Weigh in day?

Replies

• reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    I log my weight once a month in MFP because of monthly weight fluctuations (I find that my weight loss progress is like a zig zag going down, and I don't wanna get discouraged too much by that). But I weigh myself first thing in the morning 3x a week - then compare that weight to the month before.
  • coramandata
    coramandata Posts: 4 Member
    Once a week on a Wednesday. Totally disheartened by my progress though!
  • Denver88Broncos
    Denver88Broncos Posts: 17 Member
    f9coun1c5m5l.png
  • Denver88Broncos
    we82z5mexycq.png
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    try to every 7-8 days but if i haven't had a number 2 id rather wait o:)
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Usually once a week in MFP. Daily in an weight trend app. I did just go a month without stepping on the scale because of the cluster that was my life November-December. I just wanted to do what I knew worked for me for awhile without worrying about the numbers. It worked, Christmas plus 3 pounds came off when I got back on the scale this morning
  • Geordie_Guy
    Geordie_Guy Posts: 6 Member
    I weigh everyday but only log my progress on my official weigh day which is Saturday morning
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I only log in MFP when I lose, but I do log every day in Libra.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    I used to weigh myself daily. But I became obsessed, and started to get on the scale several times a day ( and log weekly). Now I have banned myself from even using the scale for 3 months. I am in month 2 and doing well
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Weekly, on Saturday morning.

I used to weigh myself daily, but only logged it once a week. I definitely don't weigh daily anymore, but if I do randomly weigh myself in the middle of the week, it's just for my own information and I don't log it anywhere.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    I weigh in irregularly every 1-2 weeks, but I log each weight since I joined MFP. I need the encouragment.
  • pizzle421
    pizzle421 Posts: 16 Member
    'er day. The zig zag spikes Monday and goes lower than the previous Friday/Saturday.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    edited February 2016
    I log daily in Fitbit which I have connected to MFP (it allows for 0.1 pound increments). I'm logging daily at the moment as I am just starting and I want a nice, accurate trend line. After I can confirm that my weight loss matches the rate I expect, I'll go down to once a week, probably Sunday morning.
  • Denver88Broncos
    Good job everyone!! Anyone else??
  • I weigh myself every morning and record it once a week on Fridays. That way if I go over a bit over the weekend I have the rest of the week to make up for it.
  • CraftHer
    CraftHer Posts: 30 Member
    It's more of a zigzag pattern.

Thanks for the zigzag anology.
  • Denver88Broncos
    What is the zig zag thing??
  • sfriel68
    sfriel68 Posts: 61 Member
    I used to do weekly (Every Sunday Morning at exactly the same time), but now I do daily (at the same time). The reason I decided to do daily weigh ins is not because I want to make sure i'm losing weight every single day, but because I want to show people that losing weight is not a gradual steady decline. It's more of a zigzag pattern. I think people just have a misconception about how weight loss should be and they get disappointed if one day the eight 3lbs more than the previous day, so I'm keeping track daily to show them

This interests me as I started logging daily this week and I've been horrified to gain every day with a calorie deficit
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I have a separate app to track my daily weight. On MFP I use only my Sunday weight amount. In the separate app, it tracks my average daily loss, weekly loss, and it tracks my BMI and gives me a nice chart.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Once a week, measurements at the same time.