grandma to be

Hi!
I'm Lila, and I am determined to develop more healthy habits. I will become a new grandma in late February, and I want to be strong and full of energy for my new grandson. I have struggled for years with high blood pressure and high cholesterol and tryglycerides, and my weight just gradually creeps up. Though I am a teacher, and therefore on my feet most of the day, I wouldn't call myself active.
My school is starting a weight loss contest for interested teachers, and I signed up, but I know I will need more support and motivation than just a weekly weigh-in. A friend suggested this site, so I'm going to give it a try. Wish me luck?

Replies

• Hi!
    I'm Lila, and I am determined to develop more healthy habits. I will become a new grandma in late February, and I want to be strong and full of energy for my new grandson. I have struggled for years with high blood pressure and high cholesterol and tryglycerides, and my weight just gradually creeps up. Though I am a teacher, and therefore on my feet most of the day, I wouldn't call myself active.
    My school is starting a weight loss contest for interested teachers, and I signed up, but I know I will need more support and motivation than just a weekly weigh-in. A friend suggested this site, so I'm going to give it a try. Wish me luck?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Welcome to MFP! This site is so great and it will help keep you motivated! Good luck to you!