What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• tanyabrillhart9
    tanyabrillhart9 Posts: 10 Member
    I can cross my legs like a lady. I haven't been able to do that in yeeeeaaarrrsss.
  • getting compliments on how skinny i look :smiley:
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Oh, and I managed to go to my favorite cupcake place to get a thank you for my neighbor's family, and I didn't get anything for myself. I wasn't even really tempted. (If he hadn't helped me with the shoveling, I would have been at it for at least another two hours.)
  • cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    zira91 wrote: »
    ndachndlr wrote: »
    Went to Cheesecake Factory and ate under 900 calories. My favorite dish used to be over 3000 calories.

YAY for you!!!!
    BioQueen wrote: »
    So this is huge for me because it is a bad habit that I really really wanted to break. I didn't spend ANY EXTRA MONEY on food this week after I went grocery shopping. Normally I will go buy salads or other prepared food. Usually I make very healthy choices, but it is hard on the wallet and doesn't help the habit of home preparation. I made all my lunches instead of buying them. I also didn't make any other trips to the grocery store to buy things I forgot.

Wow this is amazing!
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    This happened the other day, but I'm still over the moon about it!!
    After I did a quick lipstick check in the mirror on my way out of the bathroom at work, I glanced back as I turned away and noticed my lovehandles are almost gone!!!!! :D:D:D
    Before, like a month ago, I could grab hold of them. I stood there pinching and pinching and nothing was getting squeezed!!! The ladies were laughing at me for standing in the bathroom pinching myself, but I couldn't help it!! Now I can't stop touching!!!!!
  • 2012retiree
    2012retiree Posts: 36 Member
    I can wear my husband's jeans now after 67 lb. loss.
  • I've recently signed up for a triathlon, so I'm training in the pool. Yesterday I went for a swim and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in my swimsuit. I came to the realization that I will NEVER have a bikini body, but that wasn't my NSV. My NSV is that for the first time, I realized that I look damn good in a swimsuit, and I'm happy with my body, flaws and all. I no longer care about wearing a bikini this summer, not even one little bit.
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    I havent weighed in in almost a month, but I just took my measurements for the month, and since last month I have lost a little over 30 inches all over. An average of 4-8 inches per major area.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    I'm back in 36" pants. Yeah!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    @shellygw - fabulous, simply fabulous NSVs. Your achievements translate into more freedom - every day you are freeing yourself just a little more, beautiful!
  • niccoletta19
    niccoletta19 Posts: 5 Member
    I had a new program made up with a different personal trainer at the gym this morning and she kept remarking on how strong I am for a beginner and changed the whole plan she had created for me after I surprised her with my strength :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I have a friend who has always been significantly smaller than me.
    I'm going on a cruise and now that I've lost weight I asked her if she has a black skirt I could borrow and try and squeeze into for the dress up night.
    She brought over several and they were all a bit too big!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    I woke up really sore from shoveling yesterday and decided to do a little bit of jogging/walking while listening to a netflix show as a way to "loosen up" before my pain relievers kick in... I ended up jogging continuously for over a mile (from my fitbit data, it looks like I did at least 20 minutes of jogging)

I'm starting to tear up from this. I have always been the fat kid who couldn't even jog a single lap around the high school track, and I now can jog a mile without feeling out of breath or constantly thinking about it (honestly I was too busy mentally screaming at House for being a nincompoop). It was one of my new year's resolutions to be able to jog a mile straight, and I didn't know how "easy" it was. Now I'm thinking about trying to jog a 5K before the end of the year.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I woke up really sore from shoveling yesterday and decided to do a little bit of jogging/walking while listening to a netflix show as a way to "loosen up" before my pain relievers kick in... I ended up jogging continuously for over a mile (from my fitbit data, it looks like I did at least 20 minutes of jogging)

I'm starting to tear up from this. I have always been the fat kid who couldn't even jog a single lap around the high school track, and I now can jog a mile without feeling out of breath or constantly thinking about it (honestly I was too busy mentally screaming at House for being a nincompoop). It was one of my new year's resolutions to be able to jog a mile straight, and I didn't know how "easy" it was. Now I'm thinking about trying to jog a 5K before the end of the year.

That Fantastic feeling.! !! Feeling. Better.as a adult! !! Great. Post
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    abatonfan wrote: »

Made me cry too! I was in your place last June. Now I can jog 5k with no problem. I'm sure you will be there soon, too. Congratulations!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    I see dimples on my cheeks after 2 long years. I ate a pizza last night and stopped at 2 slices and wasn't even tempted to eat the rest. So much winning!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    @pearso21123 That is one of the greatest NSV's - when your dedication to fitness rubs off on your kids and they start making healthy habits!

My NSV is along those same lines - my son (12 years old) asked me to wait until he got home from school to go to the gym so that he can go with me. He's loving learning how to lift weights!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    I buy clothes now, not just because they fit me and I have no choice, but because I look good in them and they look good on me. I am sure a lot of people here can relate to that. Lots of wonderful people here. In their after shots, as well as their before shots.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Spreading the word about MFP after receiving compliments from co-workers!
  • ellaJaeger
    ellaJaeger Posts: 11 Member
    I'm getting up at 4am without an alarm to work out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!