My leggings fall down!

I've been rekindling my love of Spin recently, but one thing that is doing my head in is that my work out leggings just keep falling down. Every 5 mins I'm having to yank them up and it's getting in the way of my work out.

Admittedly- I'm a big girl, with a fairly sizeable *kitten*! And the love handles probably don't help the leggings falling down issue. (I'm working hard on reducing both!!)

Has anyone out there had the same problem? I've been looking at Lululemon high waisted ones, but aren't too keen on shelling out £100. But I would if anyone has had luck with them before?

Thanks!

Replies

• charlesV9Kw7463
    charlesV9Kw7463 Posts: 14 Member
    Ha - MFP starred out my naughty word. It's BUM
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    are suspenders an option?? hahaha
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    I have this same problem when I run. I'm thinking... suspenders? onesie? LOL no. I would say if Lululemon has high-waisted leggings out now, Target & sports stores will have them out at half the price in 6 months. Interested in reading responses, because I need help now too.
  • barbellsandchocolate
    barbellsandchocolate Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm a big-butt girl who used to have the same problem, and I personally think the high waisted lulu's are worth every penny. Just make sure you get the correct size so they're not see through....I've seen way too many girls at the gym in transparent tights haha
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    I have a fat/big butt as well and I put the old Navy high waisted compression leggings and they are awesome and really affordable.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    I always buy the ones with the string so I can keep the waist tight. My butt isnt as big of an issue as my legs so I avoid the tight leggings and go for Capri
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    I have this same problem when I run. I'm thinking... suspenders? onesie? LOL no. I would say if Lululemon has high-waisted leggings out now, Target & sports stores will have them out at half the price in 6 months. Interested in reading responses, because I need help now too.

They havr them half price in 6 months?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    I recently purchased these and really like them They don't roll or fall down on me while running or bending or anything. And they are $30.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015XA2JAK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    get something with a draw string
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Get new ones. The ones you have are slipping down because they don't fit you right. I have a bunch of leggings and running tights from Lululemon, and none of them slip. If you're thinking of the high waisted wunder unders, don't get them to spin in; you'll be too hot.
  • sew205
    sew205 Posts: 34 Member
    Always choose the "high-waisted compression" option! I have the old navy ones for the exact same reason, and they are serving me well. They also keep my stomach from jiggling painfully...
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    What about cycling bibs? The straps would help keep from sliding down, and they'd provide a pad.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    unfortunately, I learned you'll have to pay for good work out pants. I tried to use some from old navy or target but found that they are done after one wash.
    I use saucony leggings and they are amazing. they cost more but last forever and they have tons of different styles. I also can find some at tjmaxx and other spots like that that seems to work well.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Pretty much all I wear for leggings is Lulu and Ivivva as they are the only brand that will stay put. I like lulu speed pants because you can tie them at the top and any of their jacquard pants since they are super compressive (I usually size down in these)
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    I swear by my under armour leggings for this exact reason. They're definitely not cheap, but you can hit deals in their outlet section of their site online. They last long with frequent washes and I love the bright colors they offer :smile:
  • KarenP99
    KarenP99 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same problem with a few pairs of mine as well. I find it's trial and error really. I've bought some capri style ones at Costco that are very snug & really stay put. I love them!.... I've also gotten Adidas full length at Winners & they're really comfortable as well.
  • magicalamanda
    magicalamanda Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2016
    The 3 dollar ones at Walmart are really high wasted and cheap. They stay on very well.
  • Minibeast28
    Minibeast28 Posts: 97 Member
    I love lulu lemon and swear by them. They stay put that's for sure
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    If you are doing Spinning classes, you might want to look into getting a decent pair of cycling shorts, with a bit of the padding ... helps to make those saddles a little more comfortable, and they stay put.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2016
    Idk. I'm always pulling up my high waisted wundr unders from lulu. Don't get me wrong, I love them, and I wear them everywhere, just not the gym. (And there's no way I could size down) For working out I love my Nike pro shorts, but I heard somewhere that they're stopping making the Nike pros. :o That would be my suggestion. Find some Nike pros before they're gone!