Sam's OMAD thread

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Good going, Sam.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Back to 138! Great meals in the last few days: Friday was a kebab, stuffed crust pizza and cheesy chips all shared with my OH, Saturday two Burger King double cheeseburgers (one without the bun) and super large fries, and today was nachos with beef quesadillas. C25K going well! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    burger king >:) ............... I love that place, Big whopper is my fave, I used to eat a double whopper =)

Your food sounds soooooo good Sam!!! im jealous!!!

Your doing really great!! ;)
  • samgamgee
    Thanks Kitty!

I surpassed my prediction of 138 by Monday - the scales this morning said 137.8! I was a bit worried that I'd be hungry again yesterday's OMAD was at about 2.30pm (we went to a Mexican restaurant with the chap's mum), but the nachos, beef quesadillas, coleslaw and beer filled me up nicely for the day. I got a bit peckish about 9pm but realised it was because I just 'wanted something' so I had a cup of tea which was lovely and satisfying.

Tonight we are having macaroni cheese made with a combo of Applewood smoked and normal Cheddar, and I am really looking forward to not freaking out about the calorie count - in the past I have struggled with fitting macaroni cheese into my daily calories, but this time I can have my full portion without getting stressed. I think OMAD is a foodie's dream!
  • mittenswillet
    wow on the 137.8!! keep rockin it :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    samgamgee wrote: »
    Thanks Kitty!

I surpassed my prediction of 138 by Monday - the scales this morning said 137.8! I was a bit worried that I'd be hungry again yesterday's OMAD was at about 2.30pm (we went to a Mexican restaurant with the chap's mum), but the nachos, beef quesadillas, coleslaw and beer filled me up nicely for the day. I got a bit peckish about 9pm but realised it was because I just 'wanted something' so I had a cup of tea which was lovely and satisfying.

Tonight we are having macaroni cheese made with a combo of Applewood smoked and normal Cheddar, and I am really looking forward to not freaking out about the calorie count - in the past I have struggled with fitting macaroni cheese into my daily calories, but this time I can have my full portion without getting stressed. I think OMAD is a foodie's dream!

I love it!
  • samgamgee
    edited January 2016
    Ribs and chips last night, oven pizza the night before. Tonight we're having spaghetti bolognese with cheesy garlic bread slices, so the bolognese is simmering away in the slow cooker for a good 6-7 hours.

C25K W7D2 yesterday, it was a lot easier than W6D3 and W7D1 - I can't believe I've jogged for 25 minutes straight three times now!

We're going swimming on Saturday afternoon for the first time in years (the chap is keen to go) so I think I'll have a low calorie protein shake/high protein yoghurt beforehand like I have been doing to fuel my jogs - don't want to risk getting dizzy while exercising!

137.2 on the scale today - 17.2 lbs left to go. BMI 23.5.
  • mittenswillet
    - I'm officially jealous of your dinners Sam!!! hahah! Good stuff on the weightloss! I can't really relate to jogging....but I'm guessing your getting awesome results. Keep going strong Sam, your amazing... :):)
  • samgamgee
    Thanks for the kind words Kitty :) I started off struggling to jog for 60 seconds just 8 weeks ago so to be able to jog for 25 minutes now feels great!

I struggled to finish dinner last night but knew I was doing C25K today and wanted to be adequately fuelled during the day so I finished my plate of spag bol and cheesy garlic bread. Need to start buying leaner mince though, it was way too rich! I like fat but that was ridiculous. Down another 0.2 lb to 137 today which means I have lost a pound in a week despite being a good 1,200 calories in total over my weekly goal.

Takeaway for dinner tonight, not sure what it'll be yet but probably stuffed crust pizza again, although there is a bento box delivery place that I'm looking forward to trying out. I've noticed that I'm getting less comfort and emotional satisfaction from takeaways now that I'm eating one huge meal a day - I suppose that fun feeling of 'being naughty' and 'pigging out' just doesn't have the same impact when you feast every night but still hit your goals!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Sam I look forward to doing the c25k. I downloaded the app and plan on starting soon. I look forward to the day I can run for more than a minute or two.
  • blambo61
    I'm trying to get back into running. I'm only up to 8 min continuous but that is a big improvement. I have walked and biked or swam for an hour at a time recently but have just recently got enough wind and light enough to give the Jogging a go.

Congrats to you, I hope to be where you are in a couple of months.
  • samgamgee
    edited February 2016
    @Lipka1le good luck with starting c25k, you'll love it! My biggest piece of advice would be to take it slow and steady - you can always focus on increasing speed once you have the endurance down.

@blambo61 eight minutes continuous is great! Thank you :)

The weekend went fairly well, lots of sodium though. Friday night was takeaway pizza and cheesy chips, it was great but I ended up eating less of it than I usually do and coming in under maintenance (unusual for me to manage that on a treat meal!). Saturday we walked to the museum instead of going swimming, had scones with cream and jam at the cafe while we were there then had Chinese takeaway in the evening. Didn't finish either meal and came in under maintenance (as far as I could estimate accurately) that day too. Yesterday's OMAD was a huge plate of curry and rice with mini bhajis, samosas, pakoras and half a naan. Jogged for 28 minutes (that's the most I've done so far) and stayed well under my calories.

Up .4 on the scale today - I'm assuming that's weekend water weight, if not it'll be gone soon enough anyway. We're going to Pizza Express tonight, I'm planning to have a Diavolo Romana for just under 1000 calories although I'm tempted by the American Hottest with n'duja sausage for 1200... Will probably have some wine too. Rest day from C25K today but I really want to run! Will stick to dashing around the house tidying up.

Cheers all, have a good day.
  • samgamgee
    Today has been a bit all over the place foodwise, I was feeling a little jaded from a few drinks the night before (forgot to factor in how few calories I'm eating), not hungover just a bit off. Well, I ate a couple of hundred calories before and after working out because I felt a bit wobbly, then dinner ended up being larger than expected (homemade enchiladas with guacamole, mmm!). I managed to rein myself in and not eat all of my dinner, just ate until I was full and shoved the rest in the freezer. Must remember that I have less food in my system to soak up booze these days.
  • samgamgee
    Still been having OMAD plus a snack, finished Couch to 5 K today! Ran 5 K in less than 30 minutes so I'm chuffed. Seem to be up and down around the same pound at the moment but I did up my running speed from 4.5 to 6.1 for the last two runs so have been working muscles a lot harder and I think that TOM may be coming up so I'm hoping that there's some water weight waiting to drop off at some point. Just got to stick with the programme :) Dinner tonight will be Nando's before we go to see Deadpool!
  • mittenswillet
    Brilliant work Sam =) Your really doing awesome stuff!!!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Wow, 5k in under 30. That's awesome.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You are doing super, Sam! Those are some numbers!
  • samgamgee
    Thanks all! Now the challenge is to make sure I keep on with running every other day. Should be fairly easy as I'm firmly addicted now!

Dinner last night was excellent, I meant to take a photo but forgot - butterfly chicken with a hot marinade, peri peri chips, spicy rice, a quarter avocado and small slice of halloumi. Tonight I think we're doing steak and chips.
  • blambo61
    Congrats on the run!
  • PowerBlackout77
    PowerBlackout77 Posts: 43 Member
    Wow, that's impressive! Congrats! I can't even run half a block! lol