40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Seekin friends in midlife wanting to motivate, challenge and support each other.

Each stage of life has unique challenges. In midlife some of us may be facing slowing metabolism, health concerns, time restraints, and more. We can help each other overcome some of these issues to get to a healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Lost about 5 lbs. needing do more exercise. Fibromyalgia is slowing me down. Anyone with tips to reduce the pain.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    There are good drugs for fibromyalgia. I have seen theories about inflammatory foods (sugar, refined grains, even artificial sweeteners). You could try it.
  • vortex15
    vortex15 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi,
    If you would like, send me a friend request. Just turned 40 this year and looking for support.
  • KE1972
    KE1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Would love to join ya. I couldn't reset my start weight since I stopped doing this for a while but actually down 8lbs. since last week. Making this my year. I need to get more exercise in too.
  • Darjaurhziva
    Darjaurhziva Posts: 28 Member
    Hi, I am 44, send me a friend request.
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    I'm turning 41 in two weeks and also suffer from health related pain and other symptoms (MS). On top of my daily medication, I find that nutrition and exercise help me manage both pain and fatigue. Feel free to message me and/or friend request if you want to talk. I'm happy to talk and support.
  • PollyannaRobling
    PollyannaRobling Posts: 1 Member
    I'm turning 40 in 3 months. I have M.S and looking for pals who want to work together with fitness.
  • dealohio3
    dealohio3 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    vortex15 wrote: »
    Hi,
    If you would like, send me a friend request. Just turned 40 this year and looking for support.

• dealohio3
    dealohio3 Posts: 3 Member
    I just turned 40 too
  • blpjsmith
    blpjsmith Posts: 5 Member
    I
  • blpjsmith
    blpjsmith Posts: 5 Member
    I am almost 69 yrs . old and weigh over 300 lbs. all my vitals are good , but I am very uncomfortable .I stay below 1800 cals, do water aerobics 3 days a week, 60 min each day. I gained 100 lbs years ago by quitting smoking while going through menopause. cant seem to lose. my question , is there anyone else my age on here?
  • kelbels1
    Hey bjpjsmith. I didn't have much luck with water for weight lis but it did help strength. Sometimes our portion controls are off. This can cause us to have too many or not enough calories which can cause some very poor results in weight loss. When I first started counting calories I was pretty generous in what I was calling a portion and didn't lose much weight.
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    I'll be 48 in May. I lost 189lbs 4 years ago and have gained 35 back. I'm down 5 since I started tracking and exercising again. I'm looking for motivation, support etc. I don't know how to add a friend but would love for y'all to add me. I'll accept all and hopefully we can work together to support and motivate each other!!! Thx!!
  • JKarl67826
    JKarl67826 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys! Can I join your message board? I am 60 years old and struggled with weight my whole life; in my younger years I controlled my weight with a LOT of exercise. Today my age and health issues prevent much exercise other than walking. At one point I was unable to walk at all for several years and my weight went way up. Now I am looking for a way to lose weight...I am not crazy about going to group meetings so I thought I would give this a try. I have lost some 25 lbs on my own, but I think I need some help with motiviation and some place to vent. I feel alone out here.
  • kelbels1
    Heck yeah you can join here. Make sure you add some friend while you are here to keep up the motivation.
  • kelbels1
    So today is a new day that I feel just tired and unmotivated. What are some good ideas today for a cold breezy day to get me moving. Just looking to burn some calories. How are you guys getting past the fatigue
  • JKarl67826
    JKarl67826 Posts: 2 Member
    I start off walking...seems that if I can just start I feel better.
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    I'm on a six day streak of 30 min each day on eliptical. I bought a used one and finally started putting it to use!!! I'm so hoping to stick with this!! It's cold in NC so in door is needed this time of year! We can do this!!