For those who want volume while cutting/ dieting

photo will be posted below! For those of you who have never heard of protein fluff, this is my version of it. I change it up from time to time depending on the flavor I want, but this whole thing including the cereal topping came out to 345 cals and weighed 2 1/2lbs. I had to put it in a salad bowl lol. definitely helps when on a cut and its basically fruit and protein. You will need a high speed/ powerful blender to get the right texture and I use xanthan gum to help thicken it and make it more fluffy. Here is what I use.
-2 cups of ice total
-torani SF syrup
-splash of lemon juice
-unsweetened cocoa powder
-cinnamon
-Carbmaster banana cream yogurt
-210 grams of frozen strawberries
-20 grams of choco protein powder
-4oz cashew milk
-4oz water
-1 tspn xanthan gum
-pinch of salt

Topping: 1/2 serving of puffed kamut and 1/2 serving Special K protein cereal. Also walden farms chocolate sauce.

You can change the fruits around or flavor profiles, but this is what is in this specific bowl. Supper filling for only 350 cals. photo below

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Blend for 2-4 mins to get fluffy texture mppqwgpykm5px.jpg
  • pinggolfer96
    Bumping cause there's people posting about insatiable hunger and instead of commenting, I'm just gonna bump this lol
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Volume?
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Giving it a shot today none the less.
  • pinggolfer96
    Snow3y wrote: »
    Volume?

High volume food. 2 1/2lbs or 40oz of this smoothie = very high volume lol
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    I wouldn't eat this. The syrup is loaded with artificial ingredients and 2.5 lbs has the potential of causing serious bloating.
  • pinggolfer96
    I wouldn't eat this. The syrup is loaded with artificial ingredients and 2.5 lbs has the potential of causing serious bloating.

Yes it is.....along with most products in America. I'm sure the air you breathe is loaded with some ingredients you wouldn't be find of either. Many people on this forum eat artificial sweeteners. Also, you don't have to eat the whole thing. Stop when you get full? You don't have to finish it. If you wouldn't eat this, then you can just abide the post. Thank you(:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    It's called fluff ...is the texture fluffy?

• pinggolfer96
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's called fluff ...is the texture fluffy?

Pretty fluffy!!! Mine was sitting out for a little and I added extra liquid for some more volume, but it was still pretty fluffy!
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    I've tried to make protein fluff several times, always failing miserably. Even after adding xanthum gum, I still can't get it to volumize. Do you use a casein protein powder?
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    If you don't add the gum would it be more of a shake than fluff? I've no idea where to get that from and not really feeling like getting it, considering I wouldn't know what else to do with it either, lol.

Oh, and the torani syrup... is it fine without that too? Again, no idea what that is...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    sabified wrote: »
    If you don't add the gum would it be more of a shake than fluff? I've no idea where to get that from and not really feeling like getting it, considering I wouldn't know what else to do with it either, lol.

Oh, and the torani syrup... is it fine without that too? Again, no idea what that is...

health food stores and supermarkets - useful in gluten-free baking, it's just a stabiliser that replaces the gluten
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I like it simple, just some milk, vanilla protein powder, xanthan, vanilla, a couple of splendas (the sweetness gets really diluted if not replaced by fruits or sweetener) and a couple of drops of marshmallow flavoring. I often make smaller servings, if 3 cups can be called small, for under 150 calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    jacklifts wrote: »
    I've tried to make protein fluff several times, always failing miserably. Even after adding xanthum gum, I still can't get it to volumize. Do you use a casein protein powder?

I use regular whey protein. The trick is to have your mixer at max speed and to have some patience.
  • pinggolfer96
    jacklifts wrote: »

I use regular whey protein. The trick is to have your mixer at max speed and to have some patience.

This