February 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

JTH11706
JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the February 2016 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Monday, February 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any JANUARY miles here. We will continue updating the JANUARY spreadsheet using the JANUARY thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of February. Please add only your February goals/miles to this February thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Janet

Replies

• momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Please put me down for 100 miles...
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,240 Member
    I'll do 350 again!! Thanks!

Chris
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Put me down for 60 miles please
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Going for 120 miles this month please. Weather here is awful plus renovating a house so not many steps being taken
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Struggling with weather trying for 70 miles this month
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    I'll stick with 125 m - it's a challenge to achieve them at the moment!!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    edited January 2016
    I am in for 150 miles again. Want to try for more outdoor rides. I hope.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,788 Member
    Please put me down for 700 miles this month
    Good luck everyone.... :)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,337 Member
    I am going to stick to 150 miles. I think we have been very fortunate with the weather being mild in December and freakish in January. I start intramurals next week which means half marathon training before school or after intramurals in the dark with headlamp and of course there is the thought of some nasty weather for the coming month. If I can get to the gym on bad days and do some bike work, I may up it.

Good luck to everyone and remember any movement is better than none. Don't stop or you will rust....at least I will. Thanks fellow recorders for keeping our mileage recorded. I know I say this all the time but I really do appreciate what you do to help keep us motivated.

Char
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    I'm in for February for 75 miles.

exercise.png

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,757 Member

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Where in the world did January go??? I am beginning to think these challenges make your days go by faster, what is your opinion?
    Put me down for 200 & thank you to those keeping all the data, you are awesome & deserve miles for doing that! LOL
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    I'm in for 35 this month. I didn't hit my January goal :( I was close bit not quite
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Please mark me down for another 50 miles this month. Hopefully I'll actually hit it. Thanks.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I may regret this, but put me down for 75 miles again. I need a reason to get away from the desk and find some fresh air.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,772 Member
    Please mark me down for 200 miles,again, thanks so much!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    I'm going to drop to 90 miles. Besides the shorter month, I need to make the transition of incorporating more weight lifting/strength training into my routine. I have the end of the month off and want to use that time to get more into that.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member

exercise.png

I'm dropping to 225 miles this month, as it's a shorter month.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,311 Member
    edited February 2016
    In for at least 60 again! :smiley:

Dave
    rI85m5.png
This discussion has been closed.