Week #3 - Monday, February 15th - Progress and Goals Update

lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
So we start week three on Monday. How's everybody doing? We have some new members who joined us just this last week. Tracey, Jess and our newest member Ashley. Welcome!

I have to rate my progress over the last two weeks as a success, especially in the exercise department. I have been consistent in working out twice a week with a trainer and have also done at least two sessions on my own. I have lost at least five pounds, but am doing monthly weigh ins so won't have an update on that front until next month. However, my clothes are definitely feeling looser and I am seriously going to need a tailor for my work pants soon. And that's a really good thing!

So for this week, my goals are to increase my workouts to five sessions per week rather than four. I also plan to increase the intensity of my cardio sessions. I also want to increase my protein to 100 grams a day, and be consistent about that, too.

Good luck everyone. What are your goals for this week?

Replies

• martinezkrauss
    martinezkrauss Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Everyone, my goals are to keep my calories at 1800, do barbell weights three times a week (takes 2 hrs and 15 min) and daily do at least three 45 min. sessions of walking in place. Lost 3 lbs this last week so very encouraged. Congrats Elizabeth on your success. Welcome new members. Let's make this third week the most successful yet. I am committed to do so. - Jonathan K.
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Welcome to our new members!

I feel like I had a pretty good week. I am down 1 lb.! I remained in control most of the week. I even ate pretty well at my in-laws. I made it to my spinning class yesterday but didn't eat the best. Back on the wagon today. This week I'm still working on the BLT's. I also want to be more aware of my macros and hitting those daily. Happy week 3!
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Happy but confused over here. Last week I decided to go with monthly weigh ins and just take measurements weekly. Had a mostly good week with two days that weren't great because if a special event and then being too sick to workout yesterday. I slid a bit yesterday too eating done if the valentines cookies I made with my daughter.

Anyway, measurements didn't budge AT ALL despite lifting or cardio almost daily and staying very close to my planned deficit. So...caved and checked scale to see if even a little good news and I'm down 4.5 lbs! WTH?! I'll take it --but it's so frustrating to always bounce around so much.

This week I'll focus on continuing to do Stronglifts and try for 10k steps daily. More protein so I don't get hungry and eat crap. Finally,I want to pay more attention to my salt intake and water too. I think I'm retaining too much water since I go nuts with the salt.

Good luck everyone!
  • Emily4062
    Emily4062 Posts: 9 Member
    Glad to hear of progress! @Sillybee727 keep up the positive choices... Change will come with consistency!

I'm down 4.4 lb since 2/1. I'm doing much better on not snacking in the evening, though I slipped twice this past week. I hope it's not too repetitive, but I am going to continue to to focus on not snacking after dinner this week. It is really hard for me, but starting to get easier. My eventual goal is for mindless snacking to just not be my default activity, so I want to keep focusing on eliminating those snacks until it becomes second nature. I'm hopeful that my clothes will start feeling looser soon.

2 weeks down, 10 to go!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    No loss (on the scale) for me this week. Actually up 0.2. But I went much lower during the week, so I know it's just normal fluctuations... No worries.

Next week goal: Making strength progress.
  • curlymop3
    curlymop3 Posts: 28 Member
    It's half term here, four kids to keep busy all day.

My goal this week is just to keep trying to log food diary...and keep going...
  • tyboskates
    tyboskates Posts: 23 Member
    Not down any weight at all but I am not letting that stop me. I finally made it to the gym this morning after 2 months of being sick and dealing with insomnia. My goal this week is to make it to the gym every morning and stay away from sweets. I was eating sweets just to stay awake during the day so no more for me. I really want to see a loss on the scale or inches so I am plugging away. This group has been so positive for me and I thank you all for this! Have a great week everyone. :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hit a big weight loss goal last Thursday and then slid off track Friday-Monday. Back on track today but I'm going to stay off the scale until Friday. I didn't complete all of the week 2 PiYo workouts last week so I'm re-doing it this week. My goal this week is to get up earlier in the mornings to get my PiYo done before work and then I will only have my cardio to do after work. Let's have a great week everyone!
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Happy Tuesday everyone...sorry for checking in a day late but I hit the hay at 830p last night..

Congrats to everyone for making it to week #3..as well as our new members..

