What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• workin_onit
    workin_onit Posts: 101 Member
    My NSV: I no longer avoid mirrors at all costs! That is so 35 pounds ago.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Last night my boyfriend and I ordered pizza for dinner. Normally we would have gone with whatever 2 pizza special was available (2 Large or 2 Medium), but last night I ordered a personal size pizza and was completely content with it!

I also accidentally forgot to push complete on the online order for the pizza, so the wait time was nearly tripled. I was starving and needed to eat something while we were waiting. After rooting through the cabinet, fridge, and freezer, I decided on a pickle spear and a glass of water. I completely surprised myself with the choice, but it worked!

Finally I also got a 20 oz soda with the order. I drank about a third of it, then realized that I really wasn't enjoying it. After mainly drinking water for a few months now, I lost the taste for it!
  • misma10
    misma10 Posts: 13 Member
    My boobs! Haha. My pecs have been getting a work out recently, and I noticed last week that this mother of two's granny boobs were looking perkier and fuller! I never thought I'd see the day haha.
  • HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    I tried on some old high heels that I had thought were just too painful to ever wear again. Just playing dress up with my 3 year old, I never thought that just a 20lb loss would affect my shoe size like this! I tried on every pair I had stashed away. Even a gorgeous pair of 4 inch heel booties I got on extreme clearance that I was going to get stretched fit comfortably!!

Guess what I will be wearing to work on Monday!!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    This thread always makes me wanna cheer!

This week, my BMI dropped from 'Obese' to 'Overweight'. Now I know that BMI isn't really a good gauge of anything, and that it's highly dependent on bodytype, but to see that Obese label fall off for the first time in two years felt miraculous!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    This thread always makes me wanna cheer!

This week, my BMI dropped from 'Obese' to 'Overweight'. Now I know that BMI isn't really a good gauge of anything, and that it's highly dependent on bodytype, but to see that Obese label fall off for the first time in two years felt miraculous!

That must be amazing! Well done you! (And this thread makes me cheer too.)
  • workin_onit
    workin_onit Posts: 101 Member
    This morning I decided I should wear my 32" shorts since the 34s I had on are getting a little loose around the waist. I dropped trou and found out I was already wearing my 32s!

tumblr_inline_ms8ulwWAs91qz4rgp.gif

LOVE IT! When a Large really is...just...too large...
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    I can finally wear knee socks again. Not only do they no longer cut off my blood circulation (that was painful), but they are really comfortable.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    sueann10 wrote: »
    Yesterday and today, I walked an hour to and from work! Two hours walking in one day....didn't think it was possible. Fitbit says over 400 calories each way! I'm well chuffed :)

Congrats! It is what I started doing a few years back, though my walk is 50 minutes each way. I now do it three times a week. And you knw what I would not want to miss it for the world. When I get home work is well and truly gone. I literally walked away from work. It has done wonders for my life-work balance as well as my waistline
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    My pants were too big when I got dressed for work today.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    misma10 wrote: »
    My boobs! Haha. My pecs have been getting a work out recently, and I noticed last week that this mother of two's granny boobs were looking perkier and fuller! I never thought I'd see the day haha.

Love this one!! Noticing mine have gotten higher with bench work, too...hard for a 40 yo w/a D cup *laugh*
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    No judging here please, but I've started talking to a guy online now that my marriage is pretty much over. I sent him some pictures of me (all PG) and he thought I was beautiful. I was truthful about weight and he just thought I had gorgeous, sexy curves. He's really good looking, has a 6-figure job...THIS kind of guy thinks I'M sexy, witty, smart, funny...

After 15 yrs + of being told/shown I wasn't good enough, pretty enough by my husband /mother, I can't tell you how incredible I feel. DH always makes me feel about as important as something stuck on his shoe. It's completely raised my confidence. I haven't smiled this much in years, or felt this sexy...or like a WOMAN in years.

And so, I had a great workout yesterday, and really working harder than ever. Because I've discovered I'm worth better.

Sorry it was so long ☺

Your first line tells us that you are already aware of the risk you're taking. Please be careful.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Went to Texas Roadhouse tonight and didn't eat a single roll or a baked potato!

And I honestly didn't miss it! ..... That much! :)

Yay! I'm right there with you! I was stuck in a hotel on a work trip, and Texas Roadhouse was about my only choice. The website menu had calories listed, so I was able to log what I ordered AND I said "No thanks" when the waiter said he'd put some break in my take out bag. :smile:

• Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    HeidiThe9 wrote: »
    I tried on some old high heels that I had thought were just too painful to ever wear again. Just playing dress up with my 3 year old, I never thought that just a 20lb loss would affect my shoe size like this! I tried on every pair I had stashed away. Even a gorgeous pair of 4 inch heel booties I got on extreme clearance that I was going to get stretched fit comfortably!!

Guess what I will be wearing to work on Monday!!

Congrats! I'm tired of wearing sensible shoes and hope to follow in your footsteps. (*rim-shot* :smile: )

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    This past month my NSVs are:

- Bought a pair of jeans and dress pants one size down
    - Cooked several new healthy meals. I made keto breakfast muffins, cauliflower rice, cauliflower casserole and bacon wrapped pork chops.
    - Logged all my meals on MFP and for the most part met my calorie goals
    - Walked with my daughter once a week almost every week, until I got really sick (flu's going around at work)
    - After our walk I let her pick out a doughnut as a treat and bought myself a coffee - no sweets for me! Then we read some books at the coffee shop together in the kids corner.
    - Didn't have a cupcake when the family brought over 6 huge cupcakes, including my favorite red velvet :)

I love thinking about all of my NSVs because sometimes the dang scale refuses to move! :)

All your NSVs rock. The scale will move - just be patient! Love the time you spent with your daughter!
  • KareninLux
    Reached way back into my closet today and found more clothes that fit. Didn't even have to go shopping! Thanks MFP!!
  • KareninLux
    sueann10 wrote: »
    Yesterday and today, I walked an hour to and from work! Two hours walking in one day....didn't think it was possible. Fitbit says over 400 calories each way! I'm well chuffed :)

Congrats! It is what I started doing a few years back, though my walk is 50 minutes each way. I now do it three times a week. And you knw what I would not want to miss it for the world. When I get home work is well and truly gone. I literally walked away from work. It has done wonders for my life-work balance as well as my waistline

I with both of you! I have been walking to work for almost three years. 75 minutes every morning. It is truly my sanity check. In the summer I walk both ways! Walking is for me!!t
  • KareninLux
    My cankles are actually turning into real ankles! I hadn't noticed until I was shaving my legs yesterday and managed to slice the skin off the unusually prominent bone on the outside of my leg there. Hurts like the dickens, but I was amazed to notice that I have actual ankles!

Cankles... finally got this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!