February 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Thanks everyone! The surgery went well, although there wasn't good news. Apparently the tendon was probably torn by a bone spur related to arthritis in the shoulder. Dr. scraped the bone, reattached the tendon and stitched me up. Expected recovery at least 12 weeks.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! The surgery went well, although there wasn't good news. Apparently the tendon was probably torn by a bone spur related to arthritis in the shoulder. Dr. scraped the bone, reattached the tendon and stitched me up. Expected recovery at least 12 weeks.

From seeing how persistent and capable you are on here, I've no doubt that you'll still be doing what you can and this is just a small setback.

3.7 miles in the freezing weather. It's the wind, when it would die down, it wasn't bad. I wasn't going to go out today, but we might end up with more of that white stuff tomorrow, so I figured while I had the chance.

exercise.png

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    New ttd 38.4 miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,888 Member
    vhuber wrote: »
    Only had time for 7.5 this morning on ex bike with a BUSY day at work then I went & cleaned at my grandsons house, then I walked the halls 1 mile before my hour yoga class.
    Now I am in my recliner relaxing!

You clean a lot of people's domiciles. When are you going to come clean mine. :smile:

And mine. Florida is nice this time of year!

I did a 13 mile long run today for 31/75. That puts me back in the green!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    3.23 miles walked today

52.35 miles walked to date

• kar328

From seeing how persistent and capable you are on here, I've no doubt that you'll still be doing what you can and this is just a small setback.

3.7 miles in the freezing weather. It's the wind, when it would die down, it wasn't bad. I wasn't going to go out today, but we might end up with more of that white stuff tomorrow, so I figured while I had the chance.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,302 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@KAR328 - DEJAVU!! :wink:

Dave
  • kar328
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@KAR328 - DEJAVU!! :wink:

Dave

Sigh, of course you would come along right after :neutral: I made the post, my computer was acting up, so I rebooted. Then it looked like it didn't "post reply" so I hit the button again. At the same time the cable box in my room also had to be rebooted since it was showing I had no recorded shows, when I've got plenty. I think all is good now.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,318 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Dean: What a great new toy. agree on the titanium.... Would have made some of my big bike rides so much more enjoyable.

@Just_Ceci: I am sorry to hear about your surgery results but you will get through this and be back in the swing of things once again. My hubby had rotator cuff surgery and a partial bicep tear. His shoulder froze and it took him a year of PT to gain full mobility but he did it and he is a big baby. So you will rock this girl cause all of us have seen your tenacity.

Today, people were dropping like flies at work. It's the dreaded bug that is going around. First my team mate, then the third grade teacher, next the art teacher and two kindergarten teachers. I ended up teaching a first grade class on my half of the gym and two autistic classes on the other side at the same time. And we threw in another case of head lice for good measure. Tomorrow I get to teach five double classes in a row and run an after school activity for a fund raiser for a local charity of 72 kids and no team mate to help. It is going to be a long day. So I took off for a few miles after work for a sanity break.

uuqu8wuoomg2.jpeg

Feb. 11: 9.5 miles of 4 very cold miles running and 5.5 miles walking
    TTD: 111.97 miles

exercise.png

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member

exercise.png

27 miles this week
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Starting the month off right. 25 miles out of 150. Bike and XC skis. Gotta love winter. :smile:

Adding another 6 miles on the XC skis. That's 31 out of 150.

Adding another 3 miles on the XC skis. Skate skiing is TOUGH! I guess I just need more practice. That makes 34 out of 150.

6 more miles on the hamster wheel. That's 40 out of 150.

Adding 6 more miles for 46 out of 150. It was nice to start commuting again. I didn't expect that two weeks into February.

Adding 16 more miles. It's good to be outside on the bike again but I forgot how hard it is to lug my fat carcass up the hills. :smile: That makes 62 out of 150.

Adding another 15 miles for 77 out of 150.

Adding 6 miles for 83 miles out of 150. Coming right along this month. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian

Twelve weeks will pass by like molasses but when it's done, you'll be better than before. It'll be good in the end. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    @clepant - Beautiful photo! Looks gorgeous there. Sorry about the bug at school. I've had kids home all week from the same thing. I'm lucky that I can afford to have my wife stay home. It makes taking care of sick kids much easier on the kids and I can keep sick kids out of school so they don't contaminate other kids. :smile:
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Updating with a couple runs the last few nights and some walking, too :)

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited February 2016
    Everybody seems to be busy, I know it becomes routine but can you all join my in being in the moment. I am a "on the move" person or "get er done" type. ALWAYS looking to the finished project or activity, NEVER just being in the moment & looking at it with acceptance. I sooo want to change me!!!
    It was a strange day for me. I did get some Valentine baking done for co-workers for tomorrow & I took the DH & 4 furries for a snowy 2 mile walk. Yes I said snow. It was pretty much gone after last weekend but the Snow Queen decided we look better covered in white! It is pretty out there so she must be right...

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    @vhuber - Gotta love that snow. I love just getting out there on snow covered hills and just pausing to take in the beauty and how it changes the way a valley looks. It's just amazing how clean and wonderful things look after a good snowfall. :smile:
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Yearly walking challenge: 110/1200 miles

February goal: 100 Miles

2/01: 5 miles walked
    2/02 - 2/03: 4 miles walked (snow storm here so no extra walking!)
    2/04: 3 miles
    2/05 - 2/08: 13 miles
    2/09 - 5 miles
    2/10 - 5 miles
    2/11 - 4 miles

39/100
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 3.3 miles

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member