Good Morning!

I've been here for the longest and I haven't gotten into this app yet. So now I invested in a Garmin vivosmart hr and I'm more motivated!!! :) I've tried all the fad diets and it's a temporary fix, not Permanent. I am changing up my lifestyle so I'm trying to lose weight and maintain it. So now I need to make friends/motivators...any takers?! Please don't judge btw... :smiley:

Replies

• Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Good for you!!!!! You can do this!
  • denise_niecy2003
    denise_niecy2003 Posts: 38 Member
    Mersie1 wrote: »
    Good for you!!!!! You can do this!
    Thank you!
  • CrissyFarn
    CrissyFarn Posts: 3 Member
    My son has given me a Garmin watch, i've been playing with it and trying to work it out more and I've been walking with it, but managed a 3 mile walk this morning and a 4 mile walk yesterday not sure how my weight loss journey will go but it's nice to know my son thinks enough of me to keep me around for a bit longer.
  • brwnskyn_d
    brwnskyn_d Posts: 2 Member
    You got it!!!I am just starting on my weight loss journey as well. Starting off with a two week challenge. a little competition is definitely a good way to jump start this journey for me! Let me know if you want information on the challenge. So I'm here for you, you can add me if you would like. we can motivate each other!
  • karacasale5
    karacasale5 Posts: 41 Member
    You can do it! This app kept me motivated 95% of the time. Add some friends and read their diarys. Get different workout advice, you'll love itb
  • denise_niecy2003
    edited February 2016
    My son has given me a Garmin watch, i've been playing with it and trying to work it out more and I've been walking with it, but managed a 3 mile walk this morning and a 4 mile walk yesterday not sure how my weight loss journey will go but it's nice to know my son thinks enough of me to keep me around for a bit longer.

Aww that's awesome Chris!! We can be garmin watch buddies lol! Your son is so sweet for doing that for you! How are you liking it so far?
  • denise_niecy2003
    edited February 2016
    :)
  • denise_niecy2003
    brwnskyn_d wrote: »
    You got it!!!I am just starting on my weight loss journey as well. Starting off with a two week challenge. a little competition is definitely a good way to jump start this journey for me! Let me know if you want information on the challenge. So I'm here for you, you can add me if you would like. we can motivate each other!

Excellent! Thanks for the add! I'm sorry it took so long to reply but I'm still figuring this app out!
  • denise_niecy2003
    You can do it! This app kept me motivated 95% of the time. Add some friends and read their diarys. Get different workout advice, you'll love itb

Yasss honey! Lol thanks Kara! I appreciate the support from all of you! I will definitely use this app to the fullest. I love the blogs!!
  • catvickob
    catvickob Posts: 5 Member
    Good Afternoon! Trying to learn this app
  • denise_niecy2003
    catvickob wrote: »
    Good Afternoon! Trying to learn this app

Good afternoon! How's it going for you so far?? Do you like it?
  • catvickob
    catvickob Posts: 5 Member
    So far as good. Just brought the Garmin Vivofit 2 , I like how it gives me step goals each day. Hope this helps me with my weight loss journey ☺️
  • denise_niecy2003
    kimyrachel wrote: »
    Hi there! I am happy you are now looking for something permanent, not a temporary fix! I have tried so many diets but it always failed since it didn't change my lifestyle, the way I approached food. Now that I have a different mindset to approach things it changed by so much! :) Feel free to add me and good luck!

Thanks Kimy! I know the fad diets weren't the best idea but I loved the quick results but I didn't love the quick return lol. I've always done my research one how to do it the right way but there were events I wanted to attend and need a quick fix... Now I know better. I just need to stay focused and keep it moving. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I really do appreciate it!
  • hectorh82
    hectorh82 Posts: 110 Member
    just got my hr also, came over from a jawbone but wanted the hr monitor to better track my calorie burning. fad diets actually hurt you more then help. i used to be a gym rat and even got certified as a nutrition coach and let me tell you.. all bad haha.. i myself am on the boat to self betterment so chin up and focus.
  • denise_niecy2003
    catvickob wrote: »
    So far as good. Just brought the Garmin Vivofit 2 , I like how it gives me step goals each day. Hope this helps me with my weight loss journey ☺️

Yessss Cat! I love it too! Except when I'm laying down comfortably and the "move" vibration buzzes at me! I keep forgetting to put it on nap/sleep mode. Lol but overall it's one of my best investments. How long have you had yours and how do you like it?
  • denise_niecy2003
    hectorh82 wrote: »
    just got my hr also, came over from a jawbone but wanted the hr monitor to better track my calorie burning. fad diets actually hurt you more then help. i used to be a gym rat and even got certified as a nutrition coach and let me tell you.. all bad haha.. i myself am on the boat to self betterment so chin up and focus.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Hector! So do you still have your jawbone tracker with an additional HR band or did you switch over to another product?
    That is awesome that you are a certified nutrition coach! Any information you want to throw this way I'll take it! Good luck on your journey and again thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • platonicchick
    platonicchick Posts: 4 Member
    hectorh82 wrote: »

How come you quit Jawbone? How's the hr in comparison?
  • platonicchick
    platonicchick Posts: 4 Member
    I've been here for the longest and I haven't gotten into this app yet. So now I invested in a Garmin vivosmart hr and I'm more motivated!!! :) I've tried all the fad diets and it's a temporary fix, not Permanent. I am changing up my lifestyle so I'm trying to lose weight and maintain it. So now I need to make friends/motivators...any takers?! Please don't judge btw... :smiley:

Girl, you got this! One day at a time. ☺
  • denise_niecy2003
    Girl, you got this! One day at a time. ☺

Thanks Platonicchick! :smiley:
  • yamaha2183
    yamaha2183 Posts: 48 Member
    Good for you, feel free to add me up