gym time

What do you do to motivate yourself to go....

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I motivate myself with the knowledge of how crappy I'll feel about myself tomorrow morning if I don't go tonight.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Reaching my goals is pretty good motivation. Otherwise, "just stay fat" is pretty much the alternative.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't motivate myself...I just make a plan and do it. If I get into the "should I go/should I not" discussion, its not very productive. Make a plan for yourself for the week and then do it!

I agree with peachyfuzzie, but also, I remind myself how great I will feel when I am done.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    artdpaa wrote: »

For the extensive amount of mirrors I can use. Why else?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    I consider it part of my work day. I don't ask myself if I feel like going; I just go. Pre-planning and having my fully packed gym bag with me every morning helps, too. Which means making packing it every night a HABIT and not a, "Should I pack a bag? What if I don't feel like going?" nonsense.

Also, no one has ever regretted a workout! Well, sometimes when I'm really sore the next day, but it's still worth it.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    my alarm clock ( it says gym time), before bed I look at the berry app- under the daily motivation category and get pumped for my 5 am workout/or pinterest. preworkout and loud tunes.
    im motivated however, by not wanting to ever go above a size 10 pant ever ever again.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    I don't hit the gym but I do run and sometimes don't feel like it...

I tell myself I have to at least change into my running clothes. That usually gets me out there. If I decide I want to cut it way short than I let myself do that. But 9 times out of 10 I feel fine once I get out there and do whatever I was planning to do.

Maybe get some good music to listen to as well? Or an audiobook or podcast? Something to look forward to? Set specific goals?
  • wonderchu
    wonderchu Posts: 53 Member
    It's part of my routine so it's just something I do, whether I feel like it or not.
  • audbod63
    audbod63 Posts: 15 Member
    I meet my friend at the gym. Accountability to someone else works wonders.
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Find an activity, workout, gym, sport, whatever that you enjoy. Once you find that, the activity itself is self motivating.
  • jwschutz
    jwschutz Posts: 306 Member
    I commit to walking through the door at the gym, I tell myself if I stay for 5 minutes or an hour it's ok. Once I'm there I always stay.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I love lifting and playing tennis. I get sad when I can't go. If you have to force yourself to do something, you may want to look at finding something you enjoy doing instead :smiley:
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm actually struggling a bit this week but I remind myself that I do not want to be in this position again next year and that not being active isn't worth the health issues or the emotional guilt. When the motivation dissipates I keep it casual that day...or week... and tell myself I can just walk and chill; usually I end up increasing the intensity anyways once I get going and start to enjoy myself. I also log on MFP and read/comment on posts to keep my headspace focused. Music makes a big difference for me, a good beat can really motivate me to push a little harder.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    The motivation it gives me is it makes me happy. Today, I felt so amazing after my workout. I was greeting front desk people nonstop lol
  • artdpaa
    artdpaa Posts: 16 Member
    lcuconley wrote: »
    I don't motivate myself...I just make a plan and do it. If I get into the "should I go/should I not" discussion, its not very productive. Make a plan for yourself for the week and then do it!

I agree with peachyfuzzie, but also, I remind myself how great I will feel when I am done.

That's a great answer I'll do that
  • artdpaa
    Great answer
  • artdpaa
    artdpaa wrote: »

For the extensive amount of mirrors I can use. Why else?

• artdpaa
    Good one
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Look at my old fat pictures. That is motivation enough.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    I love the gym, lifting is my favourite and it drives me insane if i can't go. I have goals to reach which motivate me and the only time i don't go is when i'm sick or too tired ( so much so that it'd be unsafe)