Proof that it works!

Monday I came down with the flu. Tuesday night my husband came down with it. (My son has had it too.) I started getting a lot better by Thursday, and my nose never got really stuffy and my fever only lasted a couple of days. I worked out five times a week for at least an hour a day before this hit. My husband doesn't work out at all and he had to go to the doctor tonight. He's had a high fever for four days and didn't seem to be getting better. So my point is that exercise really builds up your immune system. It may not keep you from getting sick but it could help you get over it faster! I'm still very weak but feeling more like myself everyday.
So keep exercising!

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Monday I came down with the flu. Tuesday night my husband came down with it. (My son has had it too.) I started getting a lot better by Thursday, and my nose never got really stuffy and my fever only lasted a couple of days. I worked out five times a week for at least an hour a day before this hit. My husband doesn't work out at all and he had to go to the doctor tonight. He's had a high fever for four days and didn't seem to be getting better. So my point is that exercise really builds up your immune system. It may not keep you from getting sick but it could help you get over it faster! I'm still very weak but feeling more like myself everyday.
    So keep exercising!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Nothing stinks more than when you're a mom who's sick and has to take care of your sick "kids' husband included:laugh:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    gosh I hear you my 2 girls have been sick, now today it is my fiance. Hmmmm seems like I am the only one not sick.. maybe your theory is true. I hear you rjnwin about taking care of the "kids" I now have 3 :laugh: