February 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Good Morning Everyone!!! This is my first day off work in February (well actually since January 22, :o but who' s counting? ) So I am way, way, way behind for the month, but it's too soon to give up already, right?

Only 20 miles for the month so far. Yikes, I gotta get a move on if I have any chance of getting another 55 miles in.

exercise.png

I've worked through warm days, snow storms, rain and sunshine (February has been eventful here) but thankfully today looks nice enough to get outside and move.

Have a great day everyone! And Dave, thanks for checking in on me and making sure I got my @$$ back in here, I needed the push.
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    2/18 - 1.75 miles

MTD - 32.02 miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,302 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    3 miles walking today

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,769 Member
    Exercise total for

02/18

24.89 miles (exercise bike) & 2.57 miles (cross trainer) & 2.53 miles walking

29.99 miles for today

525.91 miles done MTD
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member

exercise.png

15th: 4.5 miles purposeful walking, 2.97 trail running - MTD 78.80
    16th: 2.3 miles purposeful walking, 2.38 trail running - MTD 83.57
    17th: 4.85 miles purposeful walking, MTD - 88.41
    18th: 4.4 miles purposeful walking, 3.9 road running - MTD 96.72
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Adding 4.39 + 8.00 miles walked

97.17 walked to date
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,302 Member
    edited February 2016
    You may have noticed that I'm playing around with the spreadsheet again... :smiley:

I'm toying with the "Total Miles" column and shading based on reaching milestones of 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K, 25K (so far). I'm not in love with the colors yet, but they're okay.

Thoughts on this?? Will it give you something even MORE to shoot for?? :smile:

Dave
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    edited February 2016
    2/17 Jog 4 miles / Walk 3.5 miles
    2/18 ?

As of 2/18123.25 of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Started my vacation by leaving work and going straight to the gym. A 1 mile walk around the track before my TRX class. The whole sleep thing then made me go to bed. Had to spend the afternoon at Best Buy, then my bedroom hooking up a new TV and calling the cable company since I'm not tech savvy, rather than getting out and adding more miles. But I'm off till March 3rd and hope to take this time to get myself more back on track with everything than I've been lately.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Was blessed with a BEAUTIFUL day (low 50's without wind) so I took the 4 fur babies for a 3 mile muddy walk. Got home & did PiYo Lower Body with DH. I then had to give the 2 little fur babies a bath so they could stay in the house. A good day!!

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Adding 3.5 on elliptical yesterday and 3.1 mi run tonight :)

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,319 Member
    edited February 2016
    Feb. 18: 7.75 miles of walking and jumping rope...with some jogging thrown in for good measure. Next some coaching volleyball after school to fourth and fifth graders and a little easier weight training and bands too.
    TTD: 176.25 miles

exercise.png

Dean: Will consider the fat bike but I will need to clear out some of my gardening stuff. I also have three kayaks in the garage too so I guess that evens us up.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Starting the month off right. 25 miles out of 150. Bike and XC skis. Gotta love winter. :smile:

Adding another 6 miles on the XC skis. That's 31 out of 150.

Adding another 3 miles on the XC skis. Skate skiing is TOUGH! I guess I just need more practice. That makes 34 out of 150.

6 more miles on the hamster wheel. That's 40 out of 150.

Adding 6 more miles for 46 out of 150. It was nice to start commuting again. I didn't expect that two weeks into February.

Adding 16 more miles. It's good to be outside on the bike again but I forgot how hard it is to lug my fat carcass up the hills. :smile: That makes 62 out of 150.

Adding another 15 miles for 77 out of 150.

Adding 6 miles for 83 miles out of 150. Coming right along this month. :smile:

Adding another 12 miles for 95 out of 150.

Adding 6 more miles for 101 out of 150. Too bad they had to be inside but after weights, I was spent anyway so it's just as well. :smile:

Adding another 12 miles for 113 out of 150. It was nice to have the road bike out again. :smile:

Adding another 12 miles from an FTP test. Those really bite but if you don't know where you are, how do you know if you're getting where you want to be?

That's another 12 for 125 out of 150. :smile:

Adding another 6 miles for 131 out of 150.
  • sufferlandrian
    You may have noticed that I'm playing around with the spreadsheet again... :smiley:

I'm toying with the "Total Miles" column and shading based on reaching milestones of 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K, 25K (so far). I'm not in love with the colors yet, but they're okay.

Thoughts on this?? Will it give you something even MORE to shoot for?? :smile:

Dave

I like the idea. :smile: The colors are nice as they don't detract from the monthly percentage but I think the yellow for 37,000 for DCMAT needs to be subdued or pastel. What ever happened to DCMAT? He didn't crash again did he?
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,187 Member
    edited February 2016
    vhuber wrote: »

I agree Chris, kettlebells are awesome. I live rural & the closest town is hickville where the gym is old school & no classes are taught. DVD's are my savior with kettlebell's being used.
    You are doing awesome! Did you ever think you would be busy doing this when you retired?

Thank you! I just don't know how I had time to go to work every day! I just have so much to do! :o

Chris

• sufferlandrian
    edited February 2016
    clepant wrote: »

Dean: Will consider the fat bike but I will need to clear out some of my gardening stuff. I also have three kayaks in the garage too so I guess that evens us up.

Well, if it were me, I'd get rid of the garden and the gardening tools. They are detracting from your running and cycling and kayaking. All worthwhile pass times for when the zombie apocalypse hits. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    cpanus wrote: »
    vhuber wrote: »

I agree Chris, kettlebells are awesome. I live rural & the closest town is hickville where the gym is old school & no classes are taught. DVD's are my savior with kettlebell's being used.
    You are doing awesome! Did you ever think you would be busy doing this when you retired?

Thank you! I just don't know how I had time to go to work every day! I just have so much to do! :o

Chris

LOL. :laugh: That's funny but with the way you keep busy, it's so true. :smile:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,187 Member
    Today I walked w/DH and Bean after it poured rain last night! Then got on the recumbent for an episode of Covert Affairs then worked out to a kettlebell DVD for 30 mins. No school for me today. It was a good day!

2/18 - 6.85 miles
    2/18 - 12.50 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Chris
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Adding 8.5 miles today. Finally a day with more than 1 mile. :D But based on the way the back of my left leg feels, I may be paying for this tomorrow.

February total 28.5 miles making progress here, right?

exercise.png

And tomorrow is another 12 hour day at work. Hoping to find enough time to get outside for a walk around the parking lot.

This discussion has been closed.