What's for lunch today?

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Corn tortillas with chicken, red and green pepper, sweet yellow onion and salsa. So good.

ETA. Sorry forgot to type in lime juice and Worcestershire Sauce.
  • organic_homestead
    organic_homestead Posts: 31 Member
    Leftovers : baked boneless pork chop, 1/2 sweet potato, 2 slices baked pear, side spinach salad w/broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, tomato, sprinkle of cheese.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Homemade crock pot pinto beans- a side of chopped avocado with fresh pico
  • Paiger81
    Paiger81 Posts: 7 Member
    3 leftover shrimp (they were huge), homemade pimento cheese, cucumbers and carrots for dipping & a handful of goldfish crackers.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Smoked chicken off the Big Green Egg.. Yummy
  • Ingrids_Oily_Tongue
    Ingrids_Oily_Tongue Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    wgNGPD6.jpg
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I had garlic cheese bread to get rid of it. Haha! Normally I do something like a chicken haystack, burrito bowl, quesadillas, or grilled chicken and veggies, or leftovers of dinner.
  • cassieknights951
    cassieknights951 Posts: 48 Member
    Baked potato with tuna and cheese
  • x3_kayyneww
    x3_kayyneww Posts: 11 Member
    Garden salad with balsamic vinegar!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Fresh baby spinach toppd with 1/2 cup of ruby red grapefruit, a serving of butternut squash and a can of sardines, with 2 Tbsp of Trader Joes's light champagne vinaigrette dressing. I wasn't sure I would like this combo, especially with the sardines, but it was great. 268 calories.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Today I had a steak fajita salad. Spinach, broccoli slaw, cucumbers, tomatoes, salsa, yogurt, lime juice, corn, roasted peppers and onions, steak, lots of sriracha sauce.
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Baby Carrots, Scrambled egg whites with spinnach & mushrooms, orange juice, English Muffin and fruit cup
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    I had left over teriyaki seitan stir-fry, some homemade hummus with blue corn chips and cucumber and a banana.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Caribbean Key Lime Jerk Tuna patties over lettuce drizzled with a sweet chili sauce.

cdq8k78ivt9f.jpeg
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    For health reasons (as in, this is not a weight loss strategy), I prefer a bigger lunch and lighter dinner, so I had a big plate of leftover fresh pasta, mushrooms, and leftover braised leg of lamb. Yum!

My light meal tonight will be a little polenta cooked in chicken broth, a cut-up lower-calorie chicken sausage, and lots of veggies.

@amyrebeccah Oo, what is this lower calorie chicken sausage you speak of? I'm craving them, but the calorie and sodium counts are making me crazy!

http://www.casualgourmetsausage.com/casualgourmetsausage/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=14

I bought the red pepper and spinach variety at Costco. It's only 120 calories a link but still 480 mg of sodium, which is pretty low for sausage, sadly. We monitor due to my husband's health issues but it's a rare processed meat for us so we are often able to fit it in.

Trader Joe's also has several nice varieties. Lowest cal that are also somewhat low (both just under 400mg) in sodium are the jalapeno chicken and apple chicken.

Thanks for the tips!
  • kes840
    kes840 Posts: 66 Member
    Homemade chicken, barley, vegetable soup. Clementine. Fresh mozarella.
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    The usual:
    • 30g romaine lettuce
    • 30g spinach
    • 50g tomatoes
    • 70g cucumber
    • 5 oz chicken breast
    • 3 tbsp. Ken's Steakhouse Lite Strawberry Vinaigrette

Somehow I never get tired of it.
  • greeentea
    greeentea Posts: 24 Member
    I woke up at 11:30... so "lunch" is a scrambled egg with cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes, and spinach. OJ + blueberries on the side!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Peanut Butter sandwich. I forgot to my lunch after I made everyone else's last night.. I slapped that together this morning lol YUMMY!!

I hate when there's no left overs...
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Turkey sandwich with cheese, some light mayo, lettuce and tomato, a greek yogurt and probably a banana.