I hate leg day....

Because I'm always starving by the end of the day!!!

Replies

• jasonsunlee
    jasonsunlee Posts: 48 Member
    Yeah I hear ya on that. My lower body days include squats so I just know the next day will be painful. Not my favorite days in the gym.
  • jd_racer
    jd_racer Posts: 23 Member
    Yeah but then I see people with huge arms and chest and it looks like they are walking on tooth picks, so makes me want to work legs harder
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I love leg day
  • laraaragon
    laraaragon Posts: 90 Member
    Love the results! Hate being hungry :/
  • I like eating. I like leg day, which is why I have leg and lower body programming five days a week.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    So gift yourself with 100 extra calories on leg day then...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I said I love leg day but I don't actually have one. I'm doing an intermediate full body 3x a week (Texas method) and squat all 3 days
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Squat hunger is definitley somthing that a lot of people experience. I tend to workout at night so it doesn't bother me as much.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I adore my squat and deadlift days. I just eat to appetite and then I don't have to deal with hunger. But then, I'm on a very very mild deficit and would rather retain my strength than lose weight quickly (the last two weeks to make sure I made weight for comp was brutal)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Just eat.

Also legdayeveryday for 46 days in a row. ;)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I train at night, so I don't have that issue :D
  • jessicanicolep
    jessicanicolep Posts: 3 Member
    Leg day is my fav day. I want Carrie Underwood legs!
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    I squat every workout as well, you never get to hate leg day since every workout is leg day.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    As a cyclist, I love leg days.

Also, there's no worse look than being stacked up top while shuffling around on toothpick legs. Quads, Hams & Calves!!!

c9pjyoY.jpg
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Pretty much need a padlock on the fridge after legs or deads day.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    I love leg day

Amen
  • laraaragon
    Pretty much need a padlock on the fridge after legs or deads day.

Yes this!
  • laraaragon
    jd_racer wrote: »
    Yeah but then I see people with huge arms and chest and it looks like they are walking on tooth picks, so makes me want to work legs harder

Thankfully I don't have that problem! Building lower body has always been my strong point. Per profile pic
  • nonrg
    nonrg Posts: 73 Member
    Without leg day I'd walk around looking like a roadrunner walking on toothpicks.
    I've learned to love it the day of and hate it the day after. Best of both worlds.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    laraaragon wrote: »
    Because I'm always starving by the end of the day!!!

I completely agree with this statement! I love leg day, but hate the hunger that comes from it (and fatigue..especially when I do morning leg sessions)