Small steps to big success! What did you achieve today?

Replies

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    I was extremely frustrated and irritated and thought I'll go sit at home, drink a beer and have some chips... But I didn't!! I normally would have not even recognized the signs of emotional eating before
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Today, after 3 weeks of being pretty good I went to a zumba class all on my own and loved it! I then got home and weighed myself for the first time in 3 weeks and I had lost 8 lbs! I am so pleased, just have to keep going that's the only problem!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Today I pre-logged the ice cream cake and snack I know I will be having at my daughter's birthday party so I can arrange my day around it rather than giving up because there's a party.

I know it seems stupid but it's a big step. Usually I'd just not bother logging in that situation.
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    These are so inspiring!
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Today I pre-logged the ice cream cake and snack I know I will be having at my daughter's birthday party so I can arrange my day around it rather than giving up because there's a party.

I know it seems stupid but it's a big step. Usually I'd just not bother logging in that situation.

This is anything but stupid ... it's brilliant! Hope you enjoyed the party and goodies :smile:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I went to a Zumba master class.
    ujbwruwe9lq6.jpeg

It's adorable that you post photos! I spotted another of you earlier today.

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Today, I thought about a friend on here, running outside in the Chicago weather. That inspired me to catch the city bus in the cold (not near as cold as up north) and go to the gym and workout.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    I wanted to cook up an apple cinnamon pancake for dinner... I had a whole wheat turkey burger and a banana instead...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I went out for breakfast in the blizzard so I wouldn't get cabin fever and munch all day.
    vftpbzxyl13h.jpeg
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    I got a flat tire! I had to take my car in for 2 tires and an alignment. I found the closest shop to the gym and went for a workout while waiting. Much more fun than sitting there for 2 hrs!
  • bspringer544
    I got a flat tire! I had to take my car in for 2 tires and an alignment. I found the closest shop to the gym and went for a workout while waiting. Much more fun than sitting there for 2 hrs!

So long as a person remembers to put gym clothes in their car lol good on you!
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Great job! I had no motivation to work out today. I didnt get much sleep, was really tired but i put on my swimsuit and did a water workout! Yay! Also, i made a goal for myself to exercise at least 30 minutes for 5 days and i did it! Another major step for me is cutting out soda....not completely, i still have a cup but thats saying alot bc i used to drink it all day like water.
  • Jcox300
    Jcox300 Posts: 62 Member
    my husband and decided to start eating better together. we went to ther store and bought healthier foods!!
  • bspringer544
    Congrats @Lallen377 and @Jdavis3111 !

Today was my day off. I finished my first full T25 workout and DIDN'T binge despite being inside with nothing to do all day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I'm bulking/gaining weight (after losing 30+ pounds). It is very difficult for me to see the fat gains, especially during my time of month when I'm bloated and holding even more water weight. This month I did NOT FREAK OUT like I have been. I kept it together. I wore beautiful sweaters and leggings, remained calm, and enjoyed my extra calories in the gym. I'm just kind of down at the moment but wanted to post this because I'm really proud of myself for not giving up and not going crazy this month.
  • Lallen377
    Thank you!!! You too
  • Lallen377
    @bspringer544- thank you!! You too
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Today I turned down a vanilla shake from in-n-out burger.. it was hard, I love shakes, but i didnt want the sugar. Did you know that a regular size shake is almost 600 calories. that is 200 calories more then the burger itself.
  • beautifulsass
    beautifulsass Posts: 7 Member
    All of these posts are awesome! Way to go everyone. Today, I convinced my mom to join me in the gym. Its been a really long time since she's stepped foot in there. I was so proud to be leading by example and happy to help support her achievements
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Signed up for a 10k in March and one in June. I have 2 other people joining in each event. I'll be walking.