Small steps to big success! What did you achieve today?

Replies

• saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    I got in a killer workout yesterday! I am so sore and I don't feel like my muscles can handle a workout so I'm spending the day doing some heavy cleaning so I'm not just sitting around all day.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2016
    Came home to discover a box of glazed donuts sitting on the counter! ACK!!! I didn't eat one, though!
  • HelenRobertsNZ
    HelenRobertsNZ Posts: 16 Member
    I worked out the calories for the muffins that are sitting on my bench, and decided I'd rather use those calories elsewhere. Four weeks ago I would have eaten the muffin, then another and probably another without a second thought.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Came home to discover a box of glazed donuts sitting on the counter! ACK!!! I didn't eat one, though!

I didn't even know that was possible! Way to go!
  • amandatullar
    amandatullar Posts: 5 Member
    Today, like most days I got myself to the gym at 10:30am after a long, tiring shift at work and I tricked my mom into walking extra on the track at the gym by randomly losing laps when she would ask which we were on. This is an accomplishment because she normally knows! Also got her to walk about a mile outside with me later in the day. I also hit every one of my fitbit goals and hit a new record low weight for myself!
  • amandatullar
    amandatullar Posts: 5 Member
    Today, like most days I got myself to the gym at 10:30am after a long, tiring shift at work and I tricked my mom into walking extra on the track at the gym by randomly losing laps when she would ask which we were on. This is an accomplishment because she normally knows! Also got her to walk about a mile outside with me later in the day. I also hit every one of my fitbit goals and hit a new record low weight for myself!
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    @amandatullar that's awesome!

• raulsgirl75
    raulsgirl75 Posts: 36 Member
    This week I have turned down soooo much food . I only ate one piece of the huge box of chocolates my husband brought home for me and none of the 12 pk of Reese's cups . I also have kept to the small portion with out seconds.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I was putting crunchy cereal over my yogurt, not today, those calories add up. Ate my yogurt with berries only. Husband had his lunch made and offered me some but I said No I am making myself something healthy where I usually would have eaten whatever he made.
  • UnicornAmanda1
    UnicornAmanda1 Posts: 56 Member
    Today I wanted to get my favorite burger from Whataburger, double meat double cheese. I thought of bunch of excuses of why I should just hit the drive thru rather than make something at home. It's late... I won't get the fries... Everyone else has already eaten... But I didn't stop. I drove myself home and made a dinner that was within my calorie allowance. It doesn't seem like much but that was a big step towards changing my habits. I always used to choose convenience over nutrition. Kind of proud of myself tonight!

You should be proud! The little things add up
  • UnicornAmanda1
    LloydGK wrote: »
    Last night I quit smoking weed.
    Time to start acting like a grown-up :wink:

This grown up still is loving some 420 lol.
  • UnicornAmanda1
    Jetamu96 wrote: »
    Weighed myself this morning and i'm down just under 7 pounds! So proud of myself!

Whoooooo!!!
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    20 mile bike ride at 16mph. Windy, but still a great ride burning over 1600 calories
  • miryamch420
    miryamch420 Posts: 19 Member
    I have been trying a lot of new healthy foods lately, the type that I used to find too complicated or too long to cook. Today I'm cooking dry chickpeas! (One night soaking, 1 1/2 hour cooking). I intend to use some to make hummus and refrigerate the rest to use during the week.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    went to a church dinner, ate light, healthy stuff only and socialized. Socializing was more fun than eating!! I have been missing out on a lot by eating.
  • Kimberly789
    Kimberly789 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm usually very inactive on the weekends, but today I put on my fitbit and did a lap around the mall.
  • bspringer544
    Bought a bunch of junk food yesterday and left them on the counter to tempt me. Didn't give in! Hopefully they'll still be sitting there next Saturday.
  • bspringer544
    I know it's only morning but finally hit that point in C25K where I'm beginning to feel the burn. Wanted to quit 3/4 into the session but I didn't. Now I feel like a super hero! BOO YA!
  • k8es
    I know it's only morning but finally hit that point in C25K where I'm beginning to feel the burn. Wanted to quit 3/4 into the session but I didn't. Now I feel like a super hero! BOO YA!
    Woohoo! You should run with a cape!
  • k8es
    I repeat the same C25k workout every time. I'm not training for anything and I like the run/walk intervals of this workout. Today, I accidentally hit touched something on my phone mid-interval and it reset. So I said screw it, I'm just going to run until I die then I'll walk a little. Well, I never died (hence me typing this) and I ran my whole route!