Daily Healthy Habits Challenge-JANUARY

124»

Replies

• Julipax
    Julipax Posts: 47 Member
    @newbie2143 Inventive to have dinner early! @lemonychild @47Jacqueline @rmk2311 @White_hibiscus Nudge nudge...it's never to late to post from yesterday! #nevergiveup

Date: 1/25
    Vitamin: Yes
    Water (8+): yes
    Exercise calories burned: 741
    Stayed under calorie goal: yes

Goal weight for 2/1: 160
    Current weight week of 1/25: 160
    Gain/loss vs last week: -.4 (Hey, it's the right direction.)

Struggles: snacking control

Successes: Incorporating that exercise
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Date: 1/26
    1. Exercised (yes) : yes, went to the gym, mostly cardio
    2. Completed food diary (yes) : Yes, at calorie goal
    3. Avoid late afternoon snack : Yes.

Goal wt. 2/1: 144.5 (1.5 lbs/wk)
    Current wt.: tbd Friday
    Date: 1/27

1. Exercised (yes) : yes, 1350 m swim
    2. Completed food diary (yes) : Yes
    3. Avoid late afternoon snack : Yes.

Goal wt. 2/1: 144.5 (1.5 lbs/wk)
    Current wt.: tbd Friday

Struggle: craving sugar today!! Added maple syrup to my (plain) yogurt and oh was it good! :)
    Success: I managed to stay in energy balance with the swim I did, and with the help of MFP!
  • Julipax
    edited January 2016
    Date: 1/26
    Water (8+): 6
    Exercise calories burned: 540
    Stayed under calorie goal: No! I gave into my sugar craving. I'd been wanting a donut for days. It was keep unsuccessfully trying to satisfy with substitutions like @newbie2143 did with her maple syrup or just bite the bullet, go over and move on to a new day. Golden raisins just weren't cutting the donut urge.

Struggles: snacking
    Strengths: exercise. Yesterday's elliptical was tough after Monday's ePostal swim, but tonight's swim was fabulous!
  • rmk894
    rmk894 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm back! The blizzard has had my whole life totally disrupted, since I was staying with friends. Good news was I had someone cooking healthy food for me for several days and got more exercise than usual shoveling snow. Bad news was I got totally off track with logging, especially since my Jawbone ran out of juice. So I'm starting anew with today.

Today: 1/27
    Step Goal: missed by 15%
    Logged all food: Yes
    Sugar and sodium intake: below on both for the first time!

Struggles: It's hard to get all my steps in with all this ice and snow, especially the days like today when I'm in my office seeing clients. I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow when I don't have to go in.

Successes: Two days in a row with no sweet treats!!
  • rmk894
    rmk894 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm having trouble posting- somehow my posts keep getting cut off.
  • newbie2143
    Welcome back, @rmk894! I can totally relate about struggling to get the activity in with ice and snow, I'm in Canada. Keep up the good work, shovelling snow counts ;)
    @Julipax, sometimes you've just gotta go with the doughnut! Glad to hear you had a great swim.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Date: 1/27
    Water (8+): yes
    Exercise calories burned: Around 200
    Stayed under calorie goal: yes

Goal weight for 2/1: 124
    Current weight week of 1/18: 122
    Gain/loss vs last week: 0
    Struggles: Doing one or another of my rehab exercises every day

Current strengths: Honest logging. Stopping eating once full.

Successes: Have meditated almost everyday this month

• newbie2143
    edited January 2016
    Nice to hear from you again, @47Jacqueline ! I'm glad to hear the daily meditation is going well. I'm thinking I may try that as a new "healthy habit" for February.

Date 1/27
    1. Exercised (yes): No. Planned a run, didn't go - convinced myself the weather was too poor, but in reality I could have. No excuses today.
    2. Completed food diary (yes): Yes, under calorie goal
    3. Avoided late afternoon snack: No, but limited myself to a small, Hallowe'en-sized pack of Goldfish crackers and logged it.

Goal wt. (2/1): 144.5
    Current wt.: 145 (yay!)
    +/- vs. last week: -2.0

Struggles: my motivation to be active usually drops at this time of year... Last night was a good example of that. Awareness of that fact and being accountable to you all is helpful though.
    Success: Sticking to the calorie goals, not losing motivation to log.
  • Julipax
    I love this group! I weighed in for the Biggest Loser challenge today. Scales crack me up. My scale is exactly on with my primary care physician and my OB/GYN. Theirs always weighs me 2 pounds heavier than I am. Given I weigh with clothes at the doctor, I consider my scale consistent and accurate. My neurologist on the other hand, has a scale that is wackadoo. Usually it weighs me 5-7 pounds heavier. On Monday, it was 4 pounds lighter. Today, at the BL weigh in, her scale had me 5 pounds heavier. It is just laughable! Only the mid-challenge weigh-in and final weigh ins will be on her scale again. Good! I don't like it! Welcome back @47Jacqueline @rmk894
  • Julipax
    Are you up for me starting this challenge again on Monday with a new thread? @kwagesj want to join us?
  • newbie2143
    I would love it if we could carry on through February! I have gotten a lot out of participating here. Thanks @Julipax.
  • newbie2143
    Date 1/29
    (noticed I messed up my dates again last time. The second entry in the previous post was for 1/28)
    1. Exercised (yes): Yes, 5k run
    2. Completed food diary (yes): Yes, I think I stayed within calorie goal.
    3. Avoided late afternoon snack: Yes

Goal wt. (2/1): 144.5
    Current wt.: 145 (yay!)
    +/- vs. last week: -2.0

Struggles: Accurate logging away from home. I went to the neighbor's for dinner last night and now realize just how dependent I have become on my kitchen scale and measuring cups at home to make sure I am logging accurately. Hard to be sure you have logged accurately when someone else is cooking... Oh, and keeping count of the olives and crackers and cheese you eat before dinner. That is hard too ;). Next time I will sit farther away from the appies... I think I stayed within calorie goal, but only because I used up my exercise calories. I try not to do that.

Success: Got out for a run. Not because I wanted to, but because I told everyone here "no more excuses" on my last post. So thanks everyone for giving me a reason to get out there yesterday. Only a few more weeks of cold weather hopefully :).
  • newbie2143
    Date: 1/30:
    1. Exercised:yes, 1350m swim
    2. Completed food diary: yes
    3. Avoid late PM snack : yes

Struggles: Working activity in to busy weekends... I will get out for a run later!
    Success: Sticking to the plan, even when it feels boring!
  • newbie2143
    Date: 1/31:
    1. Exercised:yes, 9k run
    2. Completed food diary: yes, under calorie goal
    3. Avoid late PM snack : no - post run snack, I'm ok with that!

Struggles: Food temptations abound on the weekend. Thank goodness for extra allowances from running...
    Success: Got out for that run!

See everyone on @Julipax 's February board...
  • Julipax
    All-Sorry!!! I've been a busy, busy bee! I'll start the Feb board in just a second! Yes, I've been doing my healthy habits! I just haven't posted the last 3 days!
  • newbie2143
    No worries!