Cize by BeachBody

Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
edited February 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I got suckered into watching the infomercial this morning (my coffee hadn't kicked it yet, and my BS detector wasn't at full power). This is the FIRST DVD workout program that I have EVER been slightly interested in.

I walk (20m/week) and cycle for cardio, but since my gym is no longer part of my work-sponsored wellness program, I haven't been doing anything for strength training. My lower body (and core to a lessor extent) get good workouts with the walking and cycling, but right now I don't have an upper body program. Does Cize provide a good upper body workout?

I know this program is the "gateway" to BeachBody Shakeology which I have absolutely no interest in - I like eating my food.

Has anyone tried Cize? Your comments are welcome.

Stats: 53yo female, 5'4". Currently at 200lbs (30lbs down with 30-50lbs to go).

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    I believe Cize is a cardio and not a strength program. You CAN work on building some strength in the beginning by just doing things like pushups and assisted pullups though. Eventually when they get easy to do, then you change leverage.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • EatAllTheCake
    EatAllTheCake Posts: 32 Member
    I have not tried Cize myself yet, but Shaun T has other workouts that I have done and they are good. None of the beach body workouts need to be a gateway to their supplements. I have purchased and used many of their programs without them. The workouts combined with tracking on MFP work great.
  • Fantasypugs
    Fantasypugs Posts: 40 Member
    I LOVE Cize!!!! I also have Rockin Body, and Hip Hop Abs. I finally started using Beach Body on demand so I can stream workouts as it is a great price and I get a lot of variety. Love them but Shaun T is my favorite trainer. And no, I don't use anything as as far as their supplements or anything but they really have awesome workouts
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    @Fantasypugs

Thanks for the tip about BB by Demand. I recently upgraded to a SmartTV, so I signed up for the 30 day free trial. I'm interested in the Chalene and Shawn T workouts.
  • Fantasypugs
    Fantasypugs Posts: 40 Member
    Great! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    If you do purchase CIZE, make sure to shop around. You can usually find it cheaper that buying through the Beachbody website. Ebay is a great place to purchase new and used workout DVDs or programs. I purchased Insanity Max30 (another Beachbody workout) brand new for about half the price of the Beachbody website.

I have seen the infomercial too. It looks like a good workout! Good luck!
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    I want to get it as well! I am very out of shape but have been doing some videos through YouTube. We never purchased a DVD player after ours broke (we have an Amazon Fire stick and stream Netflix and Amazon prime). So not worth buying a DVD player for, plus not sure if I can figure out how to install it!... Can the on demand option be played via the fire stick?? Technology will kill me!! Lol
  • I just started Cize and I love it! From what I can tell, it is definitely more cardio than strength. But I burn tons of calories doing it and it's lots of fun.
    I've done Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T and P90X withTony Horton and have never used any of their supplement products (i.e. Shakeology). The workouts alone work just fine for me. But I've never had to lose more than 5-7 lbs, so perhaps someone who has tried to lose more weight feels that the supplemental products were game changers in their weight loss journey.
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    I started using cize last week, I am totally out of shape and I haven't been able to make it to the end, but it's getting easier and I get farther each day, but even after 15 minutes I'm sweating like crazy.... It doesn't even feel like exercise.
  • I completed Cize in the fall. I loved it! But it is mainly a cardio program, so no upper body strength training.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    I love insanity :)

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    im definately a les mills body combat lover - ive watched you tube videos on cize and i dont reckon its high impact enough for me.
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    If you liked Shaun T he has a program called Focus T25. That has strength training in it. I've completed that program twice. Also, another beachbody program P90X3 has a lot of upper body stuff as well.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    If you do purchase CIZE, make sure to shop around. You can usually find it cheaper that buying through the Beachbody website. Ebay is a great place to purchase new and used workout DVDs or programs. I purchased Insanity Max30 (another Beachbody workout) brand new for about half the price of the Beachbody website.

I have seen the infomercial too. It looks like a good workout! Good luck!

You can get Shakeology the same way. I pay about half the price off sites like Bonanza and Ebay for it.

• MamaBerger23
    MamaBerger23 Posts: 28 Member
    I got suckered into watching the infomercial this morning (my coffee hadn't kicked it yet, and my BS detector wasn't at full power). This is the FIRST DVD workout program that I have EVER been slightly interested in.

I walk (20m/week) and cycle for cardio, but since my gym is no longer part of my work-sponsored wellness program, I haven't been doing anything for strength training. My lower body (and core to a lessor extent) get good workouts with the walking and cycling, but right now I don't have an upper body program. Does Cize provide a good upper body workout?

I know this program is the "gateway" to BeachBody Shakeology which I have absolutely no interest in - I like eating my food.

Has anyone tried Cize? Your comments are welcome.

Stats: 53yo female, 5'4". Currently at 200lbs (30lbs down with 30-50lbs to go).

I just finished CIZE in January and loved it! Shaun T is the best. It's not a huge upper body burn, but it can be if you really put everything you have into the moves. You can also use weighted gloves, that's really get your arms burning!!

PS. Congrats on the 30lbs lost already. Keep going!! Woohoo!! ☺️
  • FitDadChris
    FitDadChris Posts: 1 Member
    You don't want to see me dance, but this is a good workout. Not something I do all the time, but when I just want to change it up it is great. Only bad thing is it took me awhile to get the moves down when I first got it, so now whenever I do it here and there I kind of have to relearn them a bit, but fun nonetheless! http://fitdadchris.com/cize-workout-routine-review/