Fitbit exercise adjustments going nuts

Anyone else seeing that the adjustments are either not adding exercise calories at all, or doubling, even tripling them?! It's driving me nuts and making it difficult. Been going on for a month or more

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Yes. And as of today, I'm unlinking all my activity apps (FitBit, MapMyRun/Walk/Hike/Ride, UA Record) and just recording my exercise manually.

MFP seems to be getting less and less functional by the day.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Haven't had this issue at all in over a week ever since I checked the box to have Fitbit count my steps in the Steps option on MFP. This also worked for everyone else on the Fitbit forum.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    synacious wrote: »
    Haven't had this issue at all in over a week ever since I checked the box to have Fitbit count my steps in the Steps option on MFP. This also worked for everyone else on the Fitbit forum.

Omg thank you! Where do I go in the settings for this? And is it easier to do it on the app or PC? Is it on mfp or fitbit page?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Kimegatron wrote: »

Omg thank you! Where do I go in the settings for this? And is it easier to do it on the app or PC? Is it on mfp or fitbit page?

It's on MFP. On the mobile app, you choose the steps tab, then choose Fitbit to track your steps. On the PC, choose Apps, then Steps, then choose Fitbit to track your steps.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member

It's on MFP. On the mobile app, you choose the steps tab, then choose Fitbit to track your steps. On the PC, choose Apps, then Steps, then choose Fitbit to track your steps.

I used this fix a couple of days ago, but today I had to do it again! Happy that it's easy to fix, but annoyed at having to do it again!
  • EricaN81
    EricaN81 Posts: 15 Member

It's on MFP. On the mobile app, you choose the steps tab, then choose Fitbit to track your steps. On the PC, choose Apps, then Steps, then choose Fitbit to track your steps. [/quote]

Thank you!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member

Legend! I just did this, and it worked. Thank you!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    dagnammit I forgot to wear my fitbit - AGAIN

rashanfashanbollocks
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

Just to clarify, on the PC it's https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers and the Don't Track Steps should not be highlighted.

4402d375e891a2126524d85186bee93a.png
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I've been pulling my hair out over here trying to guess at my calorie adjustments.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Ahhhh thanks so much! I wonder why this happened? It's really been screwing me
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    What's even more telling is that the members had to figure out this work-around. No word whatsoever from MFP technicians, even though it's been reported multiple times through the correct channel.

Keep on keepin' on, MFP! Your mediocrity is becoming legend.
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    What's even more telling is that the members had to figure out this work-around. No word whatsoever from MFP technicians, even though it's been reported multiple times through the correct channel.

No one is obliging you to use this free tool, mate.
  • saraklemowitz
    saraklemowitz Posts: 2 Member
    Holy crap, this has been absolutely plaguing me for like three weeks. Thank you so much for the solution!

• kshama2001
    angerelle wrote: »

No one is obliging you to use this free tool, mate.

When a tool uses advertising to generate revenue, it's not really free.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member

This. worked great fro me, not a problem since I did it four days ago.
  • staceb10
    staceb10 Posts: 1 Member
    Mine isn't syncing at all today
  • kshama2001
    Bumping as people are discussing this issue in Forum Feedback.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Also... if you have the Fitbit Charge HR and use the timer function during exercise, and log it into MFP, it will double count.