5'3" & 124 pounds..anyone else trying to lose fat?

Replies

• Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    I am 5'4 and 107 I was stuck at 120 for ages even with meticulously counting calories 1,400 and running every day.

So actually after 7 months of being stuck I just stopped running everyday and it actually made me lose.
  • PlanningBea
    PlanningBea Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5'3 currently 147 on my way to 125 (at least) and gaining some nice muscle tone. Working hard on portion control and overeating by snacking.

I would love to add some of you ladies to keep me motivated :smile:
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Feel free to add me too. 5'2 122 pounds.. My lowest was 112 but had to take 4 months off of working out because of a health issue so the weight crept back on.. Trying to get back to the 115 range but it's harder this time.

Adding:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Hmm...I'm 5'4" and tried to GET TO 124/125 to be lean enough for a bulk but couldn't pull it off and gave up. I can't imagine trying to get under that!
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 124 pounds. I would love to lose some body fat, yet maintain the muscle that I do have. Do any other ladies, around similar stats, have the same goals? If so, let's be friends:) what are you doing that is working so far? ?

I'm 5' - 114 lbs. - weight training + cardio daily in order to maintain weight (lose fat but gain muscle)

I added you. .may i ask what your routine looks like?
  • Nikkimaxim
    I'm 5'3 currently 147 on my way to 125 (at least) and gaining some nice muscle tone. Working hard on portion control and overeating by snacking.

I would love to add some of you ladies to keep me motivated :smile:

Feel free to add me:)
  • Nikkimaxim
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    I'm 5' 2" & 116.4 lbs. I was around 120 during the holidays. A year ago January (2015) I was @137. I've kept to my deficit with intermittent fasting (eat my deficit calories during an 8 hr window). It became much easier to stick to, a breeze, actually. Fat has been coming off steadily.

Between what times were you eating? Did you just drink a lot of water during the rest of the day?
  • anparker_1980
    anparker_1980 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm so glad to have found this post!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Naley2322 wrote: »
    I am 5'4 and 107 I was stuck at 120 for ages even with meticulously counting calories 1,400 and running every day.

So actually after 7 months of being stuck I just stopped running everyday and it actually made me lose.

Plot twist
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yeah same here. I had to stop my 6 day a week routine due to a knee injury. Lost my last five pounds. My trainer claimed that I was wearing out my body - had home stress and was stressing out my body with so much exercise that my cortisol levels may have been high and my body was just holding on to everything. I dunno if that was true, but something fell in line. Until the holidays 2015...that is... :s
  • Naley2322

Plot twist

I know I can't believe it! Its been several years without a problem sticking to more carbs and less exercise! I mean I came from a background where I was training about 6-8 hours a day and incredibly fit!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member

Plot twist

I've had other females say the same thing...maybe overtraining has something to do with it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Talan79 wrote: »

Plot twist

I've had other females say the same thing...maybe overtraining has something to do with it.

More likely overestimating running calories burned. Especially if running high mileages per wk.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    Water retention to repair muscles? I have noticed whenever I take a break from lifting and then start again, I have an overnight (literally) gain of 4-5 pounds and then the scale will not move for the next 6-8 weeks.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    I have pretty much exactly the same stats :P I have a quite small frame so I'm trying to get down to 110 or so.
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    edited February 2016
    5'2" wanting to get to 108 for right now. I lift weights 7 days a week for 60-75 minutes, eat at a deficit and do cardio 4 to 5 days a week for 45-55 minutes.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i am 5'2, 5'3 with reallly good posture haha. Currently 131 want to get back to 112.. i have a pretty high bf% right now.. scooby says i need to eat 1300 to lose my bmr is 1384.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    I'm 5'2 currently on 136 trying to get to 120 atleast...what are ur macros? I tend to low carb weekdays then up catbs on weekends. I'm eating 1350 cals but I'm always under except for weekends I net 1500. I do SL 5X5 3x weekly and incline power walk once a week for 40mins. Not sure if what I'm doing is enough or too little but I'm always exhausted work and running after a 1 yr old and housework...
  • Naley2322
    stealthq wrote: »
    Talan79 wrote: »

Plot twist

More likely overestimating running calories burned. Especially if running high mileages per wk.

but I had my calories stuck to 1,200 - 1,300 (cycling) and I weighed everything
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    It's so simple. Just eat a small deficit, make sure you're getting 100g + protein and lift to preserve the muscle.
    I've under eaten 100 cals a day for 30 odd days and I'm down a pound. In pure fat. I look totally different at 130lb than I do at 132.
    When I hit 128lb I'll again look totally different, that will be April.