Adjusting your calories

I have lost 12lbs, when does your calories adjust? Do you do it your self or does go?

Replies

• jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Hi you will need to do that yourself , go through the set up process again with your new weight and it will give you a new goal , well done on your loss so far!
  • colt1205
    colt1205 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank that was helpful! Hope your doing great on your journey
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Not sure you are correct jacquifrench304. I have never adjusted anything since I started, all I do is "check in" to change my weight each week when I weigh myself. When I started in March 2015 MFP gave me a calorie goal of 1790 each day and today it is 1640. This is without any exercise of course. I have lost 60 pounds and my goal is 1.5 pounds per week. So it took a 60 pound loss to change the calories by 150 per day.
  • wawa2nc
    wawa2nc Posts: 24 Member
    I've noticed sometimes it's automatic sometimes I had to manually update it.
  • jacquifrench304
    NealNH wrote: »
    Not sure you are correct jacquifrench304. I have never adjusted anything since I started, all I do is "check in" to change my weight each week when I weigh myself. When I started in March 2015 MFP gave me a calorie goal of 1790 each day and today it is 1640. This is without any exercise of course. I have lost 60 pounds and my goal is 1.5 pounds per week. So it took a 60 pound loss to change the calories by 150 per day.

I think it depends on which app- part of the web site you use to update , sometimes the change has not flowed through for me that way , but the re entry way always has worked
  • jacquifrench304
    colt1205 wrote: »
    Thank that was helpful! Hope your doing great on your journey

Thank you , maintaining and re comp now for me !
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    I always do everything from my computer on the web site and don't even have the phone app (if that is what you meant) so maybe it is a problem with the app. Thanks for clearing that up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!