Lose 20 in 6 weeks

kravmark2
kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
Hello all! I have been very inactive on this forum for a long time. Almost 2 years ago i lost over 20lbs using the support from the people on here. Yesterday was my first day back and Im looking for new friends and hard chargers. I am also going to a very physically intensive training in 6 weeks and I need to stop dropping weight fast... like 3lbs a week. So I thought Id start a challenge. The training I'll be attending is an instructor program for shooting and will have a lot of running and physical activity.. I used to be able to run a 1/2 marathon but at the moment i am out of breath by just short jogs... Join me and we can support each other.. looking to lose an average of 3lbs a week from FEB15 till APR1 and then another 20 in the next few months after that.

Replies

• aliziehm
    aliziehm Posts: 7 Member
    How do you propose to do this? (I can lose close to that, but I'm a bariatric patient and only eat 800 cals per day).
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    20 pounds in 6 weeks, sounds good to me. At my weight it's healthy so I'm in, please friend me to ge an acountabillabuddy. I lost 40 in 2 months and kept it off even being away for two yrs!
  • souda_b
    souda_b Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join and try! I need all the support i can get!
  • I would love to be a part of this. I need a push to lose 20!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Yeah, that's not possible for me...not healthily at least
  • Cpina81
    Cpina81 Posts: 13 Member
    Me too... I'd like to join
  • mmedina9079
    mmedina9079 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in
  • kangel73
    kangel73 Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to be part of this just not sure how to friend people
  • Saxy_Al
    Saxy_Al Posts: 1 Member
    Sounds great! I'm in. How do you propose we do this?
  • kelliepoley
    kelliepoley Posts: 2 Member
    Im in. need the motivation. How should we go about doin this?
  • RaghdaNEzzat
    RaghdaNEzzat Posts: 4 Member
    Sounds great to me since I'm not a patient person. I'm in. I hope we become friends so we can motivate each other!
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    Weekly weigh ins and friend each other also keeping an open diary sounds like a great idea to me. Checking in here often maybe posting a daily challenge or weekly challenge to keep mptivated, along with the weekly progress updates
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

The Challenges section also has this additional guideline, which this topic violates.

Challenges which encourage VLCDs, extreme calorie deficits through the use of exercise, or which promote weight loss goals beyond the 2lb per week will be removed.

You can read the additional guidelines here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298436/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-challenges-category-please-read#latest

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.