Helpful quotes, post them here.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 5,232 Member
    Good ones Barbara. I really relate to the one step/bite part :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 782 Member
    edited July 2015
    Love these quotes! And here's one from a "Daily Om" weight loss hypnosis course I just started:

"When it comes to weight control, the only one who fails is the one who gives up. Every attempt you make, you are one step closer towards achieving your goal." ~ Rena Greenberg

~Kathy
  • retirehappy
    In the words of Dr. Seuss, “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
  • retirehappy
    Time for some new quotes:

“If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.” ~Unknown

“Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks.” ~Unknown

“Can it be a mistake that ‘STRESSED’ is ‘DESSERTS’ spelled backwards?” ~Unknown

“What you eat in private will show up in public.” ~Unknown

“Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” ~English Proverb

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” ~Unknown

“Stop worrying about missed opportunities and start looking for new ones.” ~Pei

“You wouldn’t worry so much about what people really thought of you if you knew just how seldom they actually do.” ~Unknown

“Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning” ~Winston Churchill

“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” ~Johann von Goethe

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon

“Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” ~Jameson Frank

“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

“What consumes your mind controls your life.” ~Creed

“You don’t have to be perfect in order to be successful.” ~Anonymous

“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen

“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” ~Vidal Sassoon

“The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.” ~Sarah Brown

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~Margaret Thatcher

“It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” ~Sir Edmund Hillary

“The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move.” ~John Wooden

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~Robert J Collier

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James

“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ~Colin Powell

• retirehappy
    "Do not look at yourself with disgust, you are a gift to this earth. You are beautiful, you are a light, an energy, an essence. You are nature herself." Someone named Amber had this on her profile quote, it really says it all.
  • retirehappy
    Argue for your limitations, and they are yours. Richard Bach
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 540 Member
    This Positive! Because thoughts are like steering wheels that move our life in the right direction.

I missed this thread so thought I would throw one in. lol
  • DreamOn145
    Whoops! That should be THINK positive!
  • mxchana
    edited November 2015
    "You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream."
    C.S. Lewis

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
    Thomas Edison
  • retirehappy
    Happiness is homemade.
  • DreamOn145
    I LOVE inspirational quotes! I post them on my frig, my bathroom mirror, my desk. I am not sure why this one has caught me but I love it to much I am thinking about painting a sign

Fate whispers to the warrior
    "You cannot withstand the storm"
    And the warrior whispers back
    "I am the storm"
  • mxchana
    That's a good one, Janet! Thanks for sharing it.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 96 Member
    Changing how I look at logging today. It have looked at it as a diet- if I look at it as a tool for being able to at without guilt it is easier
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 96 Member
    w8e775ufw91r.jpeg
  • retirehappy
    Good one, he had a lot of good things to say. RIP Dr. Dyer.
  • retirehappy
    Choose to toss the bad day as opposed to the good lifestyle. Unknown
  • retirehappy
    “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln
  • retirehappy
    Happiness is homemade.

I found this on a Costco mat, so I know have it where I see it everytime I am in the kitchen. A great reminder.
  • retirehappy
    Why reward your self with a treat? You are not a dog.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 597 Member
    Slow progress is still better than no progress