Just a silly mistake...

BerttiBott
BerttiBott Posts: 22 Member
edited January 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I fell asleep rather early and I panicked when I saw the time, got ready for work, and ate breakfast as fast as I could. Halfway out the door I realized it was 9 pm and not 9 am... Problem is, the breakfast was pre-planned for the next day and now I'm far over the limit for today. If I continue tomorrow as if I had eaten it at the right time, it ought to balance out, right?

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    LOL

It's time for a vacation....
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    LOL! Sorry...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,080 Member
    You are maintaining right? One meal, one day over is not going to mess you up long term. Just eat like normal the next day and it will all even out in the long run.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You are never going to make up for that, sorry :D
    Lol, tomorrow is another day, no worries.
    To avoid this happening again, buy a 24 hour clock/watch.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    I would think it will balance out.

Also, been there, done that (or something very similar). When I was in college, I was prescribed codeine for headaches I was having. I took one in the early afternoon and felt sleepy so I set the alarm for when the dining hall opened for dinner. I went to bed. When I woke up to the sound of the alarm, I was so out of it that I went through my entire morning routine. Then I went to the dining hall. And wondered why they were serving dinner food at breakfast time. Doh. Have never taken codeine again (and it has been probably 17 years since that happened)...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    It'll average it self out. Don't do anything different tomorrow.

carry on as usual.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Lol.

Honestly though, I wouldn't eat breakfast if I wasn't hungry, one way or another... were you hungry at 9pm? lol.
  • BerttiBott
    BerttiBott Posts: 22 Member
    No, but I'm seldom hungry in the morning, either. Due to my schedule, it's prudent to eat breakfast regardless because I know I won't have access to any food until the late afternoon or evening and it can be distracting and unpleasant to feel desperately hungry during that period.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    oh noooooo
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Sense of perspective OP - you really need to get one.

How many days in a year? How many meals in that year? How much does each individual meal really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Let it go and move on.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Oh man, that brings back memories of high school when I had to get up at 4 am for hockey practice and when I was working 2 full time jobs and a part time job. There was a few times I got up, dressed and headed out the door for the wrong engagement.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    annaskiski wrote: »
    LOL

It's time for a vacation....

+1
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I go to school full-time during the day during the week and work overnights on the weekends. There has been more than one occasion of me waking up and not knowing whether it's am or pm.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    You probably burned half those calories just panicking that you were late. ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I've actually done this before. I don't get enough sleep so really thought I crashed and woke up the next morning. Turns out it was 8pm not 8am.
    Just carry-on as normal and don't sweat it.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    It's what you do 90 % of the time that matters! Dw about it

If concerned you could always eat at a 10 % defecit tomorrow to make it for it!

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Haahaa your calorie goal will even out. Your ability to not be teased endlessly will take longer to recover.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    This reminds me of something that happened to me twenty years ago. I fell asleep in the afternoon and slept really soundly until 6:30. I slept so well that I was sure it was actually 6:30 the next morning when I woke up and I started work at 6:00. It was in the fall, so 6:30 at night looked just like 6:30 in the morning. I got dressed in record time, flew down the stairs, jumped in my car and peeled out on the highway. About a mile down the road, I began to wonder why the sun was behind me, since I was driving east. That's when I realized it was early in the evening, not morning.
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    LOL