A successful weekend and week so far. On point for calories and within my macros..After a small loss on the scale I have decided to add weights to the mix, versus relying solely on treadmill.. It has been a stiff/sore couple of days but after a couple of weeks the body will cooperate. I also 'sucked it up' and took measurements (that was emotionally painful) with the plan of only measuring on a monthly basis.. This week's goals are to balance enough exercise and enough rest. I find I will push myself to exhaustion and it will take a week to bounce back.I am very motivated right now so I will ride the wave for now :).. Also to keep food in check..log everything..move everyday and be ok with going to bed when I am tired..if that is 830pm or 11pm... Chin up and step forward!
  • lizadaze
    edited February 2016
    I am so excited to come here each day and read everyone's posts. I have come to realize that this is not easy for anyone. No matter what your fitness goals are, it takes dedication, consistent effort and daily support to truly make positive change happen in our lives.

There will be bad days. Off the wagon days. Days when we are tired, frustrated and want to give up because we've failed yet again and decide in that moment that it doesn't matter so who really cares anyway?

I have failed at this many times. I have really, really wanted to achieve my goals, but I really didn't want to do the hard work required to get there. Wanting something and doing what it takes to actually achieve that something, were not aligned.

But somehow, this time is different.

Maybe I have grown up and decided to be an adult about all of this. Like Nike says, "Just do it".

I am tired and sore tonight, but it is a good tired and sore. I am in control. I am prepared. I will stay the course no matter how long it takes or how many times I have to pick myself up after a fall.

And this community of fellow fitness travelers is such a rich source of support and motivation!

Hope you are all having a great week. And if you are not, tomorrow is a new day. So pick yourself back up and keep going. We got this!

I
  • jwilson507
    jwilson507 Posts: 15 Member
    Welcome newbies. I felt terrific on Sunday morning, down 2. I haven't stayed below 170 for very long these past five years. I weighed in at 167. I rewarded myself and now I'm back! I am with those of you that are only weighing once a month. It's so mental for me. Anyway, my goals this week are to log my calories, eat healthy snacks, exercise 4 days and drink more water. Thanks for the words of wisdom and support. Love this group. We can definitely do this! Stay strong this week.
  • tjwilson5
    tjwilson5 Posts: 16 Member
    Last week was good. I manages to workout 6 days last week. My diary was okay. It still needs some work. My energy level is starting to pick up. My weight isn't really changed much, but I can see when I look in the mirror that good things are happening. For this week my goal is to look at myself in the mirror each morning and tell myself something positive about myself and to work on my diary. Welcome to all the newbies! Enjoy your journey!
  • lizadaze
    tjwilson5 wrote: »
    Last week was good. I manages to workout 6 days last week. My diary was okay. It still needs some work. My energy level is starting to pick up. My weight isn't really changed much, but I can see when I look in the mirror that good things are happening. For this week my goal is to look at myself in the mirror each morning and tell myself something positive about myself and to work on my diary. Welcome to all the newbies! Enjoy your journey!

I love this! I think I will do this, too!
  • martinezkrauss
    Tjwilson5 - that is a great idea. I'm going to do that too. Thanks.
  • martinezkrauss
    I find when I exercise a lot I have a hard time relaxing. Getting in 20 minutes or so of meditation helps. To be sure I do it daily, under "cardio exercise" I added "meditate" for tracking w/ just one calorie.
  • tyboskates
    tyboskates Posts: 23 Member
    lizadaze wrote: »
    tjwilson5 wrote: »

I love this! I think I will do this, too!

I love this idea also!!! I am going to start doing this right now. No need to look in the mirror for this one, I am grateful that this body was strong and healthy enough to allow me to go workout this morning before my hectic day started. That felt good to say (or type) out loud. Thank you for the idea!
  • RREnterprises
    RREnterprises Posts: 9 Member
    Well, I was AWOL for a couple of days with a big event, no time to record food, exhaustion and then celebration after big event was over (read over-indulging in alcohol and food a bit, not too bad). But I am BACK. Pants are already fitting better so I know I have lost. Only scale I have access to is at the gym, though. Headed there later tonight. Nice to have a group to come back to. <3
  • lizadaze
    So happy to see you @RREnterprises.
This discussion has been closed.