Looking for ladies "tummy apron" success stories!

First of all, I don't mean to exclude the boys here. I just know female tummies naturally seem to stretch out more due to us having the whole baby-carrying ability :P

So here's where I'm at: I have the dreaded mommy apron. But the kicker: I'M NOT A MOMMY! LOL. I've never even been pregnant. I've been overweight, if not obese, since I was about 8 years old. I've yo-yo'd a lot. Up 20 here, down 30. Up 45. Down 60. Up 30... Since I was about 15. My highest was 220 in 2009, and my lowest was 161 a couple years after that. It hung down less, but looked the same, just a bit smaller.

I am now 29, and feel more dedicated than ever. But this tummy kills me. I hate seeing it just hang down like that (about two inches). My goal is 35 pounds away but my stomach hangs down like if I weighed much more. I see people lose this amount, if not way more, and their before photo tummies look better than mine! No hanging *shudders*

At the very lowest point I have a slight wrinkling appearance to the skin, but the rest of my stomach looks smooth. Just a bit of cellulite too, but for the most part it feels tight to my fat. I can only pinch the skin away at the lowest middle part, and that's just a tiny pinch.

So, ladies, after this horrifically embarrassing confession, I beg of you. Please give me some success stories of women that were able to pull their tummies back up (kids or no kids) without surgery! Photos are much appreciated!! Please, someone tell me it's possible!! I will be forever thankful.

Replies

• RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    I too am interested in hearing what others have to say about this. :)
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Skin, regardless of gender, stretches the same.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Really? I always heard wrong then. Old wives tale lol.

Well I'm open to anyone giving me hope
  • bsbprincess
    Thanks for the reply! :)

Definitely hoping someone can give me some hope here, lol. I don't think I could ever have surgery voluntarily.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I got up to 220 with my last pregnancy. My tummy came back in. I unfortunately don't have any pictures of me at 220.
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    **following** I am very interested in the responses.
  • bsbprincess
    @Asher_Ethan thank you!! You look great!! So that definitely helps :)
  • bsbprincess
    Bless you!!!! Your advice and sharing personal experience helps so much. Thank you!!!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    I still have 50lbs to go until I hit my goal but I've lost 30 so far and my mummy apron is definitely shrinking. I was concerned it wouldn't and I'd be stuck with it but I'm definitely seeing it shrink as I lose weight.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Following to see more progress pics. This is a worry of mine as well. :)
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Following to see more progress pics. This is a worry of mine as well. :)

This!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I have lost 12 lbs and my hangy down stomach was the first place I noticed a major shrinkage.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I've lost 173#. My stomach has lifted up maybe 2" during the last 4 ears. Idk if I'll have any more shrinkage because there's still a lot of flab.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    I have 3 kids (one is 7 months old) and Im going to have an apron until I decide to surgically fix it LOL- if I ever want to. Im interested to see how it looks once I hit goal. I might just be so damn proud of myself <or it may look okay by then> that I wont even care. Ive started lifting recently. (SL 5x5) Because I know without building muscle there is zero chance for me to change the shape of my body... tummy included.
    I took some "befores" so we will see how it goes! Since Jan 7th Ive lost 1" on my waist, 1" on my thigh and 1" on my hips. Hubby says my tummy looks slimmer too. So, YAY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!