MFP Runners Club 1/12/09

No running today for me! :sad:

My knee has been bothering me for a few days and this morning it really hurts. So, taking the day off. If I don't I can't start my marathon training next month. :sad:

Replies

• jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    No running today for me! :sad:

My knee has been bothering me for a few days and this morning it really hurts. So, taking the day off. If I don't I can't start my marathon training next month. :sad:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    2 .5 fo me this morning - was in the hospital Thurs and Friday - so trying to get back slowly
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Still can't run, but got in a great swim at the pool this morning. I'm going to do P90X and rehab tonight
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    I went 3 miles on the elliptical this morning and lifted weights for 30 minutes. I felt sluggish after running six miles yesterday, but I'm glad I did it.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Easy 3 miles today.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    No run for me today need to work the core!

:noway:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Still can't run, but got in a great swim at the pool this morning. I'm going to do P90X and rehab tonight

Why cant you run? Did you hurt yourself? I hope you can get back to it soon.

No running for me today. Had bootcamp. Tomorrow is a run day but I may skip to do spinning. My shin is really aggrevated right now. It might be time for a new pair of shoes.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    ran 4 miles today, at a pretty good pace..it felt good!:tongue:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    No run yet Jari love get ripped 1000 today and maybe a run tonight hopefully. Maybe the snow will hold off till late tonight.....:happy:

Alisha
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    5 mile TM run... felt great!! :bigsmile: Will do my ChaLean workout later!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Still on that dreaded elliptical machine. Did an hour on that thing this morning. My knee isn't feeling much better even with not running this whole week. I'm chomping at the bit to run, run, run!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Still on that dreaded elliptical machine. Did an hour on that thing this morning. My knee isn't feeling much better even with not running this whole week. I'm chomping at the bit to run, run, run!!!

Me too, Hessie! Soooooooooo sick of winter!!! :explode: :sad:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    6.5 today plus weights after. I needed it after my weekend of WINE and FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jessmomof3

I remember feeling the same way when I had my achilles injury. An hour is like torture! :laugh:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    No run for me today. Instead, I did 1 hour easy spin on the bike trainer and got in the pool for 30 minutes. Felt good.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member

I remember feeling the same way when I had my achilles injury. An hour is like torture! :laugh:

How long did it take for you to bounce back from that injury? What did you to keep in "running shape" when you couldn't actually run? How did you ease back into running? Geez...I've got a lot of questions! :laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I DID IT!! I MADE MY 2.5km!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jazpiri

Me too, Hessie! Soooooooooo sick of winter!!! :explode: :sad:
  • jazpiri
    I want to run SO BAD!! It's tough forcing myself to not run! I even forgot I'm not letting myself run this week and began fantasizing about running tomorrow. :sad:

Stupid ice! If only I had accepted that ride home two weeks ago and NOT slipped on the ice walking down the steep hill to my house. But, I was trying to enjoy the fresh air and burn a few extra calories. Serves me right.
  • jessmomof3
    How long did it take for you to bounce back from that injury? What did you to keep in "running shape" when you couldn't actually run? How did you ease back into running? Geez...I've got a lot of questions! :laugh:

It took about 4 weeks. I used the elliptical about 3 days a week and swam along w/ keeping up my weight training (but no calf raises or other leg stuff that bothered my achilles). I went to Physical therapy and waited until she gave me the OK to get back into running, then started off slow w/ a couple 3 mile runs until I didn't have any pain. I stretch very well after running and try to keep the injuries away!! HTH!