Small steps to big success! What did you achieve today?

Replies

• southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    First day sticking to calorie goals after two weeks of visitors and festive fare. Very happy! My lentil dinner was actually delicious...
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Refrained from second helpings at lunch (even though I really wanted it).
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    I made my breakfast, lunch and snack to take with me to work. I find when I do this it is so much easier to stick to my goals for the day.
  • Underyourstars
    Underyourstars Posts: 5 Member
    I've stayed in my calorie range for the day! That's quite the accomplishment because I never do. Now it'll be a real accomplishment as long as I stay away from the late night snacks & tv :)
  • shrinkingtina
    shrinkingtina Posts: 686 Member
    Today I stayed on the treadmill for 5 minutes longer....ok and only had 1 glass of wine.
  • bspringer544
    ....ok and only had 1 glass of wine.

Hahaha!
  • shrinkingtina
    shrinkingtina Posts: 686 Member
    Hahaha!

Being back on MFP makes me realize how many carbs and calories truly are in sanity
  • bspringer544
    Hahaha!

Being back on MFP makes me realize how many carbs and calories truly are in sanity

Makes me really grateful of the fact that I only drink water anyway.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    I ran more than I walked in the treadmill today!! I realized I was going at too fast a pace so I bumped my speed down. I'm feeling super pumped about my cardio days now!!
  • samchez0
    Absolutely smashed it at boxing tonight. I gave it my all. So proud of me :)

This is awesome!! I'd love to try something like boxing or karate!
  • samchez0
    Today I wanted to get my favorite burger from Whataburger, double meat double cheese. I thought of bunch of excuses of why I should just hit the drive thru rather than make something at home. It's late... I won't get the fries... Everyone else has already eaten... But I didn't stop. I drove myself home and made a dinner that was within my calorie allowance. It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!

This is huge!! It's been really hard for me to cut out the fast food! We've cut it down to just weekends but I know I can still do better.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    I got a flat tire! I had to take my car in for 2 tires and an alignment. I found the closest shop to the gym and went for a workout while waiting. Much more fun than sitting there for 2 hrs!

Way to make the best of a bad situation!
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    I made it through a work catered lunch and kept myself in my calorie goal. I noticed I don't crave heavy big meals. My eyes finally know what a proper portion size is...not what my stomach tells me lol That's a big step for me
  • rmhowell11
    rmhowell11 Posts: 11 Member
    It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!

Congrats...you are right it is huge...even small steps in the right direction are steps forward...keep up the great work...=)
  • bspringer544
    Failed to set my alarm clock for this morning and didn't get my exercise in. Thought it would fudge up my whole day and cause me to overeat. Stayed within my calorie goal and snuck in some light yoga tonight instead. Going to bed very happy with my day.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    I'm getting much better at saying no to food when I'm not really hungry and I'm just sitting around on the computer.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    I upped my lighter weights from 3 pounds to 4 pounds at the gym today :)
  • hugrabug
    hugrabug Posts: 10 Member
    I was finally able to exercise after over a week of fighting off a horrible virus. Even though I couldn't do much before my body became exhausted I'm excited that I'm getting back on track!
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    hugrabug wrote: »
    I was finally able to exercise after over a week of fighting off a horrible virus. Even though I couldn't do much before my body became exhausted I'm excited that I'm getting back on track!
    That's awesome!
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    I upped my lighter weights from 3 pounds to 4 pounds at the gym today :)

Nice!