About 13 months, 75 pounds down and finally healthy BMI!

August 1st, 2014 I started down this path to health. Losing weight was important, but getting healthy was my goal.

My three-and-a-half year old daughter is my main inspiration. When I started, she was faster than me and I couldn't keep up! With all the negative body image things going on in the world, I want her to have a good, healthy, fit role model rather than the unhealthy, slothful woman I was when I started.

So, here are the outward results. The first photo was from three weeks into the process at 225lbs and the second is from this morning at 156. At 5'6", 154.9 is officially a healthy BMI and I hit that last week after a sweaty gym session, so I'll take it :)

5E76608E-5ECB-48C1-9848-6BA5226C46E2_zpssmm4lb0i.jpg
26BCF8EA-6566-4046-BBE5-7E3E8DCE2E19_zpszteaxdx0.jpg

There are still a few pounds I'd like to shed to get to an arbitrary number I picked, but I'm really pleased with my progress. In October, I'm running three races and last August I ran my first 60 seconds. And for my daughter, it's perfectly normal for mommy to go out running. This is what I'm most pleased with!

Replies

• deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Good for you, and what a lucky child to have such a strong, healthy mom. You must feel great about yourself
    Well done,,! :)
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Great job hun!!!!, you look fab, keep up the good work
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Very inspiring, thanks for posting!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @jessiruthica that is awesome and may long term be of even more value to your daughter. The world I have decided is not going to take the health of our kids seriously in a way that counts long term. What you are doing and will continue to do for your health will give your daughter hope she can live a life at a healthy weight.

Keep up the great job and inspire your daughter so she can sidestep future health problems. Best of success.
  • healthylili2015
    healthylili2015 Posts: 24 Member
    Wow great work! You are doing awesome!!!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Amazing! :) So inspirational <3
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Greatness!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Wow. Good work!!
  • ajsmommy824
    ajsmommy824 Posts: 29 Member
    Great Job!!!! And Love your story for wanting to change!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Great job! These stories are so inspirational!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    You are where I want to be after 13 months. Thanks for posting!
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Love your story! You look great and most importantly youre living healthy and setting a good example!
  • saransaran
    saransaran Posts: 30 Member
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful transformation. You look great!
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Fantastic--it will be fun when she gets to go with you!
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Go Mommy!
  • crippcrunch
    crippcrunch Posts: 16 Member
    Yay! Your results are fantastic must be all that hard work and dedication! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Great work...well done!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Exceptional job!
  • CountryLady47
    CountryLady47 Posts: 40 Member
    Awesome results you look great! How many calories did you have per day? How much exercise did you do? Did you eat lower carb? Sorry for all the questions, I am where you started and am the same height as you so quite interested in any information you can share of what worked for you.. thanks,
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    I love your before and after, great job, I am working towards a healthier example for my kids too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!