Artificial Sweeteners Linked to Obesity/Diabetes

13»

Replies

• harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    I use artificial sweetners in moderation (a diet soda once a week or so, sugarfree gum on once in a while).

I can't sort out by reading all the opposing studies with various methodologies if they're unhealthy or not so I just try not to overdo it.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    ksy1969 wrote: »
    Lol, most "articles" aren't evidence. IF artificial sweeteners are an actual CAUSE of diabetes and obesity, then why in the world would the ADA (American Diabetes Association) RECOMMEND them as an alternative to drink?
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    For me, the debate isn't important. Artificial sweeteners give me a massive headache. And not just me, my siblings as well. Who knows why, never hear about it in the articles... But nobody wants a headache, lol. ..... Water seems to have no controversy around it... That's my choice
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I've been using artificial sweeteners in my coffee since I first started drinking it. Recently switched to half Stevia and half real sugar. I still use the artificial sweeteners if that's not available and I'm not obese nor am I a diabetic.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    A study group of 7 could prove ANYTHING.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    For me, the debate isn't important. Artificial sweeteners give me a massive headache. And not just me, my siblings as well. Who knows why, never hear about it in the articles... But nobody wants a headache, lol. ..... Water seems to have no controversy around it... That's my choice

I choose water too, mainly because it tastes 1 million times better than anything with aspartame. (Except for Coke Zero, the only fake pop that doesn't make me feel icky.)
  • jerber160
    YOU KNOW I DONT CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY! I CUT BACK ON SWEET AND LOW ON FRIDAY AND AM LOSING WEIGHT..... USE EVERY CRAYON IN THE BOX PEEPS
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    jerber160 wrote: »
    YOU KNOW I DONT CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY! I CUT BACK ON SWEET AND LOW ON FRIDAY AND AM LOSING WEIGHT..... USE EVERY CRAYON IN THE BOX PEEPS

Necro thread, dude, and I normally ignore if I see that, but I'll just spit this in here:

There's only one thing that makes a person fat. Calories. Hint--zero calorie sweeteners don't have calories.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    What makes a two year old question show up again?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    What makes a two year old question show up again?

Someone writing in all caps using personal anecdote as proof.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    *sips on zero calorie soda while on track to hit 2lb lost this week*
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Sweet 'n Low is one of my favorite flavors. Feel free to send me your unused SnL packets, Mr. Yelling Man.
  • jerber160
    you ain't got no alibi you ugly.....