Time to stop taking ourselves so seriously! Tell us something embarrassing about yourself.

Replies

• Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    I was having a cranky , busy, over-booked, stressful day and we were rushing to get supper finished up, so we could go swimming at the local pool. As if I didn't have enough to do at the time, I thought I should try and do one more thing so I called to renew my hairdressing licence for the year. As I was waiting to leave a message, I looked out the window and saw my son's friend coming up the street to come swimming with us and I started yelling to the kids in the kitchen "I told you to tell him we were eating supper, why did you tell him to come so early...blah blah blah only to realize mid-rant that I had screamed all this into the phone onto their voicemail! I was mortified!
  • Vanessalookingood
    When my kids were younger I borrowed my Dad's tripod and video camera to take family videos. After some time I moved it out of the hallway to our room and thought no more of it. Weeks later the cable man had to fix the connection in our bedroom. OMG! After he left I saw it...sitting in the corner where I had left it weeks earlier! :0
  • Vanessalookingood
    Back in my early 20's we girls at the beauty shop really liked to P-A-R-T-Y ! I must have had a rockin' good time because the next morning when I woke up, I discovered my sexy white top I wore that night to the bar was just covered in pizza sauce! And I mean covered!
  • koffeekakes
    koffeekakes Posts: 65 Member
    I do embarrassing stuff often. Mostly because, while I'm pretty book-smart, I lack common sense. For instance...

- I sometimes shake out candles because I forget you can just blow them out.

- I sometimes walk through doors before fully opening them.

And one time I yelled at my cable company person because my channels were stuck. I told him I'd just bought a new remote so I KNEW it wasnt that and proceeded to rant and rave about how I wouldnt be able to watch something REALLY IMPORTANT (probably like Malcom in the Middle lol) if they didnt fix it SOON!! I was rude, and I'm really not like that. Then he politely said, "Ma'am we'll fix it.. but in the meantime.. you could always get up, walk to your tv, and change the channels by hand." POOF!! *mind blowwwwn* I felt so stupid..
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    I failed to notice a car at the air pump at a convenience store and I backed into it with my big SUV. That is embarrassing enough. However, as I was exchanging info with the other driver, four of my co-workers showed up and came running over to see what happened. I had to confess I was talking on the phone and didn't look where I was going.
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Although I have an excellent sense of direction when on foot, give me a vehicle to drive and I'm sure to get lost. I've lived in this city for 5 years now. Today I turned onto a sideroad in order to get out from behind a snowplow, and ended up driving for almost 20 minutes before admitting to the kids that perhaps the sideroad *didn't* lead back to town...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    There are so many things... :o
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Just went to a movie and s standing in line. I was speaking with a really cute guy near the restrooms and he was in line behind me getting snacks. He said "well, you look really pretty." I tried around all excited and said "thank you'" only to see him speaking to another girl who may have been the one he went with. I decided I didn't need my coke zero and left immediately to sit alone lol

OUCH!!! That seems like something that would happen to me! I feel your pain...
  • svinson319
    svinson319 Posts: 20 Member
    Last summer at the water park I fell trying to get into the family raft with my 2 kids and hubby and 2 lifeguards jumped on me to keep me from going down the water slide without a raft.

I also paid to see Titanic 5 times in the theater the year it came out.
  • suzreen
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    There are so many things... :o

Yep, what she said. But here's mine: many years ago, in middle school, I wore a dress to school and went around half the day with the back of it tucked in my panty hose after using the restroom. For a thirteen year old, that is social anihilation! So I think that was burned into me from then on to really check when you wear a dress to make sure you didn't do that. but lately, I have been wearing longer sweaters than usual. Like butt covering ones. And darned if I haven't had those tucked into my pants and walking around like that about three times lately. What a dork!
  • mawalsh11
    mawalsh11 Posts: 14 Member
    Up until about a year and a half ago I thought the term "chip on your shoulder" was actually "chimp on your shoulder." Argued my logic with someone for nearly a half hour.

I'm not proud.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Hubby caught me whispering sweet nothings to a dinner roll once. I had found out after biting into it that it was stuffed with cheese and apparently called it "sneaky" under my breath.
  • LostCowboy
    LostCowboy Posts: 49 Member
    My story is so filthy I can't even share it here. Lets just say body fluids and nakedness were involved.
  • koffeekakes
    koffeekakes Posts: 65 Member
    Up until about a year and a half ago I thought the term "chip on your shoulder" was actually "chimp on your shoulder." Argued my logic with someone for nearly a half hour.

I'm not proud.

OMG that's too adorable. Hahaha!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i once walked around downtown portland for the better part of the afternoon with my skirt inside my pantyhose. All those looks i was getting was making me feel very confident, until i realized why...
  • owlprincess1234
    owlprincess1234 Posts: 62 Member
    I say "elfit" instead of outfit, I also say "breakfrast" with that extra R, can't help it.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    svinson319 wrote: »
    Last summer at the water park I fell trying to get into the family raft with my 2 kids and hubby and 2 lifeguards jumped on me to keep me from going down the water slide without a raft.

I also paid to see Titanic 5 times in the theater the year it came out.

That's amazing - I'm giggling imagining the lifeguards flinging themselves ontop of you. Hope they were cute!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    I believe in fairies :)
  • suzreen

I'm not proud.

Chimp on your shoulder and a monkey on your back, hahaha!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I often have to google what my son's grade 2 homework instructions mean.