Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    What about these. Yes? No? Classless?

960.jpg

That's like Michael Jordan in a Wizards uniform...

I have to offer a fist bump for that one because the analogy is so good. Also, as intrigued as I am by these, I doubt they're actually very good in real life.

tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500.jpg?1318992465

did it
  • Carlos_421
    Double Stuf can only be made better in one way... take two of them, remove one cookie from each, and piece the two Oreos together to create a QUADRUPLE STUF.

Whoa...easy there sparky...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Between this and the pizza thread, I think I have my evening dinner planned out...

+ Wine (or beer) and Gelato for dessert
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    oreo-filled-cupcake-today-20160202-tease_ff110d23f3218d2a8738b43aa15fc823.today-inline-large.jpg

I think these hit shelves on the 8th if anyone's interested.

This is everything that makes me mad about cupcakes. More cake is always better than less cake. More creamy filling is always better than less creamy filling.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Double Stuf can only be made better in one way... take two of them, remove one cookie from each, and piece the two Oreos together to create a QUADRUPLE STUF.

<gasp>
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    I've seen Oreo in the shop but never bought any. Why would I want to, when we have the chocolaty deliciousness that is Bourbon?

Exactly-the-same---bourbo-009.jpg
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I've seen Oreo in the shop but never bought any. Why would I want to, when we have the chocolaty deliciousness that is Bourbon?

Is this an accurately named product?
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

Is this an accurately named product?

Unfortunately no ;-)
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2016
    I just have to chime in, here. I believe some of this might make me a bit unpopular around these parts. :smile:
    1. I don't eat Oreos very frequently, but I do agree with the OP - original Oreos are much better than Double Stuf. I have yet to try to thin ones, but I believe I will like those, too.
    2. I've always preferred dark chocolate over milk for, literally, my entire chocolate-eating life, and white chocolate is just nasty.
    3. I have a package of the cinnamon bun Oreos. Other than the original, these are the favorite flavor that I've tried. I don't think they taste anything like a cinnamon bun, but more like Dunkaroos. I will be popping a couple into the microwave when I get home from work this afternoon. Brilliant suggestion!
    4. Has anyone wrapped an Oreo in chocolate chip cookie dough and baked it to make an Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie? I swear they are a treat dropped from the heavens.
    5. EDIT If we're talking about our favorite packaged cookies/biscuits, I would have to vote for Tim Tam Classic Dark.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I just have to chime in, here. I believe some of this might make me a bit unpopular around these parts. :smile:
    1. I don't eat Oreos very frequently, but I do agree with the OP - original Oreos are much better than Double Stuf. I have yet to try to thin ones, but I believe I will like those, too.
    2. I've always preferred dark chocolate over milk for, literally, my entire chocolate-eating life, and white chocolate is just nasty.
    3. I have a package of the cinnamon bun Oreos. Other than the original, these are the favorite flavor that I've tried. I don't think they taste anything like a cinnamon bun, but more like Dunkaroos. I will be popping a couple into the microwave when I get home from work this afternoon. Brilliant suggestion!
    4. Has anyone wrapped an Oreo in chocolate chip cookie dough and baked it to make an Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie? I swear they are a treat dropped from the heavens.
    Not yet! Slutty brownies are also a thing.

oreo_sandwich.png
    This thread needs more ice cream.

I've been meaning to pick up some Blue Bell cookies and cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2016
    How about these?

5236204234_fb9bc4803a_z.jpg
  • Carlos_421
    5. EDIT If we're talking about our favorite packaged cookies/biscuits, I would have to vote for Tim Tam Classic Dark.

Not yet but I've been wanting to.

I have had deep fried Oreos though and...
    giphy.gif
  • instantmartian
    Slutty brownies are also a thing.
    I actually just learned about this when I was on Facebook this morning before heading into work. I already have it on my list of things to make this weekend for a Super Bowl party, but I will be using my cookie recipe and my brownie recipe. I told the hostess of hte party that I'd bring some sort of dessert, this sounds perfect and will prevent me from eating the entire pan. :smiley:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I actually just learned about this when I was on Facebook this morning before heading into work. I already have it on my list of things to make this weekend for a Super Bowl party, but I will be using my cookie recipe and my brownie recipe. I told the hostess of hte party that I'd bring some sort of dessert, this sounds perfect and will prevent me from eating the entire pan. :smiley:

I was going to make these too and rename them "special brownies" as a nod to Denver playing and the fact that there will be children at our Superbowl event so I can't use the word "slutty" or the normal ingredients for special brownies...
  • Francl27
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    How about these?

5236204234_fb9bc4803a_z.jpg

1276708167348_zps04488091.gif

Blasphemy.
  • instantmartian
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I have had deep fried Oreos though and...
    giphy.gif

The concept of deep fried Oreos scared me off for years. I had a friend finally convince me to try one. They are quite awesome!
  • instantmartian
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I was going to make these too and rename them "special brownies" as a nod to Denver playing and the fact that there will be children at our Superbowl event so I can't use the word "slutty" or the normal ingredients for special brownies...

That is a very good idea. There will be children at my party, too. I was just going to call them "brownie and Oreo cookie bars" or something. "Special brownies" sounds better and it makes me giggle.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Best! Got a few of these when I went to Japan. Also, a green tea flavored Kit Kat...but already killed it.

p75f9sgmv7jd.jpg
    0n3ks6h3o6qa.jpg
  • Francl27
    elite_nal wrote: »
    Best! Got a few of these when I went to Japan. Also, a green tea flavored Kit Kat...but already killed it.

p75f9sgmv7jd.jpg
    0n3ks6h3o6qa.jpg

Omg those waffles in the back look delicious.