What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    No judging here please, but I've started talking to a guy online now that my marriage is pretty much over. I sent him some pictures of me (all PG) and he thought I was beautiful. I was truthful about weight and he just thought I had gorgeous, sexy curves. He's really good looking, has a 6-figure job...THIS kind of guy thinks I'M sexy, witty, smart, funny...

After 15 yrs + of being told/shown I wasn't good enough, pretty enough by my husband /mother, I can't tell you how incredible I feel. DH always makes me feel about as important as something stuck on his shoe. It's completely raised my confidence. I haven't smiled this much in years, or felt this sexy...or like a WOMAN in years.

And so, I had a great workout yesterday, and really working harder than ever. Because I've discovered I'm worth better.

Sorry it was so long ☺

Your first line tells us that you are already aware of the risk you're taking. Please be careful.

I'm not actually. It's more that some folks frown on chatting with someone else online. So hence the line. We're both in the boat of having spouses that want to walk, but we're not even meeting until they do. We both have kids & they come first.

But thank you...and to my other friends...I will be very careful. But it's a fantastic ego boost...and a much-needed one.
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Yesterday I ran a 6 minute mile on the treadmill without walking part of it. :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    I'm not actually. It's more that some folks frown on chatting with someone else online. So hence the line. We're both in the boat of having spouses that want to walk, but we're not even meeting until they do. We both have kids & they come first.

But thank you...and to my other friends...I will be very careful. But it's a fantastic ego boost...and a much-needed one.

Congratulations on finding someone who makes you feel the way you deserve to. :)

I know couples who met online, and I met my own hubby on a blind date (28 years ago, before 'the internet' was really a thing), so I know it can work out. And 'internet friends' are no less important than 'real life friends', even if you never actually meet them in person - I have more of the former than the latter, so definitely no judging here! :smiley:

For my own NSV, I've noticed that after 3 weeks of healthier eating and doing a little exercise, I have more energy and am sleeping better than I used to. I was able to (mostly) keep up with the pace of my little fitness video today, and it made me feel very good about myself! :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    So my nsv is opening up to the emotional side of weight gain/loss and the reality of how long I have had a negative body image and realizing I don't have to feel that way anymore, I have support and I am in control!

That is wonderful, in more than one way. :)

• forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Blood pressure meds lowered and no painkillers for my knee for three weeks now!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Spent most of this afternoon on refitting 4 pairs of pants. I just could not wear them anymore without looking somewhat silly as they were getting very low slung. It kinda scary as there is no way back from cutting off fabric. one I took 6 cm out of the waist the others between 3 and 4 cm. Next the yoga pants (again). There are some drawbacks to loosing weight, but I am grateful for my seiwngskills. Saves major money at the moment
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    No judging here please, but I've started talking to a guy online now that my marriage is pretty much over. I sent him some pictures of me (all PG) and he thought I was beautiful. I was truthful about weight and he just thought I had gorgeous, sexy curves. He's really good looking, has a 6-figure job...THIS kind of guy thinks I'M sexy, witty, smart, funny...

After 15 yrs + of being told/shown I wasn't good enough, pretty enough by my husband /mother, I can't tell you how incredible I feel. DH always makes me feel about as important as something stuck on his shoe. It's completely raised my confidence. I haven't smiled this much in years, or felt this sexy...or like a WOMAN in years.

And so, I had a great workout yesterday, and really working harder than ever. Because I've discovered I'm worth better.

Sorry it was so long ☺

Your first line tells us that you are already aware of the risk you're taking. Please be careful.

Just on a positive note there: On-line through chatting is how I met my wonderful amazing husband after a terrible realtionship much akin to what you describe. Good luck!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I used to be an active long distance cyclist ... ultra distance. Randonneuring, audax, 24-hour races and things like that.

Then a few years ago, my activity level dropped for various reasons and I put on a bit of weight.

So one of the main reasons why I joined MFP and set about losing weight was to get back into Randonneuring again.

Yesterday I cycled my first 200 kilometre randonnee since March 2012, and completed it in 11 hours 18 minutes total time. :grin: I am so pleased to have done that and absolutely ecstatic about the time. The time limit on a 200K is 13 hours 30 min and I figured I'd be right close to the limit ... finishing with so much time to spare was amazing!

My ride report is here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Machka9/view/campbell-town-canter-200-2-km-802156
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Went to a church potluck today and only at 450 calories.
  • bettyrox79
    bettyrox79 Posts: 77 Member
    After only a week and a half of swimming every other day I have increased my distance. First swim - 500m in 45mins. Today - 850m in 50mins. Still never gonna be an olympian but hey at least I'm moving this fat *kitten* lol
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    agzram wrote: »
    I was shopping at a thrift store yesterday for some inexpensive jeans as I transition down in sizes and I stumbled across a pair I had donated!! Felt good to see how far I had come!

LOVE this!!!!!!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Found the back of another closet today. More clothes that fit! Yay.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    bettyrox79 wrote: »
    After only a week and a half of swimming every other day I have increased my distance. First swim - 500m in 45mins. Today - 850m in 50mins. Still never gonna be an olympian but hey at least I'm moving this fat *kitten* lol

I am back swimming too. Feels great, right?!
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    This morning, I ran a 5 mile race in under an hour!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    -Had to get new skinny jeans, happy to report I'm down to a 16 in nearly every store I walk in to.
    -Thrift shopped and get some new button downs, all in an XL, no more plus size tops! Which is so crazy to me since the arms are usually my biggest issue with button downs.
    -Going out last night for my friends birthday and saw people I hadn't seen in over a year who couldn't stop going "wow" at what I look like now. I didn't think I was that different.
    -Realized over the past two weeks or so, when I sit in meetings I cross my legs more. I wasn't really able to comfortably before.
    -Tried on a pair of size 14 jeans and they buttoned, the muffin top was out of control so I passed but whoa.
  • Zumba_Goddess_73
    Zumba_Goddess_73 Posts: 8 Member
    A year ago I could barely walk 2 miles, took me almost an hour, now I can walk/jog/run 5 in under 70 minutes
  • According to DH's phone, we walked 6 miles on Friday and 9 miles on Saturday while in NYC for the weekend.
  • andreagetsfit1
    andreagetsfit1 Posts: 86 Member
    1. Went grocery shopping and was actually feeling super proud of myself for not purchasing any junk food or pop. A major step in the right direction from the cheese puffs (my weakness...) and cookies I usually find myself buying.

2. Managed to get through the entire weekend without any fast food. As each day passes, I crave it less and less.

• 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2016
    I visited a girlfriend yesterday whom I haven't seen in a few months, and the first thing she said to me was "holy cow, your thighs are amazing!" It's summer in Australia & I was wearing short-ish shorts which I have only just become comfortable wearing around people who I know. And nobody has EVER said I have amazing thighs. Ever.

It's still very hard to see myself the way others are seeing me, but a compliment like that was definitely what I needed to continue my journey with renewed confidence. Sometimes it's the little things that keep us going xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!