Just bought digital food scale- question

Options
Where can I find is a good gram calorie counter?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    MFP! You're on it...just make sure you're picking good entries. What helps is looking up "USDA, apple" for example.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I must be entering incorrectly- Inam getting 1 medium
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    What are you looking for? If something is coming up off, go ahead and take a look at the next entry. Sometimes it will say something like Medium apple (182 grams) in which case you can go to the arrow and drop down to 1 gram.
    daifrq8m0t5b.jpg

Once you start inputting them, you'll be able to find the same ones you used in your recent list, so you don't have to comb through them again.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Apple is kind of a crappy example - better would be "USDA, granny smith" or whatever type. I hope you get the idea, lol!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You're using the drop-down menu to check for additional serving size options, right? I know a lot of people don't realize it's an option if they're logging only from the app.

Otherwise, I agree with what everyone else is saying. You can usually find an entry with the grams option, but for some foods it takes some looking. It gets easier as the good entries start to accumulate in your recent foods list, though.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you- I do get the idea. The data base is good if you know how to use it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Thank you- I do get the idea. The data base is good if you know how to use it.

I'll tell you that I got on MFP a year ago after close to 20 years of just word documents and paper calculating. That is a pain!!
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've found that if you add gram as a search term your chances of getting a entry is better, "apple grams" or "rice cooked grams".