I recently switched my goals to the IIFYM method..

Hey yall! Just needing some feedback. I have been stalled for 6 months. Yes, I know its my fault. I have binged and then exercise like mad to lose the gain, hence I have fluctuated the same 10 pounds since July. If I used the macro calculator and included my activity in the calculations, I should not log my "calories burned" from exercise correct? BTW it gave me like 400 more calories and I am loving how many carbs, etc I am allowed to have. BTW I lift 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week. I am doing the standard 5x5 stronglift program, and cardio is walking, or elliptical, yoga, or something else fun. :) I appreciate feed back. Oh I have lost 120 pounds so far, I am 295 as of now, and i am 5ft 4 inches tall. I have basically a desk job. There that should be enough info...lol!

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    You used something like the IIFYM calculator?

Yes, that means you wouldn't eat back exercise calories. They are already included in the calculations. Monitor your progress and adjust as needed.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    You used something like the IIFYM calculator?

Yes, that means you wouldn't eat back exercise calories. They are already included in the calculations. Monitor your progress and adjust as needed.

Yup
  • themacropoint855
    themacropoint855 Posts: 13 Member
    How offer should one adjust? I've read various things: re-check every 5-7 pounds; don't adjust until you stall... Thoughts?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    You will probably be ok adjusting every 10 lbs until you get closer to your goal. Adjust every 5 lbs then.
    Also adjust if your workout routine changes drastically.

Cheers, h.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Thank you all so much for the feedback!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Keep carbs below 100 grams/day and all be fine.