Show me your before & during/after pictures!

Replies

• sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    terrie_k wrote: »
    @sarahbri923
    It is really refreshing to see that 175 can look super fabulous. It does go to show it is just a number and not a size. I rarely post on discussions like this one but you have opened my eyes quite a bit.

Well thank you for making my day!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Before about 230 lbs, current about 175. I'm 5'9"

1cpysoxhuwsx.jpg

@sarahbri923 I am your height and would love to know how long this took and what your calories and workouts were to make 175 look so amazing!?!
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    edited February 2016
    Down 90lbs. Didn't take as long as dated in the pics. I dropped the initial 80lbs in the first 7 months. The rest of the time has been fine tuning. Still not done. Starting weight was 290lbs
    wm51cv2vt3uk.jpg
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member

1cpysoxhuwsx.jpg

@sarahbri923 I am your height and would love to know how long this took and what your calories and workouts were to make 175 look so amazing!?!

Thanks! The before picture was taken about a year ago. Over the summer I lost about 15 lbs to get down to around 215. It was around August that I really started focusing on my diet and was able to lose the rest. So it took me about 5 months to lose the remaining 40 lbs. I still would like to lose another 20ish lbs, and expect to start losing much slower now.

For my workouts, I do a Les Mills class called BodyPump. It's basically an hour long, full body workout with weights. Lots of squats and lunges with a barbell, while also focusing on shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I go to a class 2-3 times a week, but I think it's also available on DVD to do at home. I also took up running, and typically go around 15-20 miles a week. My calories are around 1500 a day. If I'm hungry, I'll eat back my exercise calories, but don't force myself to if it doesn't feel necessary.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    great before and afters!
  • emmaemz1985
    emmaemz1985 Posts: 140 Member
    I need to get my *kitten* to the gym
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2016
    I need to get my *kitten* to the gym

Right???? Everyone looks amazing!!!

Edited to add...sorry for all the ??? and !!!.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    About 83-85 lbs lost here and still looking to lose about 15-20 more.gnndo09aicus.jpeg
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    I'm not even kidding, every single one of you absolutely kick a r s e
    You all look fantastic. It's like looking at mother daughter photos, and the guys are equally impressive. So much respect and admiration for you
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    4aces61 wrote: »
    Down 90lbs. Didn't take as long as dated in the pics. I dropped the initial 80lbs in the first 7 months. The rest of the time has been fine tuning. Still not done. Starting weight was 290lbs
    wm51cv2vt3uk.jpg

Absolutely brilliant transformation :smile:
  • rebekahstrachan3
    rebekahstrachan3 Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2016
    m0dx83nesh0k.jpg
    laojx08j689p.jpg

6 months progress and 42lbs lost
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    m0dx83nesh0k.jpg
    laojx08j689p.jpg

6 months progress and 42lbs lost

Brilliant! You got awesome curves girl!
  • solelena555
    solelena555 Posts: 4 Member
    I went from 173 to 148, Still not at my goal but im halfway there :)
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    50lb lost. Took just over 6 months. (Age 51)

na0v9xtg5k9v.jpg

k4ar4i1t94f7.jpg

You look ridiculously super duper fabulous!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! What was your plan of attack and more importantly, what did you do to conserve the definition and elasticity of the skin in your face? Many times after losing weight, a person's face can look gaunt and older than when they started losing. But you look 20 years younger! You could easily pass for early 30's. FABULOUS!!!! Please share your secret.

Thanks for your lovely comments. I don't want to clog up this thread with tips, but will briefly say:

1. There is no face cream in the world or any pill you can take to retain skin elasticity in the face. It's genetically determined. It helps if you don't crash the weight off too fast. I lift weights and that is good for keeping your body young in all sorts of ways I never realised. . I would actually like to be thinner than I am, but would look gaunt under 140lb as I am a tall person. You have to find a balance. I recommend a book to you - if I had not read this book I would still be obese. Even if you only take some tips from it, it will help a lot: "Younger Next Year for Women: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy - Until You're 80 and Beyond by Chris Crowley and Henry Lodge". I read the men's version first - either will do. (Amazon sells it)

2. My tips are - get your diet right and eat good stuff. I don't eat rubbish and then work out to burn off calories - never. I don't go to a gym. I live in the country and there are no facilities anywhere near me. I lift weights at home. that's all I do. Eat plenty of protein. Don't crash the weight off too fast or you can get skinny fat and that is hard to remedy. Eat right and do some exercise, but concentrate on a good diet within calorie limit. Weigh yourself once a week or less. Any more than that messes with your head. Women's weight can vary hugely according to cycle, so don't be discouraged and keep going. Put yourself first while you get your weight, fitness and health under control. I hope this helps a bit.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    You ladies look great!

I'm down almost 70 pounds- 35ish this year.

Here are mine:
    jhuulacfvhf7.jpg
    kfzchhgfra1i.jpg
    bdfs1hbcy6qk.jpg

(Yikes, just realized how blurry that last one is!)

ooh, well done, I want to wear a bikini for the first time ever in May for my honeymoon, I like the look of your high waisty one!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    50lb lost. Took just over 6 months. (Age 51)

na0v9xtg5k9v.jpg

k4ar4i1t94f7.jpg

bloody hell, you look thirties!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    c_ung wrote: »
    lzh3xrzctcka.jpeg
    Not an easy journey but i am glad i started it

You look FAB!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member

1cpysoxhuwsx.jpg

You look super fit! Awesome bod! Is this your GW? Just curious because I am 5'10" CW 160 and I don't think I look good. But you look amazing!
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    this is a during picture...still have some weight to go but finally back at a normal BMI. congrats to everyone and keep up the awesome work. and if you fall off the wagon (or in my case get hurt and fall off the wagon during the process) then just get back on!!

May 2013 at 200lbs
    June 2015 at 138lbs

0cynmonjdftx.jpg

Wow! Where did you get that After dress!? And WOW you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!