I'm new here...

Hey y'all, I'm new, I just started with myfitnesspal this evening. I need all the help I can get. I'm looking to lose 50 lbs (man, I'm floored at that number, what have I done to myself).

Hope to get to know y'all and share ideas.

Replies

• Hey y'all, I'm new, I just started with myfitnesspal this evening. I need all the help I can get. I'm looking to lose 50 lbs (man, I'm floored at that number, what have I done to myself).

Hope to get to know y'all and share ideas.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Hi & welcome,

You will find lots of motivation and support here. This is a great site! Drink lots of water and try to stick to your calories.

Another great site for calorie conscious recipes and substitution ideas is http://www.hungry-girl.com/

:drinker:
  • Thanks for the welcome. I've had a good day with my eating so far. But my system is so used to the volume of food that I'm sure its going to take a little while to get used to not eating so much at one sitting.

My sister mentioned something to me about portion size that I've decided that I will practice. When you go out to eat, ask the waiter to bring a "to go" container with your meal. Take half the meal and place it in the container first and then eat what's left on your plate. The "to go" container is closed so the food's out of sight. If you don't do that up front, you are more likely to eat everything on your plate. I did that last night with my dinner, I had a steak (grilled), 1/2 a baked sweet potatoe and a salad. I set the other half of the potatoe to the side and had it tonight with my turkey sausage for dinner, very satisfying.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Good job, you are on the right track! :wink: Welcome and remember to take it one day at a time!