Help with Colon Cleanser

Has anyone heard of Sculp n" Cleanse and the Amino Sculpt by Health Direct? Is it any good?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited February 2016
    What are you wanting it to do? These products are typically just laxatives. Barring a medical condition (for which you should see a doctor), your colon will empty itself without assistance.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Never heard of it

There is never any reason to ever clean your colon, unless under instructions from a doctor people to colonoscopy or similar procedure

Messing with laxatives is bad

B.A.D ...BAD
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    edited February 2016
    Save your money OP. Just eat more nuts and vegetables.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I abused laxatives 20 years ago and am still suffering the consequences. Just say no.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I looked at your diary to see how much fiber you're eating but you are not currently tracking that nutrient. Would you mind temporarily swapping Sodium for Fiber? You can do that here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

I'm assuming you want to do a cleanse because you're not getting the results you want. I see you often have hundreds, if not over a 1,000 calories left over and am wondering if you are completing your food log each day or if you are really undereating by that much.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    There is no reason to use a colon cleanser or a detox drink for weight loss. As others pointed out, there might be a medical reason, such as a colonoscopy, but if you're thinking it will help you lose weight, reset your metabolism, "clean your innards", or some such, that isn't correct.

Barring a specific medical issue, which you should be in contact with your doctor about, your innards do a good job regulating themselves. Your internal plumbing is very efficient and works well. You don't need any of those cleanses or detoxes that you see on the market. They are a waste of money. You don't need to try those cleanses. They have no positive effect. You won't be "cleaner" or "lighter" or "lose fat". They're simply a marketing scam, and you should hang on to your money.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    mzchoward wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of Sculp n" Cleanse and the Amino Sculpt by Health Direct? Is it any good?

At the least - not necessary.

At the worst - a scam and potentially dangerous.

Either way it is a waste of time and money.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 518 Member
    I don't know about that one, but I do have a colon cleanser from time to time:

pnnxnf0ga980.jpg

inverted, with onions, because anything else is simply unnatural
    ways.jpg 183.5K
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

pnnxnf0ga980.jpg

Oh man. My dad used to make Cincinnati chili for us all the time as kids after we moved away. I haven't had the real stuff in ages. If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Thank God this wasn't about colon cancer - as I read it first!

OP, any cleanse is pointless, it's just a detox for money loss.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Save your money. The only time you need a colon cleanse is if you're going through a medical procedure that requires it.
  • 6502programmer
    Oh man. My dad used to make Cincinnati chili for us all the time as kids after we moved away. I haven't had the real stuff in ages. If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.
    Can you not buy frozen/canned out there? I know it's not the same when you can't just walk in, tie the bib on, and enjoy the meat milkshake, but it's still quite tasty.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Can you not buy frozen/canned out there? I know it's not the same when you can't just walk in, tie the bib on, and enjoy the meat milkshake, but it's still quite tasty.

I don't think Kansas has discovered the joy of Skyline chili. I may have to see if I can order online, though. I'm certain I can make this happen!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member

pnnxnf0ga980.jpg

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

That's not how you use Cincinnati chili.
  • 6502programmer
    edited February 2016
    I don't think Kansas has discovered the joy of Skyline chili. I may have to see if I can order online, though. I'm certain I can make this happen!

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=skyline+chili

eta: Cincinnati chili spice packets? I can make turkey chili that tastes like skyline? yummmmmmm

/in for "chili in the bunk"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    edited February 2016

pnnxnf0ga980.jpg

I've mixed and matched from these two recipes http://allrecipes.com/recipe/206953/authentic-cincinnati-chili/ http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/3376-cincinnati-chili but have never had the real thing so don't know how authentic they are.

I have some standard chili in the frig - I think I will adjust the seasonings, make some pasta, chop some onions, and voila, lunch is solved!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Your colon is self-cleansing.

Chili on noodles??? Are the seasonings different from standard chili?
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member

Yes. There's cinnamon and chocolate in Cincinnati chili.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    evileen99 wrote: »

I put both of those in my turkey chili. I didn't realize that changed it to Cincinnati chili! Do I have to root for the Bengals now, because I'd really rather not!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    evileen99 wrote: »

Intriguing.

For me, chili goes with rice...