Should I start bulking?

Am around 11% body fat. Currently am cutting and I was wondering if this is a good time to start building some muscle/ go on a bulk

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    YES
  • tenzinlodoe40
    tenzinlodoe40 Posts: 15 Member
    Is there a reason to tht
  • tenzinlodoe40
    tenzinlodoe40 Posts: 15 Member
    My goal orginaly was 8%
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Am around 11% body fat. Currently am cutting and I was wondering if this is a good time to start building some muscle/ go on a bulk

Depends on your ultimate fitness goals...

What is your ideal body type? How big or lean do you ultimately want to be? Everyone is different.

If your ultimate goal is to build a lean and significantly muscular body, you should aim to be at least 12% body fat before you embark on a serious muscle building phase.

In general, if you’re around 12%-14% or higher body fat, start with a cutting phase (this is because if you begin bulking when your body fat is already reasonably high, you'll likely end up putting on an excessive amount of fat), and if you’re already at 12% or lower and you want to build muscle, start with a bulking phase.

But I'd say it really just comes down to your personal preference in terms of what kind of physique you want to achieve. Some people want to be bigger and more muscular while others would prefer to be leaner and more athletic looking. So it just depends on what kind of look you want to achieve. No one can really give you a definite answer since everyone has different physique goals.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    That's a question only you can answer based on your goals and preferences. Such a vague question with no further information provided.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    When you hit 10% BF it is time to begin bulk diet. When you get back up to 15%, it's time to begin cutting again. Repeat.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Keep going until you feel it's time for you to start bulking. No one else can tell you when the right time is to bulk..