What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I'm allowed to resume upper body strength training

Oh, excellent! (I had an enforced "no exertion" order after surgery last summer, and I thought I was going to lose my freakin' mind!)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Continuing to stick to healthy ways to handle my stresses...I still have only had 1-2 small glasses...where before I would've been drinking bottle after bottle of wine, rum, vodka...and binged on tons of food. This time I'm finding healthier ways to handle things, while still stopping to vent/take care of me. At least red wine is somewhat healthy and I made myself stop and meditate afterwards. I felt better and put the bottle away.

This is huge for me because I come from a long line of alcoholics...and my self control usually goes away when I'm really depressed/stressed. This time I'm still working out, napping if I feel exhausted, drinking tea and breathing as I drink it, and eating when I feel like it versus just using it to drown things out.

This is so, so wonderful: Congratulations on achieving such good mastery over your own behavior. It isn't easy . . . but the result is great in so many ways!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    JustHilsie wrote: »
    I no longer have snacks after dinner! And I no longer let a setback throw me off course; if I indulge I get back on track as soon as possible.

This!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Used a Kettle Bell for the first time
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    I jogged 3 miles this morning, at a constant pace, without stopping!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I cooked a balanced dinner last night for the first time since I moved into a new apartment last month.
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Last night, my bath towel wrapped around my body completely! It usually gapes at the hips, but I had at leas an inch of overlap :)

This right here! Ladies this is such a small yhing but it feels soooo good :). I am almosy there, i still have a bit of a gap at the bottom but i can acturally wrap it and it stay now.
  • kelseyrumley93
    kelseyrumley93 Posts: 1 Member
    Went to Texas Roadhouse tonight and didn't eat a single roll or a baked potato!

And I honestly didn't miss it! ..... That much! :)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    My husband decided to set up a small exercise space in our basement for me, so I don't have to spend so much time at the gym (40 minute drive round-trip). We got the first few pieces of equipment moved in, and a television (you can't see it in the pic). THIS is what happened. Yes, we have a living room with a television, and they have a television in one of the bedrooms, but they are choosing to workout while watching t.v. or playing on their tablets! They've been playing musical chairs with the equipment. (Please ignore the canned goods and egg cartons in the background; it's a work in progress and I haven't gotten everything moved out yet). I can't believe the changes that have taken place with my whole family because of my decision to lose weight!

m6fb294w7dsi.png

That thigh magic machine is no joke! I bought mine for a dollar at a flea market and the woman was like "Take it please!" I love it. Works great! It's a bit fun too, when I'm not struggling to finish 20 in a row! lol Great job on the set up! My kids work out with me too. It's fun to do together.

I love it, so far, too. Did 50 yesterday. You can definitely feel it. I paid more than $1, though :) . $20 off craigslist. My thighs are my least favorite body part, because they've always been very flabby. I got the elliptical (is that what that thing is called?) for $20 off craigslist, too. My oldest (14) was excited to see it, because that's her favorite machine at the gym. I'm still looking for a treadmill.

Yay craigslist! That's awesome! Yes, it's called an elliptical, I have one too and love it. That's great your kids get excited too. So nice.
  • Fatboy2Fitboy
    Fatboy2Fitboy Posts: 44 Member
    I used to use the elevator at work quite frequently back when I was heavier and it always used to shudder and shake everytime I stepped on and off it. Used it out of the blue the other day and it did not even flinch when I stepped on it. Yay me!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2016
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I'm starting to tear up from this. I have always been the fat kid who couldn't even jog a single lap around the high school track, and I now can jog a mile without feeling out of breath or constantly thinking about it...
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Captain Picard approves. :smiley:
    picard_clapping.gif

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2016
    My husband decided to set up a small exercise space in our basement for me... I can't believe the changes that have taken place with my whole family because of my decision to lose weight!
    This is really inspiring, what a great hubby and your kids look super fun and awesome! Well done. :smiley:

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    mathjulz wrote: »
    @pearso21123 That is one of the greatest NSV's - when your dedication to fitness rubs off on your kids and they start making healthy habits!

My NSV is along those same lines - my son (12 years old) asked me to wait until he got home from school to go to the gym so that he can go with me. He's loving learning how to lift weights!

Mine love going to the gym with me, too, but only the oldest is allowed to use the equipment. The others go to the play room. They're always all sweaty when I go to get them, so I know they're getting exercise even without the equipment. Saves a lot of time being able to work out at home, though.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    My husband decided to set up a small exercise space in our basement for me, so I don't have to spend so much time at the gym (40 minute drive round-trip). We got the first few pieces of equipment moved in, and a television (you can't see it in the pic). THIS is what happened. Yes, we have a living room with a television, and they have a television in one of the bedrooms, but they are choosing to workout while watching t.v. or playing on their tablets! They've been playing musical chairs with the equipment. (Please ignore the canned goods and egg cartons in the background; it's a work in progress and I haven't gotten everything moved out yet). I can't believe the changes that have taken place with my whole family because of my decision to lose weight!

m6fb294w7dsi.png

That thigh magic machine is no joke! I bought mine for a dollar at a flea market and the woman was like "Take it please!" I love it. Works great! It's a bit fun too, when I'm not struggling to finish 20 in a row! lol Great job on the set up! My kids work out with me too. It's fun to do together.

I love it, so far, too. Did 50 yesterday. You can definitely feel it. I paid more than $1, though :) . $20 off craigslist. My thighs are my least favorite body part, because they've always been very flabby. I got the elliptical (is that what that thing is called?) for $20 off craigslist, too. My oldest (14) was excited to see it, because that's her favorite machine at the gym. I'm still looking for a treadmill.

Yay craigslist! That's awesome! Yes, it's called an elliptical, I have one too and love it. That's great your kids get excited too. So nice.

I'm getting a treadmill on Thursday, from my mom, who just got it back from my sister. I can' t wait!! My youngest asked when we're getting "that think you can run on and can set the speed" (translation: treadmill). I may have to fight her for it.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Saw it on here a few times already, but my engagement ring is about ready to slip off!! I need to take it in to be sized before I lose it.

Oh and I bought a size 6 Calvin Klein dress! 4 weeks of weight lifting, from an 8 to a 6 and the same weight on the scale!!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    My boyfriend and I normally get pizza once a week, because of hectic schedules, etc. usually its kind of a treat, but this week I didn't even want it! So I got something else, still take out, but I'm not craving the bad foods as much!
  • tinab190
    tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
    hufflepie wrote: »
    I have a few!

Clothing related:
    I caved and bought new jeans when I put my old pair on and it felt like cinching a potato sack. I went from size 12 to size 8, which is a size I've never been. I'm even wondering if I should have gone for the size 6, instead. I'm also realizing that I need a new belt.

I pulled out a medium shirt that I haven't fit into for almost 5 years the other day, and wore it to work. I was confronted by a coworker the same day who wanted to know how much weight I'd lost and how I'd done it.

Exercising:
    I like running now. I realized that I've always pushed myself to go too fast, instead of working up to it. Now I pick a pace (about 11-12 min. miles) that I can keep up for forever and just run most days. I've finally gotten below a 10 minute mile when I do push myself.

• tinab190
    tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
    Tonight I am putting together a pile of clothes to donate. They don't fit anymore.
  • beataparsons
    beataparsons Posts: 7 Member
    I'm down to 1Tbsp sugar and 2 Tbsp creamer in my coffee! (Down from4-5 Tbsp and "oh that looks about enough " creamer)

OH, and 25 days of logging on to MFP!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!