The Red Squad Fanatics

Replies

• MadAliceNo1
    MadAliceNo1 Posts: 16 Member
    Was sick today T-T Felt like throwing up but don't worry I will be fine tomoz~
    I am not doing so good on the veggies ..
    Does anyone have any ideas how to eat more veggies?
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 917 Member
    The tournament was great. Eating away from home. . . not so great! But I did get my steps in everyday. I made an effort to keep moving around between games :smile:
  • cathyd1000
    cathyd1000 Posts: 60 Member
    cathyd1000 wrote: »
    The scale did not budge again this week. It's frustrating. I have been under everyday on calories, and upped the intensity of my workouts. I'm not giving up though.

@cathyd1000
    Don't give up ever!
    All the hard work you ever put into all of this will be just.. gone.
    It will budge eventually! Keep trying ! <3

Thank You @MadAliceNo1
  • cathyd1000
    edited February 2016
    Was sick today T-T Felt like throwing up but don't worry I will be fine tomoz~
    I am not doing so good on the veggies ..
    Does anyone have any ideas how to eat more veggies?

I'm not a big veggie fan either. I have a green smoothie every day for lunch. I put spinach, kale and carrots, along with greek yogurt and some frozen fruit. I get three servings that way.

I hope you feel better.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    edited February 2016
    @MadAliceNo1 & @FitFabJenny - way to go!!! I think that the third week of a diet a lot of us slow down...I know I did!

@MadAliceNo1 - I like to work out in the morning, as then it is out of the way! Sorry that you were not feeling well! My favorite way to get lots of veggies is to make stir fry. I saute the veggies in a bit of oil then I add soy sauce and rooster sauce (some times hoisin and tofu as well) near the end. my second favorite way is to go get a veggie burrito with extra veggies. Do you eat salads?

@cathyd1000 - I can totally relate. I did a good job with eating, a great job with the workouts and not much to show for it. Let's stick to plan...we can put something meaningful on the board next week!

@Mrscanmore - good job on your steps! did you get any runs in? I love discovering new cities through running!

so, plan for this week
    sunday - soccer practice
    monday - rest
    tuesday - lift/yoga
    wednesday - yoga/soccer
    thursday - yoga / soccer
    friday - lifting/yoga
    saturday - going to a basketball tournament with my daughter, so I am not sure...

Hope everyone has a great week!!

• Mrscanmore
    @lcuconley - I didn't run until I got home. Too busy while we were away. But I agree with you, I love running in new places. You see so many things that you wouldn't see driving by. We are going on holidays in 9 days and I've got my running things packed!
  • MadAliceNo1
    @Icuconley
    No I don't eat salads but I guess now is the time to start.
  • lcuconley
    @Icuconley
    No I don't eat salads but I guess now is the time to start.

I had a great spinach & roasted beet salad for lunch today...with salmon. I love it when others make salads for me!
  • Mrscanmore
    I love salads with some meat on top. It's a great way to use your left overs. Also nuts or berries!

Just got back from my extra walk. Took my dig around the block. I had more than 21000 steps today! :smile:
  • cathyd1000
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Just got back from my extra walk. Took my dig around the block. I had more than 21000 steps today! :smile:

Wow that's great!

• cathyd1000
    I had a good day today. I meet some colleagues for lunch at a great seafood place in Cocoa Beach that makes really good fritters. I had one, I didn't want to deprive myself, since I don't go there very often. I usually would have had three or four, so was fine with one. I made the meeting about the people, with the food as an afterthought. It was a nice time, and I am glad I stayed under my calories for the day.

I have had a busy week, but still managed to fit in exercise every morning so far. Tomorrow morning, I have to take both dogs to the vet for their yearly visit, so I won't be able to exercise in the morning, hopefully I'll be able to fit it in somewhere later in the day.
  • lcuconley
    @cathyd1000 good job stopping at 1! I support the "not feeling deprived". In it for the long term...
  • cathyd1000
    lcuconley wrote: »
    @cathyd1000 good job stopping at 1! I support the "not feeling deprived". In it for the long term...

Thank you :)
  • cathyd1000
    I did manage 30 minutes on my stepper this evening, and despite having a hectic and upsetting day, I did not overeat. I found out this morning that one of my dogs has cancer :(
  • Mrscanmore
    I'm sorry to hear that cathyd! We have a 13 year old chocolate lab. He's starting to have trouble with his hips. He can't run with me anymore. Makes me so sad!
  • cathyd1000
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that cathyd! We have a 13 year old chocolate lab. He's starting to have trouble with his hips. He can't run with me anymore. Makes me so sad!

Thank you. My yellow lab is the one with cancer, she's only 5 years old. My chocolate is going to be 7, thankfully he is healthy.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Last week to go!

Results for Week 4 are out
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290040/results?new=1

Awesome job you guys for commitment
  • MadAliceNo1

Well Done Everyone
    Didn't lose really any weight this week..
    Going to be honest I was slacking off abit this week by just staying home being a lazy coach potato. (most likely floor , because i like lying down on the floor and hate TV.)
    Is this the last day?
  • lcuconley
    great job red squad!! @MadAliceNo1 ...coasting for a week and still in a top spot, wow! one more week! no alcohol for me until after my weigh in!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Can't believe there is only 1 week left! I'm going to weigh in tomorrow because we are leaving on Vacation won't have a scale.
This discussion has been closed.