Food/Snacks

Options
what are some good snacks and lunch ideas? I am a very picky eater, I love all kinds of raw veggies and love fruit, but I have found myself craving carbs for the past year, I need some help on some foods and whT is the best way to overcome carb cravings?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    unless you have a medical condition necessitating their reduction, there is no reason not to eat carbs as long as they fit in your macros.....
  • wells1203
    wells1203 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do have type 1 diabetes, which makes it very hard!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like carbs :wink:
    All that's necessary for weight loss is a deficit.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with carbs. I love them!!! Who doesn't? I get tired of veggies etc. I find yogurt and cottage cheese to help me to feel like I'm having carbs without having carbs. I think it's the think textures. Once a week I do have my pasta. I'm not giving it up. I don't want it out of my life. I enjoy it too much. I did however cut it down. I don't go for that second helping and no more bread!

As far as snacking however, I avoid carbs! I will have a hard boiled egg white. Veggies with hummus or greek yogurt dip or taziki Melon, or apples, or laughing cow cheese. If you really need carbs.. go for Eziekil bread products and have an open faced tuna sandwich with this low carb bread for lunch. Most of the time. I will have everything over lettuce. Even a burger without the bun but wrapped in Boston lettuce. I have Jorge Cruises book on low sugar low carb. it's helpful. :)
  • jpswfe
    jpswfe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wells1203 wrote: »
    what are some good snacks and lunch ideas? I am a very picky eater, I love all kinds of raw veggies and love fruit, but I have found myself craving carbs for the past year, I need some help on some foods and whT is the best way to overcome carb cravings?

If I have a sweet tooth I'll drink water with the artficial flavor. Most of them don't use aspartame anymore so they aren't so bad for you. I also like Swiss Miss' s sugar free hot chocolate. I think it's 25 calories a cup. I also like popcorn. It makes me feel like I'm cheating and satisfies my need for crunch. I make the low or no butter kind. Then I use spray butter with zero calories. I'll add a little salt or parmesan cheese for added taste. It's a low calorie snack. Corn chips and salsa is another idea. Good luck!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Apple with pnut butter
    Tuna salad w celery
    Low fat string cheese
    Baby carrots with laughing cow cheese
    Cottage cheese nuts
    Hard boiled egg with salt n pepper
    Those are my favorite things to eat
    (Protein makes me not crave carbs and I don't get sleepy after eating the above mentioned)
  • SRLink1039
    SRLink1039 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is cottage cheese nuts?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like Quest protein chips. My fav is the cheddar and sour cream, though I honestly like all of them.

During the work week, I usually do mini-meals, so they're not so snacky. I usually throw frozen protein and veggies in pyrex and heat it up. I also keep a few smart ones in the freezer just in case. I usually have a second protein shake in the afternoon as well.