Help!!! Server that can't loose weight!

Ok so I am gettin married in two months and have been restarting a diet for months now. I'm not big, just a bit chubby, so I only want to loose like 15 lbs. I can't seem to stay on track though because I'm constantly around food and soda. I have been eating a lot healthier and have tried to stick to water. I tend to get really hangry tho and get mad super quick if I'm hungry or need sugar. So I end up drinking a coke zero. I seem to never have time to work out, or if I do I'm too tired from being on my feet all day. I would think by the amount of calories I burn and how much I sweat at work would suffice fir me too loose weight but I am still stuck. I think the most I have lostt is 3 lbs within the last couple months. What should I do?!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Get a time machine.
  • nmorwessel766
    nmorwessel766 Posts: 4 Member
    What?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    What should I do?!

Again, get a time machine. You said you can't LOSE weight, and you're getting married soon.
    You asked for advice on a public forum :)

• nmorwessel766
    nmorwessel766 Posts: 4 Member
    Lol well thanks for the help!
  • mgomezj1004
    mgomezj1004 Posts: 1 Member
    When your hungry drink water first. Lots of people confuse hunger for thirst all the time. Either way drink water through out the day it really helps. And this other one if your hungry think of an apple and if you don't want to eat it's cause your not that hungry.

• erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    How many calories are you eating per day and how do you determine that (do you weigh what you eat)? How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    You can do it! Sounds like you have not had that 'Ah-ha' moment.

Have you tried visualising your current self on your wedding day and then your lighter self on the day?

You just need to weigh your food and log (everything!) stick to the calorie goal and you WILL get there! You really will! especially in your active job.

Is there a friend who can join in? A little friendly competition may be just what you need!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Nothing wrong with the diet soda. Better than the full strength stuff!

Are you weighing and measuring your food? Perhaps you should take a pre-packed lunch to work.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Ok so I am gettin married in two months and have been restarting a diet for months now. I'm not big, just a bit chubby, so I only want to loose like 15 lbs. I can't seem to stay on track though because I'm constantly around food and soda. I have been eating a lot healthier and have tried to stick to water. I tend to get really hangry tho and get mad super quick if I'm hungry or need sugar. So I end up drinking a coke zero. I seem to never have time to work out, or if I do I'm too tired from being on my feet all day. I would think by the amount of calories I burn and how much I sweat at work would suffice fir me too loose weight but I am still stuck. I think the most I have lostt is 3 lbs within the last couple months. What should I do?!

I'm a restaurant manager been in this game a long time and was pretty overweight for a long time. Whilst the level of activity we do daily would make the weight drop off others, for us our bodies are used to it so alas you need to do the same as everyone else, cut those cals, do some exercise! I take fruit into work to snack on I know you will have time to shove a strawberry in your mouth! That will also combat your sugar cravings so 2 birds 1 stone! Good luck with the wedding x
  • ARGriffy

You just need to weigh your food and log (everything!)
    Yeah... I know how easy it is to grab a few fries.. A little brownie... mouthfull of ice cream etc... be careful with this at work!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yep I say the time in machine is in order or you need to really make your mind up that you want to try and loose some the 15 pounds before your wedding. If you stick to a deficit you loose some of it..

It sounds like an all or nothing thing to me that you have and you are not able to control grabbing those things you know are not going to get you to your goal (Diet Soda is fine, I drinking a couple a day)..

The calorie burn though exercise is NOT going to get you to your goal and you must adhere to eating less (the deficit) .. In other words you CANNOT exercise the weight off..

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    "I never have time to work out"... say the people looking for an excuse....
  • ARGriffy
    eldamiano wrote: »

It is an excuse, but some servers do 12 hour shifts charging about and if you're doing a 12-close 5 days in a row you just want to sleep in between! ! Don't get me wrong you can force your body to get up early and workout but it's harder than doing a 9-5 to push yourself to start that.i still find it hard after a 60 hour week to force myself!
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Oh please give it a try - before my daughter got married a few years ago I had the incentive and managed to lose 14lbs in 8 weeks with calorie control. CICO always does the trick. And actually I didn't exercise any more than my usual daily walk.
  • daisy552014
    daisy552014 Posts: 13 Member
    Waitressing leaves you feeling so exhausted, I worked in a restaurant where we had to carry all the plates on a massive tray both for serving and for clearing. Long shifts without breaks and unsociable hours can really take a toll on your body. I got through it by ALWAYS eating a healthy breakfast, taking healthy snacks to work (bananas, smoothies, nuts) and in between busy periods whilst all my tables were eating or something I would dash off and eat a banana. RESIST the leftover and spare food, it's tough when there's an extra garlic bread, but drink lots of water and eat lots of healthy snacks.

When you do eat the food make lots of swaps and try to make the dish as healthy as possible!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    you're eating too much.

we can't make you stop putting food in your mouth.

with that little to lose, its unlikely youll lose it all before the wedding anyways. you can lose some weight, and feel better, but this is something you should have started last year.....
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »

It is an excuse, but some servers do 12 hour shifts charging about and if you're doing a 12-close 5 days in a row you just want to sleep in between! ! Don't get me wrong you can force your body to get up early and workout but it's harder than doing a 9-5 to push yourself to start that.i still find it hard after a 60 hour week to force myself!

So you do have time to do it, but all you want to do is sleep. Thats the whole point....
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Don't drink any calories. Do that first. Once you get that under control cut back you calories by 500. Stick with it. Drink a *kitten* load of water.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    or need sugar

I'm assuming by that you mean you need the naturally occurring you get in fruit. But if you mean you've somehow convinced yourself you need sugar from other sources, then this might be something you should reassess.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    You don't need to exercise to lose weight. You need to eat fewer calories. The best way to manage that is to log everything. That's going to be really hard working where you do. But you can do it.

Losing 15 pounds by the wedding is probably an aggressive goal. But you can get a start on it.