February 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    2/17 round two - 1.41 miles

MTD - 30.27 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Starting the month off right. 25 miles out of 150. Bike and XC skis. Gotta love winter. :smile:

Adding another 6 miles on the XC skis. That's 31 out of 150.

Adding another 3 miles on the XC skis. Skate skiing is TOUGH! I guess I just need more practice. That makes 34 out of 150.

6 more miles on the hamster wheel. That's 40 out of 150.

Adding 6 more miles for 46 out of 150. It was nice to start commuting again. I didn't expect that two weeks into February.

Adding 16 more miles. It's good to be outside on the bike again but I forgot how hard it is to lug my fat carcass up the hills. :smile: That makes 62 out of 150.

Adding another 15 miles for 77 out of 150.

Adding 6 miles for 83 miles out of 150. Coming right along this month. :smile:

Adding another 12 miles for 95 out of 150.

Adding 6 more miles for 101 out of 150. Too bad they had to be inside but after weights, I was spent anyway so it's just as well. :smile:

Adding another 12 miles for 113 out of 150. It was nice to have the road bike out again. :smile:

Adding another 12 miles from an FTP test. Those really bite but if you don't know where you are, how do you know if you're getting where you want to be?

That's another 12 for 125 out of 150. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    @clepant - I hate when I'm stuck inside. Get a Fat Tire bike and then you could go out in that weather. :smile:

@vhuber - Watch that PiYo workout stuff. It will kick you tail in a hurry. :wink:

I really want to thank all those who keep the spreadsheets up to date. I know it can be a real pain and I just want to let you know I appreciate what you do. :smile: :star:
  • sufferlandrian
    I just noticed todays ride put me over 10,000 miles. :smile: Maybe I should ask the wife if I can have a dollar for every mile I ride. :smile: :laugh:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I walked a mile today!!

exercise.png
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member

exercise.png

10 miles
    MTD 30
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    5 miles done

40 miles total walked

10 miles to goal
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Wooohoo..up to 76.68
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,319 Member
    I just noticed todays ride put me over 10,000 miles. :smile: Maybe I should ask the wife if I can have a dollar for every mile I ride. :smile: :laugh:

@Dean:
    Yah....Congrats on 10,000! I think I gave a stat today for JRFH that if you walk a 1,000 miles a year you will circle the equator 2.5 times in your life time.

I have been considering a fat tire bike. I have been eying quite a few of them on the trails that I run. I don't know if my hubby will let me put another bike in the garage. I have three now plus his two and I am looking at a mountain bike or hybrid.

• clepant
    Feb. 17: Jumping rope, jogging and a lot of walking today for 9.42 miles
    TTD: 168.5 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    @vhuber: Congrats as well for hitting the 10,000 mile mark. Way to go to you and Dean!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    @clepant, thank you! I forget to look at that link!
    I got in 7.5 on the ex bike before work & it was a good thing I did because as the day went on my @ss & low back got more stiff & sore from PiYo!!! After today I should be ok. It just goes to show what body part on me is the weakest or out of shape!!! LOL

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,187 Member
    Walked w/DH and bean this morning then went to 1st grade then shopped then got on the recumbent then did some yoga!! I'm a kettlebell girl...yoqa is new for me!

2/17 - 7.30 miles
    2/17 - 12.75 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Chris
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    cpanus wrote: »
    Walked w/DH and bean this morning then went to 1st grade then shopped then got on the recumbent then did some yoga!! I'm a kettlebell girl...yoqa is new for me!

2/17 - 7.30 miles
    2/17 - 12.75 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Chris

I agree Chris, kettlebells are awesome. I live rural & the closest town is hickville where the gym is old school & no classes are taught. DVD's are my savior with kettlebell's being used.
    You are doing awesome! Did you ever think you would be busy doing this when you retired?

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    52.13 miles so far! :D
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    edited February 2016
    clepant wrote: »

@Dean:
    Yah....Congrats on 10,000! I think I gave a stat today for JRFH that if you walk a 1,000 miles a year you will circle the equator 2.5 times in your life time.

I have been considering a fat tire bike. I have been eying quite a few of them on the trails that I run. I don't know if my hubby will let me put another bike in the garage. I have three now plus his two and I am looking at a mountain bike or hybrid.

I'm up to five, plus the kids bikes and one for the wife. That's D-1 for me. D is the number of bikes you can own before your spouse divorces you. :laugh:
    Skip the mountain bike and go for the fat tire. I ride mine all year round. Heavy sucker but the gearing makes it ideal for dirt, gravel, sand, mud and rocks. It climbs over stumps and roots like a tank. I keep the tire pressure at between 10 and 15 psi depending on the terrain I'm going to ride. It's a lot of fun. :smile:
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    new ttd 61 miles with a great hike up cliff and across very wet golf course today in the sunshine
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Yearly walking challenge: 110/1200 miles

February goal: 100 Miles

2/01: 5 miles walked
    2/02 - 2/03: 4 miles walked (snow storm here so no extra walking!)
    2/04: 3 miles
    2/05 - 2/08: 13 miles
    2/09 - 5 miles
    2/10 - 5 miles
    2/11 - 4 miles
    2/12 - 2/15: 14 miles
    2/16: 4 miles
    2/17: 4 miles

61/100
This discussion has been closed.