Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

I disagree! I'll be the minority in saying that Archer Farm's gingerbread cookies OR Girl Scout Samoa cookies are the BEST of all time! :)
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    elite_nal wrote: »
    Best! Got a few of these when I went to Japan. Also, a green tea flavored Kit Kat...but already killed it.

p75f9sgmv7jd.jpg
    0n3ks6h3o6qa.jpg

Omg those waffles in the back look delicious.

They are....eating them right now lol

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    How about these?

5236204234_fb9bc4803a_z.jpg

1276708167348_zps04488091.gif

Blasphemy.
    It's like they don't love Christmas

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

I disagree! I'll be the minority in saying that Archer Farm's gingerbread cookies OR Girl Scout Samoa cookies are the BEST of all time! :)

Jesus loves you even though you're wrong.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Birthday cake oreos are best oreos. I would sell off my firtborn for a package.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    pj9mih1ztgzw.jpg

These are awesome, have a few every night as my treat! With the thins I like the Golden better. :)
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Agreed. The original oreos are amazeballs and I save calories so that I can have a few every night while I watch one of my shows. Popcorn + Oreos = My favorite time of the day.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    What about these. Yes? No? Classless?

960.jpg

These would be a waste of tasty Oreo creme for me. I don't like Chips Ahoy at all.

But I still prefer the Red Velvet and Cinnamon Oreos to the original ones. And the S'moreos were tasty too (RIP).

How in the hell did I forget about the Smoreos?!
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member

They are IMO. I tried a sh1tload of different flavors when I went to Japan (they have a ton of different flavors)....I mean they were all really good, but I really like the birthday cake ones. Followed by the green tea, cookies n' cream then the white chocolate macadamia flavors.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Is it just me, or is MFP full of Quest Bar and Oreo shills?

It's just you

This post sponsored by....COOKIES AND CREAM QUEST BARS

500005-Quest-Nutrition-Quest-Bar-Cookies-Cream.jpg
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

960.jpg

These would be a waste of tasty Oreo creme for me. I don't like Chips Ahoy at all.

But I still prefer the Red Velvet and Cinnamon Oreos to the original ones. And the S'moreos were tasty too (RIP).

I forgot about them, too! They were my favorite of the "flavored" Oreos! I stand corrected. Cinnamon bun is my second favorite so far. :smile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    elite_nal wrote: »

They are IMO. I tried a sh1tload of different flavors when I went to Japan (they have a ton of different flavors)....I mean they were all really good, but I really like the birthday cake ones. Followed by the green tea, cookies n' cream then the white chocolate macadamia flavors.

I like green tea, but - Green Tea Oreos? That just sounds nasty. Kinda like when I tried the green tea fried ice cream from one of the local Thai restaurants. Big mistake.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    This thread is 5 pages of awesomeness!!!!!
  • glassyo
    In for the gifs.

And the oreos.

And the Quest bars.

And that waffle cookie thingy.
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »

960.jpg

I forgot about them, too! They were my favorite of the "flavored" Oreos! I stand corrected. Cinnamon bun is my second favorite so far. :smile:

They could stop coming out with new flavors and the oreo thins (original or golden) will continue to make me happy throughout the rest of my life.

I'm looking forward to the birthday cake flavor in my stash. I'm not sure about the gingerbread but I heard it was more of a subtle taste so that'll work. :)

And they should bring back the smoreos for real!

(Also, the lemon and lemon twist oreos were actually pretty good. Cotton candy...not so much.)
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Oh, man, this might be my favorite thread on here. I LOVE Oreos and admit to a very unhealthy addiction to them.

Seriously.

You should see my pantry right now - we have probably 6-8 packages of Oreos, of all varieties. Regular, double stuf, the new Cinnamon Bun ones, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream, and Berry Burst - these are all flavors I know we currently have in there. Every time they come out with a new flavor, we get a package to try it. Brownie Batter was hands down MY FAVORITE. Oh my word - so good.

They have a new one coming out next week - it is supposed to be like a Hostess Cupcake.

Oreos are definitely my "guilty pleasure" food and the one I go to when I WANT SUGAR AND I WANT IT NOW, which fortunately doesn't happen too often.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Is it just me, or is MFP full of Quest Bar and Oreo shills?

It's just you

This post sponsored by....COOKIES AND CREAM QUEST BARS

500005-Quest-Nutrition-Quest-Bar-Cookies-Cream.jpg

I may have snort-laffed at this.
  • theanalogkid43
    theanalogkid43 Posts: 1 Member
    the oreo.. aka the sandwich cookie. many are delicious, but one stands high above the rest.
    Dare's Maple Cream from Canada. i have a patent in the sandwich cookie industry, I've seen these come out of a machine at 3600/minute..
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    jaynee7283 wrote: »
    Oh, man, this might be my favorite thread on here. I LOVE Oreos and admit to a very unhealthy addiction to them.

Seriously.

You should see my pantry right now - we have probably 6-8 packages of Oreos, of all varieties. Regular, double stuf, the new Cinnamon Bun ones, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream, and Berry Burst - these are all flavors I know we currently have in there. Every time they come out with a new flavor, we get a package to try it. Brownie Batter was hands down MY FAVORITE. Oh my word - so good.

They have a new one coming out next week - it is supposed to be like a Hostess Cupcake.

Oreos are definitely my "guilty pleasure" food and the one I go to when I WANT SUGAR AND I WANT IT NOW, which fortunately doesn't happen too often.

Redundant flavor seems redundant.