My Diet is Better Than Yours (TV Show)

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2016
    I've been watching it! That "taskersizing" lady was NUTS. She completely flipped out when she was kicked off and was 100% unprofessional to her client by throwing her under the bus and saying the client was the problem. Come on, 2 or 3 weeks with the scale moving by 1lb (or none at all)?

One of my favorite parts about the show is they don't only talk about their weight. The host also mentions total inches lost, blood pressure changes etc. It's nice to hear about all aspects of the weight loss and not just what shows up on the scale.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    as far as I'm concerned its more proof that shawn t is a hack. his workouts provide very little instruction. He is more a cheerleader (nothing 'gainst them i happen to think they are very athletic) but worthless as an instructor and frankly thats what i need, someone to remind me of form and counting out reps so i dont have to keep looking at the video. I dont need someone shouting platitudes like "do you got it?" "are you good?" "i know you can do this" blah blah blah.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Shaun T. is super cute but he talks. So slow. Like Alison Sweeney does. On BL. It's so. Wooden.

Abel is cute but he looks like an elf next to his contestant.

smqmofa9kv7h.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    One of my favorite parts about the show is they don't only talk about their weight. The host also mentions total inches lost, blood pressure changes etc. It's nice to hear about all aspects of the weight loss and not just what shows up on the scale.
    This! and about nutrition too which in the real world and daily life is 80% because most of us do not have time to devote more than 2 hours to exercise. Realistic average for most is an hour to and hour and a half.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    edited January 2016
    As crazy and unlikable as the taskercise lady is, her client was exercising at least more than before and eating better and was losing 1 lb per week which is normal.
    and she was definitely not doing enough exercise to lose 10 pounds a week! lol! She would have to be doing some serious exercise to lose that much in a week at her size.

Very true! And her expectations were way to high. She wanted huge losses but rolled her eyes and grumbled at everything she had to do.
    and my favorite part about her was the full mode make up to work out! I always laugh when women come to the gym with make up on -- especially base. It is a sure sign not ready to work out but to get their rap on or be noticed. a little lipstick or lip gloss ok, but definitely not ready to really get a sweat on.
  • eggheadrn
    eggheadrn Posts: 14 Member
    I liked how they also mentioned other health markers (waist, BP). I didn't like the ingratitude in the opener of 'not losing enough'. This isn't a sprint....
  • WalkingAlong
    As crazy and unlikable as the taskercise lady is, her client was exercising at least more than before and eating better and was losing 1 lb per week which is normal.
    and she was definitely not doing enough exercise to lose 10 pounds a week! lol! She would have to be doing some serious exercise to lose that much in a week at her size.

Very true! And her expectations were way to high. She wanted huge losses but rolled her eyes and grumbled at everything she had to do.
    and my favorite part about her was the full mode make up to work out! I always laugh when women come to the gym with make up on -- especially base. It is a sure sign not ready to work out but to get their rap on or be noticed. a little lipstick or lip gloss ok, but definitely not ready to really get a sweat on.
    Latasha even wore a pearl choker and earrings to her 5k and other cardio sessions. When her new trainer was scolding her for all the primping on the treadmill, I was really hoping he'd add "and let's just lose all the jewelry while we're at it, before it warrants another break to take care of that flopping around."
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    They do have to be able to complete a half marathon to be eligible to win the show. Which made the fact that the taskersizing lady never worked on running crazy. How is she going to be able to finish a half marathon if your exercise is squatting while picking out fruit at the grocery store.

The Fit to Fat to Fit show seems interesting. I followed the blog when the guy did this to learn how is clients felt and how breaking the bad eating habits is not always as easy as "I just won't eat that anymore" Hopefully the show is interesting.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

I used to have a boss who color-coordinated her lipstick, nail polish, and sweater before going to yoga.

giphy.gif
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    I was pretty impressed by the Fit to Fat to Fit show. Seemed refreshingly no-nonsense overall, despite the gimmick. I actually found myself glued to most of the episode, unlike TBL and alike which I find really hard to pay attention to or to resist FF through much of it.

Latasha probably feels more confident and comfortable in her skin being dolled up a little. I compensated a lot with cosmetics and accessories due to feeling frumpy and concerned of looking like someone who had completely given up.
    The girl with the superswap trainor really piles on the makeup as well, but her makeup palette doesn't stray from neutrals.
  • WalkingAlong
    Alidecker wrote: »
    They do have to be able to complete a half marathon to be eligible to win the show. Which made the fact that the taskersizing lady never worked on running crazy. How is she going to be able to finish a half marathon if your exercise is squatting while picking out fruit at the grocery store.
    They don't have to run, though. They did a lot of walking just during their 5k challenge. Which I was relieved to see, since I think running while obese is doubly risky.

I don't know if the winner has to complete the half. I thought the half was just one last publicity stunt and whoever lost the highest % of their weight won the money.

• yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    The taskersizing lady strikes me as slightly nuts. She tries making the girl taskersize her prayers... like what?
  • pennycrabtree100
    pennycrabtree100 Posts: 5 Member
    I think it's funny , the best on is the no diet plan
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    So although I'm not a huge fan of the amount of weight per "week" they are supposed to be losing, I like this show better than some others. I think it is great that they are focusing on the diet vs. just exercising 24/7 to lose weight. I also think it is important for people to realize there are multiple ways to lose weight, but only some of them can actually fit into someone's lifestyle. I think there is a lot of ~woooo~ but it is nice to see things that actually work for people and things that definitely -don't- in the long term (aka taskersizing).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

Latasha even wore a pearl choker and earrings to her 5k and other cardio sessions. When her new trainer was scolding her for all the primping on the treadmill, I was really hoping he'd add "and let's just lose all the jewelry while we're at it, before it warrants another break to take care of that flopping around."

I just watched this episode. OMG. First she stopped to tighten the laces on one shoe. Then she stopped to put her hair up. Then to do the other shoe. Then to pee. Jillian Michaels would have torn her to shreds if she'd done this on the Biggest Loser.
  • WyldRoots
    WyldRoots Posts: 1,078 Member
    I've watched it - will continue on demand. It's interesting to see the different "diets", and there are some legit facts that people can learn - ie. the colour blue suppressing appetite.
    Taskersize woman is a nut, and her poor client is just too nice to get rid of her. Vegan woman was meh - she went a little dumb with the smoothies/detox. I mean, of course after that the woman's goung to "gain" when she starts adding solids to her diet again - just the food bulk. The no diet diet is my favourite so far. Teaching him to change perception/way of thinking/bad habits etc., instead of focusing on "good" and "bad" foods like everyone else.
    My biggest complaint is that they're not basing it purely on diet. I think exercise shouldn't be included, because one person being more active than another will seriously change results.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member

Her wearing make-up or jewelry doesn't bother me. I do that when I work out and it doesn't stop me from getting in a great workout.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    I've been watching the show & as I expected, the experts're all extremists. If 1 were to take a little piece, of what each has to offer; then that'd be ideal but any 1 of those plans alone're overdone, which also includes fiction and/or is void of pertinent information, like the most important of all: CICO! So without any knowledge concerning CICO, it guarantees that they'll never be able to continue losing weight and/or maintain their goal weight, without these plans or any other, that again doesn't inform 1 about CICO.
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    I'm catching up on this show.
    I think I am on week 4 on their plan and the taskercise lady is still in this episode. The Super Swap plan seems sensible to me but then again maybe it seems that way as I haven't heard her say anything really wacky.
    I do like that they talk about some medical health aspects of weight loss. I do wish they'd point out that losing 1 pound in a week is perfectly normal and is considered healthy.