New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Lol @ the immersion blender comment. I love mine though!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    I made french toast with the Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Swirl bread that I posted about a few days ago. Delicious!! I also tried the Cacao + Cashew Butter Bear Naked granola. It's good but not amazing.
  • Francl27
    I made french toast with the Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Swirl bread that I posted about a few days ago. Delicious!! I also tried the Cacao + Cashew Butter Bear Naked granola. It's good but not amazing.

Yeah those Pepperidge Farm breads are great for French toast!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    @fishshark how were the quail eggs? Did they taste like regular eggS?
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    fishshark wrote: »
    triddering wrote: »
    These are becoming my favorite treat!
    cfour9jbvh5p.jpeg

yummm looks so good.

They are so good and I just discovered new flavors! A chocolate chip cookie dough version jumped in my cart today and a coffee ice cream version waved at me as I walked away with the mint chocolate chip again... I will have to rescue it from the store next time!
  • Francl27
    I've tried Yasso and I found them so bland. I don't get the hype about them (I tried a caramel swirl ages ago and coconut about a year ago - ended up throwing them out).
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    fishshark wrote: »
    There's not very much saltiness or truffle flavor to these, but that's what ya should expect when when a product is marketed towards raw foodists. I like that they don't require refrigeration. I'll be sure to try their cheesy almonds.
    91HaUr9zt6L._SY355_.jpg
    This was a lot like the Chocolate Chili Almond Kit's Organic bar, but with extra cayenne flavor and some moisture to it. Oh, and crickets. It has half the calories of an Exo bar, which is nice.
    chapul_aztec_bar_L.jpg
    I had one of the drumsticks instead of a birthday cake yesterday. They're pretty small for a drumstick. Delish.
    Diestel_SK_006-540x390.jpg
    Quail eggs! There's not much of a difference between 'em and chicken eggs. Some people say that they're a lot harder to open compared to chicken eggs, but that definitely wasn't the case for these.
    WXfPKpo.jpg
    Avalanche Goat Cheddar - Yum.
    goodfood1-495x267.jpg
    These are SUPER chewy and kinda, uh... Almondmealy? There was pebbly bits throughout the cookie that kinda looked like raw quinoa. I think it was the macadamias?? WB Kitchen > these, any day.
    caveman_single_stack_2014_tropical_web_large.jpg?v=1394564612
    I got an immersion blender. I'm liking it so far, but I have one complaint: It looks too much like a vibrator! Like, "Ultra-Quiet DC Motor" and "Crush with ease"?? Are you KIDDING me? So I wrote to KitchenAid about it. I hope they will respond.
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=116864760

haha thats pretty funny about the immersion blender. They wont change shape though (chef for 10 years) and unless you are thinking dirty both of those quotes in no way sound x rated.

Yeah, but KitchenAid might send me free stuff if I sound like it was a super big deal.

omg! you are genius haha!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited February 2016
    qdm1bs97jsdy.jpg
    At first I thought it tasted a lot like cashew butter but looking at the ingredients it was sunflower nut butter. The color of sunflower butter is kind of grayish so it wasn't a pretty bar. Also oily. It had somewhat of a caramel flavor but mostly nutty. Texture was soft but solid. At the cost of about twice the amount of a quest bar it was a flop for me.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Mio energy Coffee flavor...I had been dreaming for this for some time alas it was a nightmare reading the label to discover this genius of an idea is tainted with Fructose & 4g carbohydrate/serving.

On the other hand, Mio vitamin with stevia as a sweetener...not bad at all, they just need to reformulate the Mio energy coffee with stevia instead of fructose
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I want to get Emu eggs sometime. Quail eggs are too small to even be worth bothering with for me.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    edited February 2016
    Has anyone posted about these yet? Oreo thin mint cookies - 4 cookies = 140 calories. They remind me of a Girl Scout cookie without the layer of chocolate on the outside. The color of the mint cream is a little scary though :worried:

ijjsop7vf4zp.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    Triplestep wrote: »
    Has anyone posted about these yet? Oreo thin mint cookies - 4 cookies = 140 calories. They remind me of a Girl Scout cookie without the layer of chocolate on the outside. The color of the mint cream is a little scary though :worried:

ijjsop7vf4zp.jpg

I don't like mint but love the golden and normal oreo thins.

Really, I blame this thread and the impulsive buy for my oreo obsession. :)
  • Francl27
    glassyo wrote: »

ijjsop7vf4zp.jpg

Ditto.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

ijjsop7vf4zp.jpg

Ditto.
    Same, though, I haven't tried the golden thins.

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    acheben wrote: »
    I just had Chick-fil-a's new "Superfood Side" and, while I still hate the name, it was actually really good. It basically tasted like a less heavy version of a broccoli salad.

Here's Chick-fil-a's description: "Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend."

Superfood-Side.png

This sounds very similar to TJ's broccoli kale slaw kit. Its delicious and $3 per bag.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    SuggaD wrote: »
    acheben wrote: »
    I just had Chick-fil-a's new "Superfood Side" and, while I still hate the name, it was actually really good. It basically tasted like a less heavy version of a broccoli salad.

Here's Chick-fil-a's description: "Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend."

This sounds very similar to TJ's broccoli kale slaw kit. Its delicious and $3 per bag.
    Thanks for the heads up! I guess I need to take a trip to TJ's
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Shoutout to whoever suggested the element chocolate rice cakes. Make a trip to whole foods for them. Well worth it :)