Replies

• jennahudson01
    jennahudson01 Posts: 232 Member
    Allmax isoflex - Vanilla. Mixed with vanilla almond milk. Ah-maz-ing

Oooooooo fancy fancy with almond milk! Good idea
  • jennahudson01
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    Hey all :) just wondering what's your favorite protein shake and why ?

I like the Met-Rx brand myself.
    Tastes decent and fits nicely into my macros/calorie goals.

Never had their protein shakes.. But the pretzel meal replacement bar is ridiculously good

• time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Allmax isoflex - Vanilla. Mixed with vanilla almond milk. Ah-maz-ing

Oooooooo fancy fancy with almond milk! Good idea

It breaks it up much better than normal milk too.
  • tiernan12
    tiernan12 Posts: 15 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Trutein.

Because:

1) They disclose the ratios of protein they use rather than hiding it in a "proprietary blend" (which means the manufacturer can put whatever ratios they want and don't have to tell you).

2) It's a blend of whey, casein and egg - so both fast and slower-digesting proteins.

3) It tastes freaking delicious. Chocolate Truffle is my favorite, but Cinnabun is really good also. The casein also makes it thicker than a straight whey shake, which I like. Can't stand watery shakes.

4) It mixes up easily in a shaker bottle. Don't get dry clumps of protein in my drink and don't need to dirty a blender just to mix a shake.

Where do you buy it? Based on Amazon prices I'm seeing ~50% more expensive than other options.

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I use two brands and it’s all about the Benjie’s! I use Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Isolate (2 pounds @ Walmart $17) and EAS Whey protein (5pounds @ BJ’s whole sell 30 something I forget the exact amount), they both mix well with water or in other bevs. I have used both in smoothies, yogurts, and even in breakfast (i.e. protein pancakes, added to grits or oatmeal).
    To me they give me the most bang for the buck.
    Good luck with making you decision.
    V/r,
    DW
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    tiernan12 wrote: »
    Trutein.

Because:

1) They disclose the ratios of protein they use rather than hiding it in a "proprietary blend" (which means the manufacturer can put whatever ratios they want and don't have to tell you).

2) It's a blend of whey, casein and egg - so both fast and slower-digesting proteins.

3) It tastes freaking delicious. Chocolate Truffle is my favorite, but Cinnabun is really good also. The casein also makes it thicker than a straight whey shake, which I like. Can't stand watery shakes.

4) It mixes up easily in a shaker bottle. Don't get dry clumps of protein in my drink and don't need to dirty a blender just to mix a shake.

Where do you buy it? Based on Amazon prices I'm seeing ~50% more expensive than other options.

I ordered once from their website (because I wanted some of the samples) and once from bodybuilding.com (slightly cheaper). I was paying nearly as much for the Dymatize protein I was taking before (and the Optimum Nutrition before that), and I like the taste and blend of the Trutein much better so it's worth it to me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Lately, with coconut milk or cashew milk, I mix a Greek yogurt and the following: Protein powder,Chia seeds, Sesame seeds, Goji powder, Acai powder, cinnamon , Cacao nibs, Hemp, Flax, Powdered Calcium, Vitamin D, Maca, Beets, carrots, pomegranate powder, tart cherry

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat or Greek vanilla (or plain or coffee) yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with the juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Trutein.

Because:

Their Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup are good, too. I did not like their Mocha Caramel. I just ordered Birthday Cake. Trutein in my favorite!

Pumpkin Pie and Cinnabun make fantastic protein pancakes.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited February 2016
    tiernan12 wrote: »
    Trutein.

Because:

bodybuilding.com

And I wait for sales.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Optimum Nutrition Chocolate or cake donut. 4oz Fairlife chocolate milk, 8oz of cold coffee.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Beyond Yourself Isolate (Maple Syrup Pancake/Chocolate Mousse/Cookie Dough Ice Cream)
    Dymatize ISO-100 (Birthday Cake/Gourmet Chocolate/Cinnamon Bun)
  • jennahudson01
    Lately, with coconut milk or cashew milk, I mix a Greek yogurt and the following: Protein powder,Chia seeds, Sesame seeds, Goji powder, Acai powder, cinnamon , Cacao nibs, Hemp, Flax, Powdered Calcium, Vitamin D, Maca, Beets, carrots, pomegranate powder, tart cherry

Wow !! You are super healthy ! That's what I'm talking about.. I love natural health recipes with extracts filled with vitamins and energy. It gets expensive though. You make these on a regular basis ?
  • jennahudson01
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition Chocolate or cake donut. 4oz Fairlife chocolate milk, 8oz of cold coffee.

Sounds like a great latte lmao your probably pumped all day I know I'd be bouncing off the walls
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member

I also like Optimum Nutrition (Vanilla Ice Cream FTW!) because it's pretty cheap, doesn't have a lot of non-protein calories, and tastes great. I put it in my green drinks with coffee, almond milk, kale, carrots, cucumber, and pears - it's better than it sounds.
  • jennahudson01
    xmichaelyx wrote: »

I also like Optimum Nutrition (Vanilla Ice Cream FTW!) because it's pretty cheap, doesn't have a lot of non-protein calories, and tastes great. I put it in my green drinks with coffee, almond milk, kale, carrots, cucumber, and pears - it's better than it sounds.

Yea that sounds horrible haha
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I use a local company's Tri-Whey (Concentrate/isolate/hydrolyzed whey) I get 70 servings and it costs me R589 (this is about $36) which basically means $0.51 per serving.. I only use it because it's so cheap, and their flavours are absolutely insane! They taste just like milkshake! lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    If you are looking for a lower price for bulk protein you might want to check out My Protein or True Protein online. I understand they both offer great products at good prices.
  • jennahudson01
    The one I use is a super anabolic mass gainer, it has 850 calories. 60g protein and 134g carbs.

Though after I drink it I get this weird heavy feeling in my chest, do you guys think the problem is that I just need to drink more water afterwards ?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    The one I use is a super anabolic mass gainer, it has 850 calories. 60g protein and 134g carbs.

Though after I drink it I get this weird heavy feeling in my chest, do you guys think the problem is that I just need to drink more water afterwards ?

That's not a protein shake, do you need that many calories?